Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

There is a Saints fan in my office giving it the big one after seeing my Brighton mug

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
by the way its pretty pathetic other teams calling us scummers, scumhampton etc. Pompey call us that. There's only one blue cancer.

nah sounds better that way:
Scumhampton
Portscum
B'MUFF
Leyton BOREient

just names innit...stick and stones........sticks and stones..... :thumbsup:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
However his departure and subsequent appt of Adkins meant we had to start again defining a style of play

Hang on a sec - I thought the "Southampton Style (c)" had already been established by the chairman - he said as much in the summer. Surely it was just a case of Adkins coming in and continuing to implement the Southamptoin Style (c) from where Pardew left off ? What exactly IS the Southampton Style (c) ? Or does it change with the manager ?

I'm confused.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
my list is endless, here's some more:
Chrystal PalARSE
Spuds (Spurs)
Livershite
Evershite

Amazing. You should be proud of yourself for such amazing invention. Have you ever considered stand up ?

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
Hang on a sec - I thought the "Southampton Style (c)" had already been established by the chairman - he said as much in the summer. Surely it was just a case of Adkins coming in and continuing to implement the Southamptoin Style (c) from where Pardew left off ? What exactly IS the Southampton Style (c) ? Or does it change with the manager ?

I'm confused.

Do I really need to explain how when a manager comes in, he is usually given time before expecting results. That is all my point is.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Do I really need to explain how when a manager comes in, he is usually given time before expecting results. That is all my point is.

Well, of course. But I'm still a bit woolly on the concept of the Southampton Style to be honest. Your chairman was quite big on this last May, when he said:

"The Premier League remains our stated and primary objective. We are also committed to developing a style of play that is compelling to watch - a style that will ultimately become known as the 'Southampton style'. "

Presumably Adkins is charged with bringing about this Style, but can you see any signs of it yet ? What defines the Southampton Style from, say, Notts Countys ? Or Yeovils ? What does Southampton FC do differently to express this exclusive style ? Genuinely interested.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
If we go up and Southampton don't, it will be the first time we have been in the division above them for 51 YEARS

Could have been a LOT less were it not for that stinking carve-up in 78.

by the way its pretty pathetic other teams calling us scummers, scumhampton etc. Pompey call us that. There's only one blue cancer.

Ooh, get her.

"You're not allowed to call us that. Ner, ner, nerrrrrrrrr. You're not our rivals, nerrrr nerrr nerrrr".

Get over yourself, you drama queen. We'll call you what we bloody well like and if you don't like it you can always stop going on our forum.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Amazing. You should be proud of yourself for such amazing invention. Have you ever considered stand up ?

no but I did it once by accident in a pub once years ago and got a free pint from the landlady!

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Well, of course. But I'm still a bit woolly on the concept of the Southampton Style to be honest. Your chairman was quite big on this last May, when he said:

"The Premier League remains our stated and primary objective. We are also committed to developing a style of play that is compelling to watch - a style that will ultimately become known as the 'Southampton style'. "

Presumably Adkins is charged with bringing about this Style, but can you see any signs of it yet ? What defines the Southampton Style from, say, Notts Countys ? Or Yeovils ? What does Southampton FC do differently to express this exclusive style ? Genuinely interested.

I think the statue of Ted Bates was done in the 'Southampton style'.

imgres

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
No coz as you'll see when referring to other threads, I only ever defend us against your endless supply of anti-Saints threads (like this one) rather than critisising Albion unprovoked.

It's pretty obvious that this guy is a tool. This is hardly the time to be harping on about Saints being above Brighton. Not right now anyway. The fact is that Brighton look pretty good to win this league but for me 2nd best looks there for the taking. Udders and BMuff keep drawing (and at home too) and were not that much better. I do however feel that by next Wed we'll be in touching distance of 2nd and with games in hand.

If Brighton do go up easily and we sneak in second, who cares. Promotion is the name of the game. And if that should happen I do honestly believe we'll fair better than you in the NPC. Then this guy can come back to you.

What a broken record you are. You said this already this season. If you don't finish aove us next yr if we are both in the same lg are you going to predict that the season after you'll finish above us too and then keep saying it until you finally hit the nail on the head and get it right?!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
What a knob. Banging on about SCC and how great they are and how 'lucky' Brighton are to be top and that we've spent 'serious' money. This f***ed me off quite a bit so I reminded him we've been literally GLUED to the top for MONTHS on end without so much as a decent challenge from anyone, let alone Saints. I also pointed out their wage bill was laughable when you compare it with ours. I said the only 'serious' money we've spent has been on securing our long term future, not on the playing side.

I'll spare the details, suffice to say I let him say his piece before reminding him we're 10 points above them in the league. I repeated '10 points' 'Top' 'Ten points' 'Top' continuously and it got him proper riled up.

:smokin:

What is with this 'lucky'/'Big spending' crap? Where does it come from?!!

Really? Do you work in a big office that you don't know this guy previously? He never saw you drinking out of your BHA mug before? Something not right here, scuse me thinking out aloud.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here