Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

There is a Saints fan in my office giving it the big one after seeing my Brighton mug

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
What a knob. Banging on about SCC and how great they are and how 'lucky' Brighton are to be top and that we've spent 'serious' money. This f***ed me off quite a bit so I reminded him we've been literally GLUED to the top for MONTHS on end without so much as a decent challenge from anyone, let alone Saints. I also pointed out their wage bill was laughable when you compare it with ours. I said the only 'serious' money we've spent has been on securing our long term future, not on the playing side.

I'll spare the details, suffice to say I let him say his piece before reminding him we're 10 points above them in the league. I repeated '10 points' 'Top' 'Ten points' 'Top' continuously and it got him proper riled up.

:smokin:

What is with this 'lucky'/'Big spending' crap? Where does it come from?!!

Last edited:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Envy in its purest form.

And stupidity. Stupidity at believing that because you're top, you're lucky, or big-spending.

Envy and stupidity.

And ignorance. Ignorant of what is going on around him.

Envy, stupidity and ignorance.

And malice... etc.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
We are big spenders , Tony has just bought us a brand new spanking stadium for just under £100M. :yahoo:

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Envy in its purest form.

And stupidity. Stupidity at believing that because you're top, you're lucky, or big-spending.

Envy and stupidity.

And ignorance. Ignorant of what is going on around him.

Envy, stupidity and ignorance.

And malice... etc.

Hang on I'll come in again. :lolol:

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I'll spare the details, suffice to say I let him say his piece before reminding him we're 10 points about them in the league. I repeated '10 points' 'Top' 'Ten points' 'Top' continuously and it got him proper riled up.

Good effort!!

:thumbsup:

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
Apparently, it's all to do with Gus. Solely, uniquely, exclusively Gus.

In fact, if he alone just turned up and sat on the bench with his arms folded we would win every time.

It's just Gus.

That's what they're saying on their website anyway.

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
Tell him that as Brighton, Portsmouth, and Bournemouth are all above them at the moment, the Stains are the WORST placed club on the South Coast.

Despite their massive wage bill, obviously, (and the pie bill for Fatty Lambert).

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
Interesting as I have a Saints fan working in the office just down the corridor from mine and it alright really...We often see each other at the kitchen/tea-point and enjoy a little football chat and sometimes a bit of banter, which is all good stuff.

Their website however is pretty amusing...Some posters are ok and some are delusional but one thing I have noticed is that they bicker constantly. It can make for some entertaining reading at times...

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Rustington BHA

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Their website however is pretty amusing...Some posters are ok and some are delusional but one thing I have noticed is that they bicker constantly. It can make for some entertaining reading at times...

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Rustington BHA

Sounds familiar!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Apparently, it's all to do with Gus. Solely, uniquely, exclusively Gus.

In fact, if he alone just turned up and sat on the bench with his arms folded we would win every time.

It's just Gus.

That's what they're saying on their website anyway.

Not far wrong, IMO.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
What a knob. Banging on about SCC and how great they are and how 'lucky' Brighton are to be top and that we've spent 'serious' money. This f***ed me off quite a bit so I reminded him we've been literally GLUED to the top for MONTHS on end without so much as a decent challenge from anyone, let alone Saints. I also pointed out their wage bill was laughable when you compare it with ours. I said the only 'serious' money we've spent has been on securing our long term future, not on the playing side.

I'll spare the details, suffice to say I let him say his piece before reminding him we're 10 points above them in the league. I repeated '10 points' 'Top' 'Ten points' 'Top' continuously and it got him proper riled up.

:smokin:

What is with this 'lucky'/'Big spending' crap? Where does it come from?!!

Is it Redneb?

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
tell him that Fonte earns more than our back four combined (allegedly) and that we have the best defence in the division.
and ask him if he thinks they will win the play offs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here