Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Vote - Wilkins V Adams - Part 2

Wilkins or Adams?

• Total voters

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
No they don't. The best managers ease to victory in this kind of game every time without fail, that's why they're the best.

We were playing a dismal Mansfield side flirting with the bottom the league two table. Performing like we did on that day made me embarrassed to be an Albion fan.

Besides - There were other occasions last season where we just didn't turn up, despite having it all to play for, and succumbed to defeat after heartless displays yet again.

Wilkins = Boring passionless manager, boring passionless football. Good riddance.

I think you may find that fergie was a crap manager to start with and look what he has done now - i think the problem in the Football World is too many chairman/boards act to quickly to fire a manager and then regret it - alos the boardroom sticks there nose in on the pitch side of things far too much and that's when your problems start

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
I think you may find that fergie was a crap manager to start with and look what he has done now - i think the problem in the Football World is too many chairman/boards act to quickly to fire a manager and then regret it - alos the boardroom sticks there nose in on the pitch side of things far too much and that's when your problems start

Not too sure about Fergie being crap!! He did wonders at Aberdeen whilst he was there

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Not too sure about Fergie being crap!! He did wonders at Aberdeen whilst he was there

It did'nt stop him being one result away from being sacked by Man Utd though, If I remember rightly it was a Mark Robins goal that saved his job.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I don't remember that!! What season was that?

I really could'nt tell you what season it was without checking it up but if I remember it rightly it was'nt that long after he took over.

Edit... I've just checked it up and it was in fact the 1989/90 season, Even Ferguson described it himself as his darkest period in his carear in managment.

Last edited:

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
It did'nt stop him being one result away from being sacked by Man Utd though, If I remember rightly it was a Mark Robins goal that saved his job.

Thanks for that - i am beginning to think that some people on here just want to have a pop at me at any opportunity

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
I really could'nt tell you what season it was without checking it up but if I remember it rightly it was'nt that long after he took over.

Edit... I've just checked it up and it was in fact the 1989/90 season, Even Ferguson described it himself as his darkest period in his carear in managment.

Top stuff cheers:thumbsup:

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
Thanks for that - i am beginning to think that some people on here just want to have a pop at me at any opportunity

Not having a pop just to finish second in your first season is good no?

Was 4 years into his Manure career that happened and i wouldn't remember that much as was out of the country at the time

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
Not having a pop just to finish second in your first season is good no?

Was 4 years into his Manure career that happened and i wouldn't remember that much as was out of the country at the time

I'm sorry but i feel that every time i post something i am made to feel like everything i say is wrong - i can remeber this only because i am married to a man utd follower - he supports brighton

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
I'm sorry but i feel that every time i post something i am made to feel like everything i say is wrong - i can remeber this only because i am married to a man utd follower - he supports brighton

I am not having a go, I wouldn't have a go at anyone for their opinions.OK mine may differ but not my style to have a go needlessly.

I wasn't in the country for that part of Alexs' reign so can't remeber that/

Don't you and your hubby ever argue over the 1983 cup final?? :lolol:

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
No they don't. The best managers ease to victory in this kind of game every time without fail, that's why they're the best.

We were playing a dismal Mansfield side flirting with the bottom the league two table. Performing like we did on that day made me embarrassed to be an Albion fan.

Besides - There were other occasions last season where we just didn't turn up, despite having it all to play for, and succumbed to defeat after heartless displays yet again.

Wilkins = Boring passionless manager, boring passionless football. Good riddance.

:clap:

Flavor Flav

Get those trousers off!
Jul 5, 2008
West Sussex
Still prefer to have Wilkins as he was building a young hopeful team, all Adams has done is bring in aload of players who have already peaked in their careers. Disappointed, had high hopes for the summer :(

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Still prefer to have Wilkins as he was building a young hopeful team, all Adams has done is bring in aload of players who have already peaked in their careers. Disappointed, had high hopes for the summer :(

Hang on , just a thought, how about waiting to see what the results actually are before getting dissapointed.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Get used to it. You need to have a thick skin to post long term on NSC. Stick to your beliefs and don't let the bastards grind you down ( even though I disagree with most of them ).

At every opportunity? Like you you mean when at every opportunity you have a dig at Dick Knight and now Adams?

Flavor Flav

Get those trousers off!
Jul 5, 2008
West Sussex
Hang on , just a thought, how about waiting to see what the results actually are before getting dissapointed.

Yeh, but i can't help feeling disappointed at the signings we've made, I thought Richards, Westlake and Racon would be coming back. It's just that we've signed people that are on the way down. I'd love to be wrong though

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here