Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

There is a Saints fan in my office giving it the big one after seeing my Brighton mug

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
Could have been a LOT less were it not for that stinking carve-up in 78.

Of course, there may actually be a chance to avenge that this year!

Imagine the scenario - we beat SCC on 23 April and then a week later Huddersfield need 3 points to secure 2nd place. We're already promoted, wouldn't it be a shame if we suddenly broke our unbeaten home record that weekend? :lol:

(although even better - Hudds just need a point to secure promotion, we're winning 1-0 and we let them walk the ball into the net in the 93rd minute!punk:)

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
What else can Atkins say? However, he is and always has been a disingenuous sod. I liked the 2 points av in our last ten games. That's true, but in the last six they have averaged 1.3 per game. So they've gone off the boil. Fact is they are not catching us up - but then neither is anyone else. He knows that second is defo up for grabs because they have games in hand. None of his interview is really about us - it's about Southampton and about second (automatic) promotion.

PS I Know how to spell his name.

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
According to Adkins we keep 'grinding' out results and he has to give us 'a bit of credit'. If scoring 12 goals in our last three games is grinding out results, I can't wait for us to hit top form!

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10280~2302451,00.html

Christ, what an arrogant gobshite Adkins is, he does like to talk doesn't he, he drones on and on and on, on their website its all about Adkins banging on and on about this that and the other. I wonder if he's ever heard of the word humility? Gus is simply different class to Adkins, he doesn't have ideas above his station, is realistic and doesn't appear to like the sound of his own voice.

Gustavo Poyet = Flair icon
Nigel Adkins = Fail icon

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Of course, there may actually be a chance to avenge that this year!

Imagine the scenario - we beat SCC on 23 April and then a week later Huddersfield need 3 points to secure 2nd place. We're already promoted, wouldn't it be a shame if we suddenly broke our unbeaten home record that weekend? :lol:

(although even better - Hudds just need a point to secure promotion, we're winning 1-0 and we let them walk the ball into the net in the 93rd minute!punk:)

I like your thinking. I hope we play the reserves against Huddersfield if that all works out. Nothing like a bit of revenge served COLD.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Really? Do you work in a big office that you don't know this guy previously? He never saw you drinking out of your BHA mug before? Something not right here, scuse me thinking out aloud.

Excused.

It's a fairly big office and I only started 5 weeks ago. My mug joined me about two weeks ago.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here