Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

There is ONLY one way to improve catering standards at the AMEX.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
A coordinated boycott of all Azure facilities for one game. North, East, West, 1901.

Writing to Azure will achieve nothing.
Posting on Ask the Club will elicit little more than "I will pass on your comments."

The ONLY way to make Azure take notice would be if everybody boycotted their facilities for one game. Yes, realistically, its not going to happen, but it would be good if they sold nothing for one game. Say the Barnsley match.

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
really? for me only half time is manic for queue's. get there early have a drink and a pie, then after too. whats with the need for a boycott?

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
dont know mate, he doesnt say why. maybe he just wants to boycott for the sake of it lol, seriously really dont know

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
To be faced with 25 minute queue half an hour before KO to buy a pint is pretty poor in my view

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
In the North Stand, there's a bloke behind the tills who was being 'trained' at the Doncaster game, and still seemed to be struggling to work out what the hell was going on at last nights game. Took about 10 minutes for him to get two pies and two pints and sort out the change.

Maybe they need to send the catering staff on some kind of S.A.S style training exercise? Drop them all off in the woods and have random people jump out of hiding places and demanding burgers.

If they're too slow they get all their teeth pulled out with pliers and shot.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Oh what a perfect world we live in...................

Azure live in a pretty good one. Land a huge contract, don't bother to hire any experienced staff or train them properly, sell at inflated prices and make a large profit despite providing a piss-poor service.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Oh what a perfect world we live in...................

Seriously Tony, it is crap the service is so slow it sucks, what is it like where you are in the ground ?

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
They only sell pie, burger, hot dog.

and beer or soft drink.

Surely this many games in they would be slightly better. Last night i only had £16 left on my smart card but my bill came to £21.50. I swear to god it took her 8 minutes to work out how to use the remaining balance on the card, and then take about £5 difference in cash. Made me feel like a leper for holding up the queue, she must have felt like a pork pie in a synagogue, being so unpopular and useless. Basic training, that is all that is needed.

The quality of pie and beer is excellent.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Seriously Tony, it is crap the service is so slow it sucks, what is it like where you are in the ground ?

To be honest Pete i have little or no problems, our expectations are low and anything above that is a bonus, we are in WSL and have little or no complaints, and the odd issue we have had has been dealt with in a very professional manner.

Hope your well mate, meet up for a pint at the hull game?

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Azure live in a pretty good one. Land a huge contract, don't bother to hire any experienced staff or train them properly, sell at inflated prices and make a large profit despite providing a piss-poor service.

Maybe your expectations are high? it is a football ground, I have been going to football stadiums for more years than i care to remember, and not once can i think of a good food / drink experience, and I have been to most of the best stadiums........its football..........food / drink = not the best........but it's the individuals choice to buy or not to buy.........(I do appreciate the concerns though) :)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
To be honest Pete i have little or no problems, our expectations are low and anything above that is a bonus, we are in WSL and have little or no complaints, and the odd issue we have had has been dealt with in a very professional manner.

Hope your well mate, meet up for a pint at the hull game?

Probably going straight out after that game, are you on the road soon anywhere away ?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Boycotting the food outlets? Funny, they were great at the last game I went to (vs Blackpool) when i queued for about, ooh, less than five minutes in the WSU. Standards must either have plummeted dramatically since then or...good people, maybe at the least a slight sense of perspective?

Put it this way: I'd KILL for a pint of Harveys and one of the most gorgeous pies I've ever had in ANY context now, let alone at a game.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Not even bothered to try and get anything to eat or drink at the Amex. It's really not worth the hassle. After parking the car/ getting dropped off, I get a coffee at the club and carry it over to the ground.

Trying to get served is a joke, but so was withdean. Best I have ever been to was twickenham or the majesky when the rugby was on.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Its poor at half time and anything out of the norm seems to set them back 5 mins, but the people suffering the most are azure and the club who must be losing lots of sales and revenue by not turning the queue fast enough.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here