Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Them bloody trumpets

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Personally I am not a fan, although won't start new threads to say it.

However can one of the Vuvuzela "lovers" please explain to me what is to like about it? I can understand people not being bothered in the slightest by them, but I am puzzled as to how someone watching on TV over here can actually LIKE them...

Or have I missed the joke?

Buy one, learn to play, you'll love it, I can already do GOSBTS Brrrr brrrr brrrr brrrr brrrr...

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
if all the two pounds that have gone on these went to hungry kids in africa.....sigh...

plastic too.........sad idiots.

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
It would have been wiser to put all the vuvuzelas in one stand so that everyone could be given the opportunity to enjoy the atmosphere in their own way, it would also make it easier to mix the sound levels to compensate for the racket they cause & raise the level of singing/chanting even though there hasn't been a lot to get excited enough to cheer about yet. It will get better as the tournament goes on I imagine but if they just put all those vuvuzelas in one stand it would make a lot of people a lot happier. As for it being in Africa I think that is only fair but I cannot wait for Brazil 2014 because that is going to be the best World Cup ever & I will be there.

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
The constant drone is nothing new. The vuvuzelas have been used by crowds at African games for ages. Yes it's constant & a pain in the arse (or ears) but its part of African football crowd culture. As the World Cup is being played in Africa we should respect their traditions & suck it up. :shrug:

I can remember the European games of the 70s & 80s when all you could here was the whine of klaxons for ninety minutes. There wasn't all the :tantrum: & :flounce: debate & complaints then. Whats the difference?

footychick

Nicola
Dec 8, 2005
Soham, United Kingdom
26667405485042411178928.jpg

OMG :lolol: hilarious!

footychick

Nicola
Dec 8, 2005
Soham, United Kingdom
Personally I am not a fan, although won't start new threads to say it.

However can one of the Vuvuzela "lovers" please explain to me what is to like about it? I can understand people not being bothered in the slightest by them, but I am puzzled as to how someone watching on TV over here can actually LIKE them...

Or have I missed the joke?

I don't know why I like them, I just do.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
to the "they are ok" gang:

what does this add to atmosphere? especially when the atmosphere created is the same no matter what in the game is happening. it is killing the game, and making for an awful spectacle.

how is it tradition to buy plastic? how does it support a team when both sets of players know no difference - just noise.

its gotta go.

but i see UK supermarkets are selling thousands to the sheep that will follow just about anything.

Oh well :wave:

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I don't like it either to be honest, wonder if I turn the sound down on the tele if there are any radio stations reporting from "behind closed doors" so to speak.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Manbags are so 2009. This year's fashionista must-have:*

Vuvuzela_2D00_bag.jpg

*Coke not included

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Its a shame. The roar of the crowd is what creates the atmosphere, especially at a World Cup when someone scores and all you hear is the deep, spontaneous, gutteral roar of tens of thousands of voices suddenly going

"GGGGOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLL"

This World Cup, all we get is "PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRP". Which is all we've f***ing heard ever since the gates opened anyway.

Those things have utterly screwed the whole atmosphere.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
I understand that's it part of African football culture but I also believe there is more to the World Cup than simply representing South Africa. If it came to England you would probably find English people bringing their own style of atmosphere to the matches (waiting for snarky comment about hooliganism or H Block mongs), but that wouldn't be to the detriment of every other set of fans from the entire world. I just can't understand how a tuneless drone for 90 minutes is preferable to reaction to the match and unique support from different countries. And I also don't believe anyone actually likes them, I agree with another that it's simply an attempt to be 'different'.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
am i the only one who remembers the "mexican wave" actually starting in the Los Angeles Olympics in 1984

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Whatever you might think of these, they are nowhere nearly as irritating as the mexican wave. Mexico 86 has a lot to answer for.

Bollocks. The act of a Mexican wave might be more annoying than the single act of blowing a horn but you can't seriously be suggesting that the Mexican wave affects the atmosphere in the way the vuvuzelas do?!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here