Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The "will he/won't he Noone to Cardiff" thread

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Whilst I agree Noone was one of our more exciting players in first quarter of the season his form dipped before his injury and wouldn't get in the side at the moment.

Don't want him to go, but trebling our money in 12 months for a player who can be as frustrating as he can be brilliant isn't a bad deal.

Would much rather he stayed, but if we get a good price for a player who wants to leave then so be it

I will go against the grain here and say if we get anything approaching £1m for Noone we will have done well,if the player is happy to go to a good Cardiff sqaud so be it,do we need to sell? perhaps not but does Craig have potential or has he reached his level,however good he may be,what of his injury?perhaps nothing,could we do better,well of course,but should we sell? if we sell,we sell for a reason,i am one for keeping players,but unhappy players must be let go,however in this instance is Craig unhappy?perhaps not,is his wife/partner happy and settled? this can often be a reason for a player to make a move......so many factors,we must move on and i trust Gus to find a replacement.

If Craig remains at Brighton,it's still a win win situation.....we will recoup upto 3 times our outlay......the Gus bus rolls forward..

Fair enough. Sportsmans bet that both KLL and Buckley are playing at a higher level than Noone in 5 seasons time?
Beating a player is fine, but you have to actually do something with the ball.
EDIT. I don't for one second think Nooney is crap, i just think we have other, better options and perhaps he doesn't fit in with Poyets style of play quite as much as we'd like.
People think we have an endless amount of money, and maybe we do, but anyone would be mad to turn down close to a mil for a guy likely to be on the bench more than starting.

Unfortunately, our opinions on Noone himself differ, but our opinion overall is exactly the same. It would be good business, considering the squad we have available and the players we want to bring in, it would make sense. It's just a shame, I think he's our most exciting player by quite some way.

voices of reason

Aug 10, 2011
Did anyone not see noone today before the match started, he was talking to people on the touchline for 10mins so I guess he was watching the match with his Brighton training stuff on

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Don't leave me, Nooney. :down:

I would prefer Vicente leaving than Noone. Much as I love the Spanish Flairlord, his arrival unbalanced the squad and upset the momentum. All of a sudden LuaLua and Noone had a 40-cap Spanish International in front of them in their preferred position.. as if the other wasn't bad enough!

If Noone does leave, I will always consider his departure the legacy of the signing of Vicente. Unreasonable? Perhaps, but that's how I see it.

D

Deleted member 18477

wind up or not. if noone actually wants to go let him. i'd rather not have players that dont want to play for the albion! as much as i love nooney we didnt miss him today. he's nowhere near as direct as buckley which makes him less dangerous. lualua is also a lot more direct! (direct meaning they go forward whenever they can and create chances or score more or less 5 times out of 10!)

look at all players i consider direct... messi, c.ronaldo, van persie, demba ba, bellamy, y.toure, gerrard, bent, bale... lambert, buckley, lualua! direct players simply dont grow on trees.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Will this help Plymouth out (add on clauses)?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I thought this board was a bit better than that. No need for the abuse, he's just passing on what he's heard.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Don't leave me, Nooney. :down:

I would prefer Vicente leaving than Noone. Much as I love the Spanish Flairlord, his arrival unbalanced the squad and upset the momentum. All of a sudden LuaLua and Noone had a 40-cap Spanish International in front of them in their preferred position.. as if the other wasn't bad enough!

If Noone does leave, I will always consider his departure the legacy of the signing of Vicente. Unreasonable? Perhaps, but that's how I see it.

A little unreasonable as Gus has stated several times he bought Vicente to play centrally

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
A little unreasonable as Gus has stated several times he bought Vicente to play centrally

That was the dream but never the reality in my opinion. Would we ever have seen a really attacking line up with Vicente plus one other winger? I highly doubt it, not with the negative and defensive tactics we employ. We play to control the game, not to open it up. Even if Vicente had been fit, I doubt we'd ever have seen Vicente, Noone and LuaLua in one team playing off CMS. It would have been an absolute dream, but no.

macky

Dec 28, 2004
No, Go back andnread the Tweets, I said he WASN'T in Cardiff

Sorry my bad But surely if they are ironing out the fine details and He's going to be signing tommorow
Why the f*** would he drive baack here today

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
If it was The Laughing Bluebird coming out with this on the promise of banning him if it was untrue - I'd definitely believe it.

As it's someone who has just joined and wouldn't give a monkey's if he was banned anyway, I'm less inclined to be convinced. I really have no idea whether it's a wind up or true. I'll wait and see.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here