Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The what’s the temperature or heat feel where you are at the moment thread

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I've been sweating like a cheese sandwich in clingwrap, but I reckon the temp must have dropped around 10 degrees between 5 and 6. Clouded right over, wind whipped up, a couple of heavy showers. LOVELY. A very pleasant breeze is now ruffling my back door bead curtain.

Make of that what you will.

If you have a bead curtain round your back door, I'm OUT!

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I've been sweating like a cheese sandwich in clingwrap, but I reckon the temp must have dropped around 10 degrees between 5 and 6. Clouded right over, wind whipped up, a couple of heavy showers. LOVELY. A very pleasant breeze is now ruffling my back door bead curtain.

Make of that what you will.

I'm turned on and disgusted at the same time.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Do you live in a shack?

Lucky I didn't have a mouthfull of wine when I read that: BLOTM (which stands for best laugh of the month, the third highest accolade for NSC comedy)

:bowdown:

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
So today at Blackwaterfoot on the Isle of Arran we had a smorgasbord of weather!!
This morning a lovely 18 deg C, ideal for a coffee and fresh baked croissant in the garden!
An hour of pool swimming then 12 holes of golf at maybe 24 deg C , sunny and increasingly humid! Then, mid afternoon, the wind got up and at 4pm the heavens opened and the temperature plummeted. All in all a fabulous Scottish Summer’s day! More of the same tomorrow please!

TNBA
TTF

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
So today at Blackwaterfoot on the Isle of Arran we had a smorgasbord of weather!!
This morning a lovely 18 deg C, ideal for a coffee and fresh baked croissant in the garden!
An hour of pool swimming then 12 holes of golf at maybe 24 deg C , sunny and increasingly humid! Then, mid afternoon, the wind got up and at 4pm the heavens opened and the temperature plummeted. All in all a fabulous Scottish Summer’s day! More of the same tomorrow please!

TNBA
TTF

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK

TNBA
TTF

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
6 litres of water is way too much.

Aye

https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-...nd-healthy-eating/in-depth/water/art-20044256

Drinking too much water is rarely a problem for healthy, well-nourished adults. Athletes occasionally may drink too much water in an attempt to prevent dehydration during long or intense exercise. When you drink too much water, your kidneys can't get rid of the excess water. The sodium content of your blood becomes diluted. This is called hyponatremia and it can be life-threatening.

I know drinking too much can be dangerous but it was just unbearable yesterday. 8 was sweating like I was sitting in a sauna for most of the day, whatever I drank just came straight back out again.

I've been at work for an hour now and compared to yesterday it's bliss.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I feel today is more uncomfortable than the last two days. It’s very muggy and close. Although I don’t think we’ll see the hysterical highs of the temp getting up to almost 40 under a heat lamp on a runway in Oxfordshire but it’s not pleasant.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I feel today is more uncomfortable than the last two days. It’s very muggy and close. Although I don’t think we’ll see the hysterical highs of the temp getting up to almost 40 under a heat lamp on a runway in Oxfordshire but it’s not pleasant.

The problem we have is that despite cooler conditions outside, it's still 26c in the house. These British houses sure are good at retaining heat aren't they?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The problem we have is that despite cooler conditions outside, it's still 26c in the house. These British houses sure are good at retaining heat aren't they?

My flat is rather cool as it doesn’t really get the sun being North racing but I’m out in a cafe In Shoreham and I’m sweating like Fred West watching Ground Force!

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Managed to cry off a day in London via phone call at 07.00 with a Client, as they are based in Kings Cross which apperently is a clusterfvck at present. Next week then...

Home and a couple of hours snooze instead, suppose I had had better do a bit of work after doing Mrs Jakarta's brekkie.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
33°C and 29% humidity... turning slightly unfun, and I have a one hour walk in order to get beer and cigarettes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here