Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The X Factor RIP......

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Overall, it's even more dross than usual - but that doesn't matter for Cowell, all he needs is one, or preferably two or three a series, to sell lots of records. And he'll get that, again, because the willingness of the teenage British public to part with their pocket money on such bollocks can never be overstated. Cher, Matt Cardle, Aiden, even Treyc (or whatever her name is)...they will all sell records. We could even be in the situation this year of a live show download being No1 well before the final. Sad but true.

Cowell doesn't need to sell a load of records on the back of the x factor, he makes most of his cash from the millions of people who phone vote every week. I'd guess that the money made from sales of last year's winner is insignificant in comparison to the money made from the 10s of millions who phoned in to vote for (and against) Jedward.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I would sooner cut my knackers off with a rusty blunt saw than watch that shite.

Well you're in a minority, it's compulsive viewing in our house and what TV ratings does it get 15 million or so??

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Well you're in a minority, it's compulsive viewing in our house and what TV ratings does it get 15 million or so??

There are 60-odd million people in this country. The MAJORITY of them do not watch X-Factor.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
There are 60-odd million people in this country. The MAJORITY of them do not watch X-Factor.

That only takes into account people watching at home, what about the people watching in the pubs and clubs of the country?? Then you've got all the people who will be out doing things on a Saturday evening unable to watch, of the potential captive audience of opeople at home I would say the majority do watch it.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I don't get this hatred. If you don't like it here is a simple solution. DO NOT f***ing WATCH IT !. Watch something else more intellecturally challenging or do a crossword. What is offensive is this superior mentality where anyone who likes it is made to feel like an utter worthless piece of shit. f***ing GET OVER YOURSELVES.

DID I MAKE MYSELF CLEAR ?.

manilaseagull

Used to be Swindonseagull
That only takes into account people watching at home, what about the people watching in the pubs and clubs of the country?? Then you've got all the people who will be out doing things on a Saturday evening unable to watch, of the potential captive audience of opeople at home I would say the majority do watch it.

who goes to the pub to watch x-factor?

do one clown....

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I don't get this hatred. If you don't like it here is a simple solution. DO NOT f***ing WATCH IT !. Watch something else more intellecturally challenging or do a crossword. What is offensive is this superior mentality where anyone who likes it is made to feel like an utter worthless piece of shit. f***ing GET OVER YOURSELVES.

DID I MAKE MYSELF CLEAR ?.

Come on US, you know the way it works on this one. One the one side, it's just harmless Saturday evening's family entertainment (and after a day's work on a Saturday, I watch it sometimes). On the other side, Cowell is a force for evil making all kids just want to be famous above all else, and promoting the antithesis of real musical talent, ie playing instruments as well as writing/performing your own stuff. That debate is here to stay.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
who goes to the pub to watch x-factor?

do one clown....

Well I know the Volley has had it on when I've popped in before on a Saturday evening, and I bet there are many other such establishments up and down the country.

:tosser:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
That crap boyband, not the young pretty boys and that Italian Knob.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I think we need to start a campaign to get Wagner to win.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here