Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

There is a shooting in Cumbia going on now

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Thats not how it works. And it's not "lucky" at all, whatever your training, the decision to pull the trigger on a member of the public is one of the hardest you'll ever make. Trust me.

Logistically its a nightmare location to search as its such a rural location, with fewer people about, few cameras, lots of easy places to hide etc.

i was kidding edna i dont honestly think someone who gets to top a looney today is going to have six carefree months down the pub and in the garden, honest.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Indeed.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
i was kidding edna i dont honestly think someone who gets to top a looney today is going to have six carefree months down the pub and in the garden, honest.

:thumbsup: Amazing how many people think it's all a load of trigger happy twats who can't wait to pop the first suspect they see. That decision is never taken lightly, no matter what the gunman's relatives inevitably suggest afterwards.

Especially when people without a clue go "why couldn't they have just shot him in the hand?" :facepalm:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
1320 BST

The BBC understands that Derrick Bird is a taxi driver. A man who knows him says he is self-employed and he "wouldn't have expected him to do something like that".

You never get someone coming out and saying "He's a f***ing nutter, I'm not suprised at all" in these situations.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Sean King, landlord, The Boot Inn

Mr King's pub is in the village of Boot, where shooting suspect Derrick Bird has abandoned his car 500 yards from the inn.
"I got a phone call directly from the police saying they thought [the gunman] was heading up this way," said Mr King.
"Soon there were lots of police cars heading up the valley and helicopters too.
"We're a very small village so we all look after each other. We've got a lot of visitors.
"It's a lovely day and we're just pulling everybody in and giving them tea and coffee."

If I was there I guarantee I would want something a bit stronger!!

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
You never get someone coming out and saying "He's a f***ing nutter, I'm not suprised at all" in these situations.

Don't you? Read between the lines, and you'll hear pretty much that. Someone often comes out and says "he was a bit of a loner", "never really came out much", "the kids thought he was a bit of a weirdo".

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Well how do you know then ?:lolol:

Do you think it's an easy thing to do then?

To have the power of life and death over someone and a split second to make that call? Funnily enough, when training they don't actually shoot real people so 99% of armed police won't have had to decide at any given time, but it doesn't stop you wondering "what if" when you start your shift. No matter who the person on the other side is, it's somebody's life, somebody's son or daughter.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
:thumbsup: Amazing how many people think it's all a load of trigger happy twats who can't wait to pop the first suspect they see. That decision is never taken lightly, no matter what the gunman's relatives inevitably suggest afterwards.

Especially when people without a clue go "why couldn't they have just shot him in the hand?" :facepalm:

Thats when they are carrying chair legs.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK

:lolol: True. But they SHOULD.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here