Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Vote - Wilkins V Adams - Part 2

Wilkins or Adams?

• Total voters

Yeh, but i can't help feeling disappointed at the signings we've made, I thought Richards, Westlake and Racon would be coming back. It's just that we've signed people that are on the way down. I'd love to be wrong though

On the way down? Bit harsh don't you think?

McLeod-28, Livermore-28, Hawkins-31, Virgo-25. Then there's Whing-24, Thomson-30, Murray-25 from last year. Seems a decent balance of youth and experience throughout the squad. I trust Adams to get it right.

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
I am not having a go, I wouldn't have a go at anyone for their opinions.OK mine may differ but not my style to have a go needlessly.

I wasn't in the country for that part of Alexs' reign so can't remeber that/

Don't you and your hubby ever argue over the 1983 cup final?? :lolol:

No Brighton is always his number one team - always had been - its been passed down through both of our familys - when btn play man utd he will never support man utd over brighton

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
At every opportunity? Like you you mean when at every opportunity you have a dig at Dick Knight and now Adams?

I have good reason to have a pop at Dick - i have nothing against Micky as a person - i just fail to see what he has achieved as a person since he left us for another club and the fact there was no need to change our manager

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
No Brighton is always his number one team - always had been - its been passed down through both of our familys - when btn play man utd he will never support man utd over brighton

Good :thumbsup:

My brother is a Man Utd fan and we have had some proper rows over the years

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I have good reason to have a pop at Dick - i have nothing against Micky as a person - i just fail to see what he has achieved as a person since he left us for another club and the fact there was no need to change our manager

Got Leicester promoted and saved Coventry from what looked a likely relegation - both in the league above. Not too bad really. Change of manager as you say probably wasn't NEEDED - however it probably will be beneficial.

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
Mansfield FA Cup. I will NEVER forgive you for that Mr Wilkins.

Why is it Dean's fault - people started talking out against Dick Knight which caused unrest in the team and players left - you only have to look at results from boxing day to end of jan to confirm that - If dean wilkins was such a bad manager how come we went on a good run after that - team spirit - the players apart from the selected few were all surprised how dean was treated so things couldnt have been that bad - Butters and rents never had a pop did they - i truly believe that if Dick knight kept out of certain things this club would be a much better place

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Why is it Dean's fault - people started talking out against Dick Knight which caused unrest in the team and players left - you only have to look at results from boxing day to end of jan to confirm that - If dean wilkins was such a bad manager how come we went on a good run after that - team spirit - the players apart from the selected few were all surprised how dean was treated so things couldnt have been that bad - Butters and rents never had a pop did they - i truly believe that if Dick knight kept out of certain things this club would be a much better place

If Dick Knight kept out of BHAFC in 1997 we would not have a club at all.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004

Interesting you pick those two, Butters knew his time was coming to an end - at 38/39 you expect to be going down the pecking order. Rents was just starting his career and I wouldn't have thought he wanted to be labelled a trouble maker. Equally he couldn't expect to be in the side as his age. Regardless of how things fell apart a bit there is NO justification to being totally outplayed by a team at the bottom of the league below.

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU

Which "people" started talking out against Dick Knight?

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
all the business with Bas Georg and Dean hammond - i'm not going through all that again - i just get slagged off on here

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
all the business with Bas Georg and Dean hammond - i'm not going through all that again - i just get slagged off on here

3 players who clearly had an over inflated opinion of there worth.

Glad we have a chairman who does not simply hand out wages on players (and agents) demands. As a result of Bas leaving we got Murray. I know who I would rather have upfront.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
3 players who clearly had an over inflated opinion of there worth.

Glad we have a chairman who does not simply hand out wages on players (and agents) demands. As a result of Bas leaving we got Murray. I know who I would rather have upfront.

I would have to say that that is the post of the day

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

Oh yeah?

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Under Taylor we were boring, under Hinshelwood we were inept. But NEVER since our tenure began at Withdean have I seen such a passionless display.

I take it you missed the Stoke 5-1 debacle. Sides have good days, sides have off days. Teams raise their games for cup games - that's how the likes of Cardiff and Millwall got to the final recently. Look at Rangers last night. I think it's pretty damn harsh to judge him on that performance.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I voted for Wilkins.

NOT because I'm anti-Adams, but because I think Wilkins was taking the club forward whilst learning his trade, and deserved at least another season with his youngsters and some new signings after coming so close to play-offs last season.

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton

I've just realised that them 3 will be playing against us again next season, just goes to show they wasn't worth splashing the cash on keeping them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here