Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The "will he/won't he Noone to Cardiff" thread

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Bluebird99 wrote:
I'm just gonna keep giving them little digs. They seem to bite at the smallest of things so gonna keep it up.

"You need to tell them that Brighton have accepted our offer and we are down to haggling over wages."

Bluebirds response ?

"I have."

Nice little wind up Bluebird, well done you.

This was a response to a post earlier in the evening from someone suggesting it was a done deal...peoples replies indicating poster is somebody in the know.

Last edited:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
From the Cardiff forum it seems their most reliable source is saying deal agreed but personal terms still to be settled, i.e. Noone holding out for more money, talks to continue tomorrow.

Bluebird99 is merely reporting this, partly as what he knows from their board, partly to wind us up. We'll see which way this goes tomorrow or the next few days I suppose.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Good luck to Nooney if he goes, dont think we'd miss him as much as some make out! He was exciting at the start of the season but that was mostly because Buckley and KLL are out of the site, now KLL is coming back and Buckley is full of confidence, I think he's one player we could lose if it helps to better ourselves in another position. He does bring something different with his mazey runs but his final delivery is often lacking. If it brings Vokes in or a full back like Reyes then good business!

Money talks but I also wouldn't be THAT surprised to see Noone turn down Cardiff, he'll have a lot of respect for Poyet being the one that brought him on from Plymouth, and he also loves it here. Also, do Plymouth have a sell on? I have a feeling they do, might help them out is so!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
From their board.

" TODAY'S DEAL LATEST NEWS "
by carlccfc » Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:14 pm

The club believed that late this afternoon that a deal was done on one of the targets but I have just been told that no deal will be completed tonight. We were that close today that preparations to announce the deal being agreed were being planned.

The deal is not dead but a game of hardball is being played and talks will resume tomorrow.

There are other irons in the fire and I am very confident that we will have one in before the Southampton game and at least one more, a striker ( which gives you a hint on the other one ) in by the time the transfer window closes.

I am disappointed but not as much as Malky is that one has not been done today but those who have been waiting patiently this afternoon, go out and have your Saturdsy night pint or two safe in the knowledge we are very close to doing a deal and we are trying hard to bring in at least another one.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=69559

NEATH BLUES

My Daughter was the first ever mascot at Cardiff City Stadium --->

carlccfc

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
According to Poyet no deal has been accepted although they are expecting a new bid, and no bid was ever accepted for Hoskins

Albion boss Gus Poyet is ready for renewed interest from Cardiff in Craig Noone.

Reports from Wales suggest Cardiff will up their offer for Noone after the Seagulls rejected their £450,000 bid earlier this month.

Poyet told The Argus: "We are ready, because we have been dealing with it for two weeks already. Everybody knows where we stand.

"What we say is everyone has got a price but it has to be a very good price."

Poyet has also confirmed Bournemouth tried to buy Will Hoskins. "They made an offer and we turned it down, nothing else," he said. "We are not keen to sell anyone."

See Monday's Argus for all the transfer latest, comprehensive coverage of the Newcastle win, details of the FA Cup fifth round draw and who is fit and who is not for Tuesday's trip to Crystal Palace.

Poyet prepared for fresh Noone bid From The Argus)

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
Like many I heard at the game that a deal was done - £1.25m and he doubles his wages. If that;s the case I have to say its a good deal for us and Nooney. I loved his performances earlier in the season but his final ball/finishing fell some way short of the mazy runs that led up to them so "in gus we trust".

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
imagesCAT059KQ.jpg
I'd never trust a man with eyebrows like that. And the early days of Britpop called. They said they wanted their haircut back...

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Like many I heard at the game that a deal was done - £1.25m and he doubles his wages. If that;s the case I have to say its a good deal for us and Nooney. I loved his performances earlier in the season but his final ball/finishing fell some way short of the mazy runs that led up to them so "in gus we trust".

only needs one person to talk to one other person and a rumour is spread...as far as i can c no deal has been done.....simples...next

Rubbish. Noone has something neither of them has. They're all different, I think that diversity is imperative in a squad. The loss of Noone will be a real shame, but to me would suggest that Vicente actually has something to offer. I said when we signed Vicente that we would need to lose one of our wingers to get the best out of him.

Then why wasn't Vicente on the bench? Are we saving him for something more special than Prem opposition now?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Business is business and we have three wingers but CMS needs a good partner up front, I can see Noone go if it means Vokes on loan to become a summer signing

tubaman

Nov 2, 2009
I'm not going to start knocking Noone if the transfer goes ahead. He will be missed but I am sure the team will cope. Good luck to him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here