Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The "will he/won't he Noone to Cardiff" thread

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Surprised that so many rate Lua Lua ahead of Noone. For the first 3 months of the season he was as good as anyone in the team, a constant menace to every opposition fullback in the Championship.

The fact that Cardiff are prepared to bid between £750k-1000k depending on reports would also suggest his rated higher than Lua Lua as he wouldn't command a fee anywhere near that amount at present for the following reasons:-

a) Injury/fitness record
b) If pitted against a quality quick full back he is far too easy to nullify.

If Noone can improve his final ball, which is far from poor already he could quite possibly play Premiership, I don't believe Lua Lua has the guile and inventiveness to play at the top level against the very best.

CAPTAIN GREALISH

Jan 6, 2010
Surprised that so many rate Lua Lua ahead of Noone. For the first 3 months of the season he was as good as anyone in the team, a constant menace to every opposition fullback in the Championship.

The fact that Cardiff are prepared to bid between £750k-1000k depending on reports would also suggest his rated higher than Lua Lua as he wouldn't command a fee anywhere near that amount at present for the following reasons:-

a) Injury/fitness record

If Noone can improve his final ball, which is far from poor already he could quite possibly play Premiership, I don't believe Lua Lua has the guile and inventiveness to play at the top level against the very best.
good post just about sums it up 4 me

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I am 2nd guessing here but to bring a good striker in means someone has to go so whether Noone or Hoskins not really sure.

I think the emphasis is to get the best out of CMS which was our biggest ever investment and Barnes is not quite there at this level, Barn door Billy was well (you know what) therefore hopefully Vokes is the answer.

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton

a) Injury/fitness record

Problem is Noone's final ball is poor.

Lua Lua will get crosses in, shoot straight , and is a bit special from free kicks. All of which Noone can't do

Codner pharmaceuticals

Jun 17, 2009
Border Country
Much as I love Noone the person if it is a choice of around 1m in and keeping Hoskins then I know which I'd go for. Will can play wide and score goals. I think the puzzle will come together next week and we will see Gus's vision for the rest of the season.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Problem is Noone's final ball is poor.

Lua Lua will get crosses in, shoot straight , and is a bit special from free kicks. All of which Noone can't do

has the potential to do that but hasn't done much of it this season (allowing of course for his injuries of course) ....bit suspect temperament wise imho...Noone a tad more mature...Noone over Lua Lua for me .....as an aside its interesting to c how opinion over buckley has changed he was referred to sick note by some posters (not me) in the season now he's best thing since sliced bread...how times change

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Much as I love Noone the person if it is a choice of around 1m in and keeping Hoskins then I know which I'd go for. Will can play wide and score goals. I think the puzzle will come together next week and we will see Gus's vision for the rest of the season.

and of course no one has said that there is a choice...b nice to get a big team in the next round toad funds to our transfer ''in'' budget

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
We have to be realistic. If Gus wants to go 4-4-2 then realistically it will be CMS and Vokes up front, and often one but sometimes two from Buckley, Noone, KLL and Hoskins, all of whom could expect a regular game at this level.

I love watching Nooney, but at the price quoted it is a good deal for the club, and a chance for him to get regular football as CCFC definitely need pace and width. He is good, but he isn't Elliott Bennett is he?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
We have to be realistic. If Gus wants to go 4-4-2 then realistically it will be CMS and Vokes up front, and often one but sometimes two from Buckley, Noone, KLL and Hoskins, all of whom could expect a regular game at this level.

I love watching Nooney, but at the price quoted it is a good deal for the club, and a chance for him to get regular football as CCFC definitely need pace and width. He is good, but he isn't Elliott Bennett is he?
Completely agree. I was initially a bit saddened by this move as he's an exciting player to watch and a nice bloke who has clearly enjoyed being here, but I'm not sure we can justify keeping him here unless he is a regular starter. Of our wide players, Buckley is nailed on obviously, and while Lua Lua has less about his game, the simple fact is that even when he has a poor game he *still* creates one or two chances by simply getting wide, getting half a yard on the full back and whipping in real goalscoring chances. Noone simply doesn't do that, and I think that maybe what Gus is looking for.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here