Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The ultimate REFERENDUM thread

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Christ he clearly means we are better off out...Take those rose tinted specs off :)
Madness?
It would be the best thing ever and if you enjoy seeing your country milked and walked over by Germany and France then so be it.
The European Union is rotten to the core and they have no interest in countries well being just the money.

Vile organisation

I obviously disagree strongly. Let's leave it at that.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
So despite a dozen nations in the EU having joined in the 00's, having 15 or so years before been the "enemy", we are supposed to credit the EU with peace over 70 years, not NATO? And a hand full of NATO members joining only in the 70's and 80's? And no consistent or cohesive policy on foreign or defense? The same EU that couldn't sort out the Balkan problem, defering to NATO to help, is supposed to have kept the Soviet threat at bay?

That's not what I said. It's neither 100% one way to Nato or 100% the other way to the EU. But those who totally discount any EU role in helping to maintain peace in Europe are wrong. Things aren't black and white.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 192

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
TBH i am not really bothered whether he has been sacked or suspended, the whole point of this occurrence being put up was surely to point out that a senior figure has the opinion that we would be better off Out of the EU......seems some want to deflect from the real point.

I'm not bothered either but perhaps the real point is that 60 per cent of BCC members want to remain in the EU, twice as many as want to leave.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I'm not bothered either but perhaps the real point is that 60 per cent of BCC members want to remain in the EU, twice as many as want to leave.

Really, so are you saying that 60 percent have stated this seeing as any opinion either way means a suspension...... i await 60 per cent being suspended then.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I think it is absolutely appalling to talk about this purely in terms of money. It ignores any historical, philosophical or political reasons to stay in.

There was an excellent article in the Observer last week from an interview with David Liddington (?spelling), the Conservative Europe Minister, who has been in post for six years. One of the points that he was making, which many people ignore, is the prevention of war in Europe stuff. he cited the example of a conversation that he had with the Prime Minister of one of the recently incoming Eastern Bloc states - I can't remember which one - where his interlocutor had stressed how important that is.

Anyone who says, like the UKIP MEP on question Time this week, that the prevention of war in Europe for the last 70 years has had nothing to do with the European Union but is down to NATO is talking through their anal orifice.

Seriously? You point to the past with European wars blighting the continent as a reason for the UK to remain within the EU?

For the love of God man.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Really, so are you saying that 60 percent have stated this seeing as any opinion either way means a suspension...... i await 60 per cent being suspended then.

That's a bit daft really. The BCC has a policy of neutrality and has instructed those running it to respect that position. Obviously, this doesn't extend to the rank and file membership. And yes, I can confirm that 60 per cent have said they want the UK to stay in the EU. They won't be suspended and nor will the very much smaller number saying the opposite.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here