Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The US Election

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Be grateful that our "dull bollocks" political is more than just prime time TV. Americans are amongst the most corrupted, propaganda driven people on the planet and they don't even realise it.

stupid stupid americans. with their democracy respect for freedom and facing down a superpower that kept its populationand half of europe in bondage under a relentless barrage of propaganda.

how are your hero's ideals standing up at the moment? mass arrests and imprisonment of army leaders by islamists? thats another belter of a democracy.

nah still picking america over most, sorry. a few over the top party political broadcasts doesnt necessarily make it a rotten corrupt state thats corrupting its population. plenty of better candidates than the US of A.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Suprised so many tory heads wanting Obama to win

It's because the Democrats are actually closer on the political spectrum to the Conservatives. Believe it or not, Obama / Clintons' administrations...they were all right-wing. They don't understand easily our more liberal politics over here in the UK - there's no such equivalent to the Labour Party.

In the same way that the Republicans are an extreme, right-wing party, one whose manifesto would be completely alien to normal British politics.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
stupid stupid americans. with their democracy respect for freedom and facing down a superpower that kept its populationand half of europe in bondage under a relentless barrage of propaganda.

how are your hero's ideals standing up at the moment? mass arrests and imprisonment of army leaders by islamists? thats another belter of a democracy.

nah still picking america over most, sorry. a few over the top party political broadcasts doesnt necessarily make it a rotten corrupt state thats corrupting its population. plenty of better candidates than the US of A.
Whilst I broadly agree you have to admit that in America, more so than in any other democracy, the presidential election comes down to a popularity contest usually won by the richest liar with the best soundbites.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Whilst I broadly agree you have to admit that in America, more so than in any other democracy, the presidential election comes down to a popularity contest usually won by the richest liar with the best soundbites.

thats the reason i started this thread, as its entertaining, mental, and funny. we dont have this. i look on in awe. i dont say its a perfect system and i am only playing devils advocate to elicit the tedious responses of musafa kemal and the others who delight in stating if not the obvious but at least their distorted view of it, as if its some sort of revelation that money and power go hand in hand in a capitalist society. i can only read a sentence or two of that before i start to nod off/worry that people genuinely think they have some sort of insight.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Sounds like you are as brainwashed by their buzzwords as they are. Democracy, Freedom, Change etc. They are great sounding words which are sure to win votes, but they are essentially meaningless just like their votes are.

America has the greatest financial and social inequality in the world, and the gap is widening. Their democracy is little more than a facade to convince the Americans that they have control over these things - but nothing ever changes, only money talks in America and only money wins elections. It's not a democracy, it's a financocracy. Laws are changed in that country not to serve the people, but to make the rich richer - such as the wars or the banking deregulations which made countless individuals from Wall Street insane amounts of money for gambling with the futures of millions of Americans, which ultimately failed. The bottom line is that as long as Americans have their TV's and fast food joints, and they are repeatedly told that that their "democratic" vote can make "change" they will believe that American "freedom" is worth going to war over. If Obama couldn't change a thing (even his mandatory health insurance bill essentially got passed to make insurance companies richer) then Romney certainly can't. Americans aren't free, they are essentially living in a dictatorship, the only difference is that the dictators are the unmasked rich elite.

who can unmask these supervillans then? rescue these poor dupes from their enslavement?

*gets changed in phone box and flies off to lex luthers lair*

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
He'll press the launch button.......I don't understand his religion therefore he will blow us all to kingdom come. Looking in, its sometimes difficult to distinguish who are the bigger nutters, the radical Muslims or the overzealous good old American boys.

A very valid point. The radical muslims get all the publicity with their spoutings, but the rabid religious nutcases of the USA are equally as warped.

If you listen to the the bible bashing ranters, all the natural disasters of recent years has been Gods payback to gays, sinners, pro abortionists plus anyone else who doesn't conform to their warped beliefs. The most worrying thing - Many of these nutcases are in positions of power in Congress, the Senate or representatives in State Governments.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

Respect for freedom?

Dude, google - America.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
[MENTION=177]Brovion[/MENTION] [MENTION=12211]The Spanish[/MENTION]

America is not a Democracy, it is a Republic.

”Hence it is that such democracies have ever been spectacles of turbulence and contention; have ever been found incompatible with personal security or the rights of property; and have in general been as short in their lives as they have been violent in their deaths.”
- James Madison

“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There was never a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.”
- John Adams

Democracy is majority rule at the expense of the minority. Our system has certain democratic elements, but the founders never mentioned democracy in the Constitution, the Bill of Rights, or the Declaration of Independence. In fact, our most important protections are decidedly undemocratic. For example, the First Amendment protects free speech. It doesn't – or shouldn't – matter if that speech is abhorrent to 51% or even 99% of the people. Speech is not subject to majority approval. Under our republican form of government, the individual, the smallest of minorities, is protected from the mob.
- Ron Paul

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
[MENTION=177]Brovion[/MENTION] [MENTION=12211]The Spanish[/MENTION]

America is not a Democracy, it is a Republic.

”Hence it is that such democracies have ever been spectacles of turbulence and contention; have ever been found incompatible with personal security or the rights of property; and have in general been as short in their lives as they have been violent in their deaths.”
- James Madison

“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There was never a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.”
- John Adams

Democracy is majority rule at the expense of the minority. Our system has certain democratic elements, but the founders never mentioned democracy in the Constitution, the Bill of Rights, or the Declaration of Independence. In fact, our most important protections are decidedly undemocratic. For example, the First Amendment protects free speech. It doesn't – or shouldn't – matter if that speech is abhorrent to 51% or even 99% of the people. Speech is not subject to majority approval. Under our republican form of government, the individual, the smallest of minorities, is protected from the mob.
- Ron Paul

what is all the @ business all of a sudden.

sorry mate thats too boring for words. got a sentence in when i realised they were not your thoughts but someone elses. off the internet.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
The Argument "China is worse" does not translate to "America respects freedom", which is what you said.

i used china as the list of countries who are worse is too long to type. this really is getting silly yeah alright america is a dictaotorship where people have no social mobility or say in how their country is run as its run by super powerful shadowy figures. sorry but this is all mental. stating the obvious about the flaws of capitalist societies is noyt the same as proving that america is one big con trick because it really isnt. its a very immature stance.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
i used china as the list of countries who are worse is too long to type. this really is getting silly yeah alright america is a dictaotorship where people have no social mobility or say in how their country is run as its run by super powerful shadowy figures. sorry but this is all mental. stating the obvious about the flaws of capitalist societies is noyt the same as proving that america is one big con trick because it really isnt. its a very immature stance.

What? You said - "America respects freedom". I said, no it does not.

Yes, this is getting silly.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
what is all the @ business all of a sudden.

sorry mate thats too boring for words. got a sentence in when i realised they were not your thoughts but someone elses. off the internet.

Yeh I got it from this blogger, John Adams, he is totally insane with all his theories and stuff. You should totally check out his site. It's the one with the black background and the red Comic Sans font writing. There is a skull and bones at the top of the page you can't miss it.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It's Obama's to loose now.

driddles

Nov 8, 2003
Ontario, Canada
Random thoughts. Just drove down to Florida from Ontario and noticed that all the way to the Florida border I saw almost no billboards to do with the National election. Mainly billboards for local judges or sheriff. Then when I crossed the state line into Florida almost every billboard was a Romney or Obama billboard. God the people in Florida must be sick of seeing it. It drove me nuts after just a few days.

Oddest billboard 'Christians must VOTE. Romney under GOD'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here