Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The "will he/won't he Noone to Cardiff" thread

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
I would be delighted to recoup £950k if that is correct, a good bit of business anda handsome profit on our original investment.
I do not know how old you are BG but 950K aint what it was when you retired, Noone is worth 2.5 to 3 million to us , there for that should be the asking price.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
As said in the other thread, if we get a million for him that's a good return for a years work, and if we reinvest it to improve the squad good business- will be sad to see him go but we move on.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I very much hope that he is going nowhere. If you have got him for 950K I think that is a bargain for you. For us - we will miss him very much, but we have 3 good wingers and tend to only play one at a time, so I guess that is why he may be allowed to go (if this is true).

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
If he goes good luck to him. Has had some great games in a relatively short period of time, seems a nice chap and I would imagine is good to have around the changing room.

Excellent balance, happy on either wing, can put in a good ball but it is only about 3 in 10. He could also do with getting his head up a bit more, but there is no doubt he will be a loss to us and I am sorry to see him go.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Fair play there's a lot of bitter muppets on here que - sheep shagger Taff etc ha!!!

Anyway for those of you who answered appropriately thanks, assuming from your comments you'll be disappointed to see him leave
Which can only be a good thing for us! What we lack is a player who can beat a man on the wing is he this type of player?

When Watford played us last year Buckley took the piss and I was hoping we'd sign him!

Based on your performance on Tuesday i'd say you need to practice shooting,all joking aside if you get Craig and another winger i can see you getting promotion,your squad is not far away

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Exactly,nailed it.I will be gutted if Noone goes,he is a fearless player and can easily play in the prem as he showed against Sunderland and Liverpool.It will be a big mistake to sell him for this price and all the ones saying it is good business have got short memories.

I think Bens Grandad has got Alzheimer`s

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
What is all this crap noone has no end product? People are just copying what others say

Good points well made.

People are just copying what others say about Noone when they say he has no end product. I honestly don't know what's got into 'em. Maybe it's Groundhog Day again? ???

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
He does have an end product, but is not consistent enough with it. About 30% of the time I would say. However, I still think he is a better option than Lua-Lua.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Regardless of his current end product I would rather he stayed and improved under Gus's tuition!

I reckon that he must be a great bloke to have around the training pitch as well.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
......And will be signed, sealed and delivered tomorrow to Cardiff City as soon as they sort out one "minor" issue with personal terms. This deal was due to be announced earlier but for this small issue. The club are 99.9% certain that will be sorted out very quickly and will announce the signing tomorrow afternoon at the latest.

If Craig Noone doesn't join Cardiff, you have permission to ban me from this board for life.

Welcome to Cardiff Craig! We'll look after him!

Given that you showed on Tuesday that you're
a) woefully short of pace and
b) very "narrow"
this would make perfect sense.
It'll be a blow if Nooney goes - I think he's a class act but I hope he does well for you.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I think Noone is actually a good crosser of the ball. What I would say is he does occasionally get a bit overexcited and chooses the wrong option (e.g. shoot or go on a solo run when he should pass).

However, I will be very disappointed if he goes as he is pretty consistent for a winger and a very exciting player. Also, I can see us being on a level playing field to Cardiff within the next couple of years so I don't think it would particularly be a forward move for him.

mrbigshot

Dec 15, 2009
Mid Sussex
Sheep shagging Taff

Nooney's a great character to have in the dressing room, fans players and staff will miss him, why would he want to leave tho I always got the impression he loved it here

Oh and he can't gro facial hair

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here