Votes: 38 57.6%

• Total voters

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Possible full quote?

"Of course I'd rather not have another lockdown and we all want to get the economy up and running again, but we just can't let the bodies pile high in their thousands."

Enough there for someone to be selective and make mischief. Not saying that's what happened, but it'd be good to know what other words surrounded those eight that The Mail picked on and flashed across the world as headlines..

I think it’s been reported that the full quote was , in fact, “No more ****ing lockdowns- let the bodies pile high in their thousands”

Pretty unambiguous I’d say.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I’m more aggrieved that he did cause thousands to die with his dithering and eagerness to please his voters than what he may or may not have shouted in a fit of peak.

Quite - that's Johnson's legacy, error after error. Tragic he came to power during a national emergency...

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I think it’s been reported that the full quote was , in fact, “No more ****ing lockdowns- let the bodies pile high in their thousands”

Pretty unambiguous I’d say.
He must have been plastered to say that. Or perhaps not, no low is too low for Johnson.

Last edited:

whosthedaddy

striker256
Apr 20, 2007
Hove
Apparently he said it in a fit of temper when he was told he needed to announce another Lockdown.

To be fair we've all said things we regret when pushed into a corner, just because he's the PM it doesn't exclude him from frustrated exasperations and rants.

I'm sure quite a few people will sympathise with him a little, when the going gets sticky...don't get stuck, or in Dominic Cummings' case don't get angry...get revenge.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Apparently he said it in a fit of temper when he was told he needed to announce another Lockdown.

To be fair we've all said things we regret when pushed into a corner, just because he's the PM it doesn't exclude him from frustrated exasperations and rants.

I'm sure quite a few people will sympathise with him a little, when the going gets sticky...don't get stuck, or in Dominic Cummings' case don't get angry...get revenge.

He's being urged to save the lives of tens of thousands of people he has voluntarily sworn to protect and because he doesn't want to lose popularity with his core voters he exclaims; "Let the bodies (of those he has sworn to protect) pile high"!

I once shouted "well then they'll go without ****ing coffee for one morning"! at work but thus far I've refrained from wishing to see the piled up corpses of those in my charge. Maybe I'm too soft? :lolol:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
So who did you vote for :lolol:

I really have to go to dinner if I want to survive until tomorrow
I didn't. Enjoy your dinner!

Come on, I showed you mine. So which one do you think is telling the truth this time :wink:

It all appears to have kicked off when Johnson got the press to go after Cummings for the Dyson leak and Cummings (and others) insisted he wasn't the source for that one.

I wonder if No 10 are thinking they should have just let the Dyson one go now ???

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
“Oh, what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive “

Sir Walter Scott’s quote proves more prescient as this sordid, corrupt Government unwinds.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I don't believe Johnson but I refuse to tick the box that believes something the daily hate mail posts. Glad others have come forward.

But that's the fun of it. I suspect there's very few who wouldn't prefer to answer 'neither' or 'both' even though that's logically impossible :lolol:

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Come on, I showed you mine. So which one do you think is telling the truth this time :wink:

It all appears to have kicked off when Johnson got the press to go after Cummings for the Dyson leak and Cummings (and others) insisted he wasn't the source for that one.

I wonder if No 10 are thinking they should have just let the Dyson one go now ???

I honestly don't know. I suspect that something of the sort was said, but not in the tone or the context which the Mail has chosen to try and make a scandal out of. Maybe post #104 just above is as good a guess as any.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I honestly don't know. I suspect that something of the sort was said, but not in the tone or the context which the Mail has chosen to try and make a scandal out of. Maybe post #104 just above is as good a guess as any.

If I’m ever up before the Beak for murder, I hope I get you on the Jury.

This is the man who said” **** the families “ about the 7/7 victims. He has zero empathy with anyone.

You are either naive in the extreme, or you have a pro Johnson obsession.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

I'm going to leave this discussion here. You are wrong on both counts, your error no doubt driven by your own prejudices and obsessions about people who disagree with you. I don't care for that sort of biassed and uninformed judgement. Goodbye..

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I'm going to leave this discussion here. You are wrong on both counts, your error no doubt driven by your own prejudices and obsessions about people who disagree with you. I don't care for that sort of biassed and uninformed judgement. Goodbye..

You’ve started to realise that defending the integrity of a man sacked twice for lying, who had numerous extra marital affairs, who has consistently lied while holding the highest office in the land, and assisted in a plan to have a a journalist beaten up, is not a hill to die on.

Congratulations.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[TWEET]1386959653993603074[/TWEET]

[TWEET]1386980847593705472[/TWEET]

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I don't suppose it is too much to hope that our despicable PM will resign ? ???

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I don't suppose it is too much to hope that our despicable PM will resign ? ???

If I was him I'd go soon while we're a few weeks ahead on vaccines and true the effects of the Brexit skip fire come to light, not to mention dealing with the public finances which are now in a terrible state.

There is a lot more money for him in the talk circuit, Johnson is essentially skint and can't survive on his current salary without resorting to corruption

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
If I’m ever up before the Beak for murder, I hope I get you on the Jury.

This is the man who said” **** the families “ about the 7/7 victims. He has zero empathy with anyone.

So easy to forget this stuff...

Capture.PNG

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here