Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

There is a shooting in Cumbia going on now

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It seems to be middle-aged men who go on these shooting sprees.

I guess they get to a point in their lives where everything goes wrong
and they say "f*** it - I'm gonna kill myself but before I do I'm taking
a few with me"

They always end up killing themselves don't they

Middle aged Men or bullied Schoolkids ala Columbine. Elephant is an intelligent film on this subject.

franks brother

shoot.jpg:ohmy:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Apologies Gerbil if I upset you for any reason.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Apologies Gerbil if I upset you for any reason.

Jeez - thank heavens you're still here. You mentioned about wanting to move to the Lake District. I then heard about a middle-aged chap losing it massively today and put two and two together.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I think the inquest is a legal requirement isn't it?

And I know it sounds a bit anal, but they have to be able to work out an exact chain of events from an evidential perspective. The way someone falls, the nature, angle and type of entry/exit wounds all provide information relating to where someone was shot from, with which weapon, at what range, time and so on. They have to be certain nobody else was involved, that nothing else has gone on at the same time by some extraordinary coincidence.

Once that's all complete then they'll have the inquest, then maybe an enquiry, and then people will start saying that more could/should have been done to stop it etc etc and they'll use the evidence gathered to support or defeat that argument.

Plus relatives often want to know in painfully minute detail exactly what happened to their loved one, because it helps them make sense of it. Things like knowing whether someone would have suffered or not make a big difference.

I am sure you are right. But I would have thought after they has taken the photographs they could let the bodies be returned to the families. I watched that Five Daughters - and was surprised at how long the bodies were kept at the scene. That was understandable as they did not have the murderer - but this seems different.

Take the photos - then return the bodies to the families makes sense to me.

Anyway - it is just a thought. Let them do what they need to do.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Jeez - thank heavens you're still here. You mentioned about wanting to move to the Lake District. I then heard about a middle-aged chap losing it massively today and put two and two together.

:bigwave:. No need to worry anymore Darren. I am here old friend.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Investigations into what made a taxi driver embark on a rampage which left 12 people dead in Cumbria may centre on a family row, reports suggest.

Derrick Bird went on a shooting spree which began near Whitehaven and ended when he turned a gun on himself.

It is being reported he may have been involved in a dispute over a will, and police have confirmed solicitor Kevin Commons is among the dead.

Eleven people were injured as he drove around targeting victims.

Three of those hurt are still critically ill.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Whatever it was it was probably the final straw in a whole catelogue of things.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I agree but I don't think its as cut and dried as that. People are not born nutters, life turns them into nutters so it is important to see if there were opportunities or red flags along the line to detect this and for him and anyone else close to the edge getting help that is my point and as long as society does not see this these things will continue to happen.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Whatever it was it was probably the final straw in a whole catelogue of things.

Like you. i'm always interested to know what causes people to turn like this. I made a bit of a flippant comment about the programme Luther yesterday on here but ironically it is unfolding exactly like the last episode, a taxi driver who appears to be on the verge of losing everything he has just flicking a switch in his head. I'm not sure any of us can be sure how we'd react if everything we had was about to be lost.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
I agree but I don't think its as cut and dried as that. People are not born nutters, life turns them into nutters so it is important to see if there were opportunities or red flags along the line to detect this and for him and anyone else close to the edge getting help that is my point and as long as society does not see this these things will continue to happen.

:thumbsup:

This.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
There is another question here. Most people are capable of going head mental, given the right circumstances.
Why was a Taxi driver allowed to have a shotgun license and a rifle license. What on earth was the reason for the rifle license, which apparently had a scope. :shrug:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
So he killed his twin brother and his family soliticitor...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here