Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The worst violence you have witnessed at a Brighton game ?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Walsall were the worst (dirtiest) side that came down to the Goldstone in the early seventies. All their players should have been sent off. Allegedly, the last minute equaliser is when their keeper was punched in the face and then Dawson bunded the keeper with the ball over the line, and then he would still not let go of it so Duffy kicked it out of his hands for the last minute equaliser. Allegedly, I missed it (I was looking the other way) in the last minute. This is the FA Cup.

gibbo414

Oct 8, 2004
Chelsea '83 /Norwich last game of season wanted our blood just because we knocked the out of the cup that year.
Oldham away 84 after the game Brighton fan put through shop window down the high street
Barnsley 84 away got split up from 3mates after the game and we all got a beating on route back to station (one mate was running down the track to get away from them)
Palace many years
Birmingham v Leeds 85 last game of season was the worst Carnage I have ever been in.

Jan 30, 2008
Walsall were the worst (dirtiest) side that came down to the Goldstone in the early seventies. All their players should have been sent off. Allegedly, the last minute equaliser is when their keeper was punched in the face and then Dawson bunded the keeper with the ball over the line, and then he would still not let go of it so Duffy kicked it out of his hands for the last minute equaliser. Allegedly, I missed it (I was looking the other way) in the last minute. This is the FA Cup.
:shrug:

Jan 30, 2008
Chelsea '83 /Norwich last game of season wanted our blood just because we knocked the out of the cup that year.
Oldham away 84 after the game Brighton fan put through shop window down the high street
Barnsley 84 away got split up from 3mates after the game and we all got a beating on route back to station (one mate was running down the track to get away from them)
Palace many years
Birmingham v Leeds 85 last game of season was the worst Carnage I have ever been in.
were you in the seats at Barnsley?, heard the ones that were got battered when they got outside, oldham, wasn't that after they turned up at a pub after the game . cold wet day if i remember, nothing new there .

Last edited:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
not firm on firm but the cup game at Watford where the OB got stuck in before and during the game :nono:

That's the only match from which I have been ejected by the OB, who somewhat unwisely, just gave me a kick up the arse, and I went back to the turnstiles and paid to get in again.

Joe Nobody

Dec 27, 2008
Hove
Most violent = West Ham at a Service Station in the late 70's because they had weapons. Most intimidating = Spurs away in 78. Most charging about = Bury away 77ish. Many games were called off. Bolton, Man City and Hastings Cockney Reds turned up and you could walk round the ground. Hastings joined Brighton and chased Bury out of the stand.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Most violent = West Ham at a Service Station in the late 70's because they had weapons. Most intimidating = Spurs away in 78. Most charging about = Bury away 77ish. Many games were called off. Bolton, Man City and Hastings Cockney Reds turned up and you could walk round the ground. Hastings joined Brighton and chased Bury out of the stand.

Scratchwood Services? On the way to Chesterfield. 3 coaches from Mid Sussex area? Remember it well. Especially the weapons!!!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I had a knofe pulled on me at Palace, but that was nothing to do with football. Might have something to do with south London. Ruined my coat.

bury away classic 20 from the heath 10 from the bosun walked straight into the middle of the home end:facepalm:

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
Birmingham Home mid-80's (pretty sure it was Birmingham or may have been Leeds)
Worse violence I have witnessed within a ground (not seen anything like it since actually in a ground)
Was not even a teenager at the time and didn't know who was who
But people were getting battered at the bottom of the East Stand where I was standing
People getting headbutted and heads being bashed against the railings/hoardings down there
Constant running battles after the game on the pitch, people getting serious kickings
Old man wouldn't take me to games after that but I went anyway as it was my greatest love to watch Brighton
Reason I think it was Birmingham was the first time saw nutty black football fans at a game

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
who took the axe in the back? lucky it was the blunt side,happy days,highway was a bloomin hero that day:hilton:

He certainly was. Can't remember the other guys name? Jolley? Fortunalely it wasn't the sharp side or we would probably be looking at a murder charge. Wouldn't exactly call it happy days...........

He certainly was. Can't remember the other guys name? Jolley? Fortunalely it wasn't the sharp side or we would probably be looking at a murder charge. Wouldn't exactly call it happy days...........

cant see the old plod letting three coaches travel to chesterfield and back minus back windows,recall albion cars chucking goodies through the hole to us on the way home!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here