Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

There is ONLY one way to improve catering standards at the AMEX.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
really? for me only half time is manic for queue's. get there early have a drink and a pie, then after too. whats with the need for a boycott?

exactly this,...... they have run out of Harveys twice, but who wouldn't given the massive demand,..... they cant have 500 barrels sitting around just in case. I HAVE NO GRIPES ABOUT THE CATERING AT ALL. WSU is a bit warm at times, but who cares,... its all a great experience for me and my mates.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
At the moment the north stand (and others I have seen it) empties from the 40th minute and does not re-fill until the 50th minute of the game - that's 10 minutes + of crap atmosphere - the sole reason is the slow speed of service - how long before the team sense this dip and their play dips as well

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
- how long before the team sense this dip and their play dips as well

Do you really think the players notice a few fans nipping out early for a beer ?
Think they are a little pre occupied, if not they bloody well should be !

Last edited:

Bring back wagon wheels and a flask of tea

Or a Mars bar and a programme from the newsagent who used to be just across from the Goldstone Ground, and a decent hot dog from the van on the corner of Newtown Road (I think it was called that).

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Jesus. Are people really this alcohol and pie dependent?

You have a point about half time. Why bother putting yourself under the pressure of tying to buy and consume a pint in 15 minutes? Where's they enjoyment?

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Still far far to many people using cash too, I always use my smart card simple and quick to top up then just hand it over and 5 seconds later you've paid and they can move onto the next customer.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
You have a point about half time. Why bother putting yourself under the pressure of tying to buy and consume a pint in 15 minutes? Where's they enjoyment?

This. Can't be bothered with rushing at HT. Before the game (in the East) there really is little or no problem.

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
they'll improve. the staff have only been on 4 times remember. they'll get better, shift the dead wood onto jobs they can cope with and so on, work out if they need a few more bodies and all that. chill baby its all cool, you dig?

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
my friend who is an absolute moron (intelligence wise) is looking to apply for one of the catering jobs part time. If he gets a job then well i have little faith things will speed up

I arrive in WSL about 45 minutes before kick off and the shortest queue so far was at the Leeds game ( I waited 2/3 minutes for a pie and a pint). The speed of the service from the staff is variable but that can apply anywhere with young people working probably on or close to minimum wage. Never bother at half time because I know I will miss some of the game. A lot of fans missed the first CMS goal on Friday as a result. But it is about priorities - what are you there for - the football or the catering?

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Still far far to many people using cash too, I always use my smart card simple and quick to top up then just hand it over and 5 seconds later you've paid and they can move onto the next customer.

I think you've just hit the nail on the head. The ones causing the delays are those who pay by cash or credit card.

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
there's usually no queue for the harveys pump. i always get served straight away. to those queuing for ages for lager, try to grow some taste buds and get an ale.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I'm generally uber critical of pretty well anything sub standard but not on this occassion.

Yes there are improvements that could be made but generally I think the standard is fine.

Yes there are a few dimwits serving but what do you expect? Random and anti social hours, no regularity, shit place to get to and not exactly like working in a bar in town centre and what would they get paid for a 4 hour or so shift? Queues will happen and can't be helped unless a ridiculous number of staff. I do think more mobile beer points (those backpack pumps) would help though Can't expect them to put even more on ... glad I'm not in charge of recruitment and training. As for running out of pies well I guess they get variable demand for those too, won't always get it right.

If I were to grumble it would be about transport before grub and booze

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour

The trouble is the "mobile" sellers don't except the smart cards. I just want a beer as quickly as possible and don't care where I buy it. So it makes sense for me to pay by cash. Plus I don't trust the club or the catering staff using technology especially a new one (for them anyway) at that. There have been too many horror stories to change my opinion any time soon ([MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] getting charged twice when putting cash on the card (and the club being slack at sorting it out!) and only yesterday someone on here was saying they got charged for 4 pints when they only wanted 1).

Personally I think the catering is ok. Granted the beer is shit and the food I've had has been awful but it's like that at every ground. I think too many people have bought in to the bollocks the club spouted before the ground opened and are expecting the catering to be michelin star quality.

If you want a beer or some grub at half time leave 5 minutes before the end of the half and you'll get severed pretty quickly, sure you miss 5 minutes of the game but you have enough time to eat and drink and not miss any of the second half.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I've not had any problems in the WSL. Served quickly everytime ( and correctly ). That said I haven't attempted to buy anything at half time. No boycott from me I'm afraid.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here