Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The White Admiral Bevendean

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
Bevendean badgers were the main team in Bevendean and Barcelona & Bulls were breakaway teams.

I don't know what happened to badgers but I think they dropped the 'badgers' (not trendy) and I'm not sure if Dean Valley are a later incarnation or completly new. sadly, it's rumoured that this club, like so many before, maybe falling apart from within as different factions have different views on where the club should go. i don't have any real info on this but would imagine it's the usual of trying to be the best club in the world v being a club where local kids can learn to play the game.

The church building is still there, available for hire and quite frequently used. the new project will extend and transform the building for some much needed community facilities.

As for George Smart, i never met him but he was a bit of a legend and quite a few kids i went to school with knew him. I also went to school with one of his lads. George, as you might expect, is well gone from the place.

I had stints playing for both Badgers and Barcelona.

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
(Another Lower Bev boy here)

He lived/owned the hairdressers on that little parade of shops half way up, between The Avenue and Upper/Lower Bev Avenue - I used to deliver newspapers to him as a nipper.

Arthur White as Google reminds me..

You sir are correct, his name was Arthur White who starred in Crossroads. His son Russell was in my class at school Patcham Fawcett (80-84)

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here