Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Theft during 2nd Half at Cardiff

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Excuse me please, but if this happened clear as day 2 seats from you, why didn't you at the very least tell the guy who's coat got nicked? Or am i missing something.

I did. I started the thread just to see whether he got it back or not after they legged it downstairs to catch him.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
What was the nick name on the shirt?

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
you have to be a first class wanker to a) steal a fellow supporters coat, and b) do it wearing a personalized shirt!!

Perhaps he'd already nicked the shirt to implicate someone else?

Hope he gets caught / banned. I really can't believe this could have happened :nono:

southern_sid

Banned
Aug 5, 2011
Anyone wanna buy a new coat.

Second hand, nice enough.

£40 delivered.punk:

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Very reluctant to start a witch hunt (sole intention of the thread was just to see if he got it back as I didn't know the guy), but if it turns out it was a genuine theft and he wasn't caught I will be more than happy to out him.

Surport Local Team

Jan 5, 2011
1) What a complete tosser to knick another fans jacket. Also if he left with 20 Min's to go, he paid for ticket went all the way up there to miss a quarter of the game, for a second hand jacket. he could have not paid £30 for ticket not paid the transport up their (£20 say). gone to a second hand shop bought a jacket for £50 and not broken the law. not very bright.

2) it could not have been for the jacket only, he must have believed there was something worth nicking in the jacket. ie phone, wallet etc. Just goes to remind everyone to keep personal belongs on u at all times IE in Ur trouser pocket not coat pocket if putting Ur coat down.

3) i think he will be caught though as CCTV, shirt with id on etc. therefore it is important we do not respond with a witch hunt as Innocent people can get accused of things. however i do encourage anyone to report to police any info they may have. also i sure all decent folk would be more than willing to help identify, if the police released any details on the chap.

once again what a knob and i for one want the guilty person banned from all brighton matches for life!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Was it pinched? My wife's coat was mistakenly taken from our house by someone a while back. They returned it promptly when the error was spotted though.

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
Is there any CCTV from the Northstand in the late 70's? One of you bastards nicked my scarf during 'You'll never walk alone'.

I haven't forgiven.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Was it pinched? My wife's coat was mistakenly taken from our house by someone a while back. They returned it promptly when the error was spotted though.

Was thinking the same. A football match is a very odd place to go to nick a coat, particularly from amongst your own fans and in an environment known for police presence and CCTV. Moreover a coat is an odd thing to nick. If someone was after a wallet in a pocket, the chances are they'd dump the coat as soon as they found (or didn't find) anything inside. Which makes me think it could have been taken by mistake?

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
It was pretty obvious. The chap infront put his jacket down at the start of the 2nd half, and the guy who nicked it turned up 5 mins later without a jacket. If it was his jacket in the first place he wouldn't need to be so sneaky in taking it. This happened 2 seats to the left of me, and was clear as day.

Bad things happen when good men keep quiet!

Is there any CCTV from the Northstand in the late 70's? One of you bastards nicked my scarf during 'You'll never walk alone'.

I haven't forgiven.

some wont believe we used to do You'll Never Walk Alone, anyway if it's the one thats silk on one side and blue n white striped longways on the other you'll get it back when I get the Doc Martin I lost during a goal celebration when we beat Millwall 3-2

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here