Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The US Election

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
I like it far better than our dull bollocks. And its a goodie this time round. No Bush for the join-the-dots political opinions over here to simply line up and snipe at and boring panel show dullards to make shit tedious jokes about, and Obamas a serving president with a track record now.

I have got a feeling it will be an Obama landslide on here.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Think it will be closer than you think with Obama to win.

Hillary Clinton will stand in 2016

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Think it will be closer than you think with Obama to win.

Hillary Clinton will stand in 2016

no i meant in the 51st state of nsc it would be a landslide. and if he was green he would be elected president for life like a sort of groovy idi amin.

but back in the real world yes theres a fag paper in it.

*chews nails*

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
ON here it will be Obama all the way. But what has he ever done for us?

He has a nice smile and speaks with authority, we like that.

Stumpy Tim

Obama is ahead in too many swing states for Romney to win. I've also read articles about how polls don't take into account the Latino vote as much as they should - which would mean the polls are 2-3% wrong in Romney's favour.

I want Obama to win, but Romney wouldn't be the disaster Bush was or McCain/Palin would have been.

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
I think most places in the world are hoping for a Obama victory. One main exception to this is Israel, and that in itself tells you how disastrous Romney would be.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I think most places in the world are hoping for a Obama victory. One main exception to this is Israel, and that in itself tells you how disastrous Romney would be.

There are probably quite a few places not hoping for Obama. Yemen, Somalia, Pakistan.

Why would Israel not want Obama? They like Obama.
AIPAC thanks Obama for 'steadfast support'

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
no i meant in the 51st state of nsc it would be a landslide. and if he was green he would be elected president for life like a sort of groovy idi amin.

but back in the real world yes theres a fag paper in it.

*chews nails*

Oh come on Spanish! You're usually more accurate than that! NSC is anything but the 51st state of the USA, in fact I'd say overall it's quite anti-American (in a similar vein to the way that Scotland is anti-English). Also the Green supporters on here are, thankfully, in a tiny minority. I would join you in guessing that most regular NSC poster want Obama to win, but that's because most of us, even the Tories, are caring compassionate human beings. Also I'd guess that most, like you, think the real thing will be too close to call.

Let's hope no pea-brained Guardian readers write to Americans like they did in 2004 urging them to vote Democrat!

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I have got a feeling it will be an Obama landslide on here.
This is the problem.

For the rest of the world, on the outside looking in, there's no way Obama can lose.

The fact that it's going to be one of the closest elections in US history, just shows how fooked the US is, and by association, the rest of the planet.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Oh come on Spanish! You're usually more accurate than that! NSC is anything but the 51st state of the USA, in fact I'd say overall it's quite anti-American (in a similar vein to the way that Scotland is anti-English). Also the Green supporters on here are, thankfully, in a tiny minority. I would join you in guessing that most regular NSC poster want Obama to win, but that's because most of us, even the Tories, are caring compassionate human beings. Also I'd guess that most, like you, think the real thing will be too close to call.

Let's hope no pea-brained Guardian readers write to Americans like they did in 2004 urging them to vote Democrat!

we have had recent insane comparisons likening Brighton to San Francisco ( a bit like comparing Blackpool to Paris in terms of actual analysis versus the flimsiest of likenesses) so even some of our more left leaning wouldnt mind. (I think South Beach would be more accurate to be honest far more posey and druggy, if lots of gay people and a being by the sea are the leading factors in your decision on Which American City Is Most Like Brighton)

I dont think most on here are anti American its just a pavlovian response in many Brits all across the spectrum, to say something idiot about America for various reasons, and usually not a deeply held belief.

The town that voted in a green crank is no position to lecture anyone on political sophistication.

I love the broadcasts in the US best, shamelessly emotive and exploitative, ridiculously patriotic, and ocassionally very sinister (lots of talk about China i have noticed on this one, veiled threats/promises to 'deal with them') and of course the usual insanity re the middle east. but any of that is far better than our lily livered bullshitting, lack of any real conviction, and total avoidance of anything controversial or interesting.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Put it this way if Romney gets in prepare yourself for many future wars

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
There are probably quite a few places not hoping for Obama. Yemen, Somalia, Pakistan.

Why would Israel not want Obama? They like Obama.
AIPAC thanks Obama for 'steadfast support'

Romney vocal support for the hard line Israelis basically gives the green light for Israel to do what it wants in the Middle East. With many Middle Eastern countries in turmoil at the moment I believe that Israel will take full advantage. I prefer an American President who spends more time on national policy rather than meddling where maybe they shouldn't.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Romney vocal support for the hard line Israelis basically gives the green light for Israel to do what it wants in the Middle East. With many Middle Eastern countries in turmoil at the moment I believe that Israel will take full advantage. I prefer an American President who spends more time on national policy rather than meddling where maybe they shouldn't.

talking about potential armageddon on your 666th post Elvis! bloody hell spooky

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

The town that voted in a green crank is no position to lecture anyone on political sophistication.

But most of the people who vote Green in Brighton don't post on NSC though. As a general (but not total) rule most of the cranky twats think football is far too common and a dreadful waste of resources.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here