Votes: 28 42.4%
  • I believe the Mail

Votes: 38 57.6%

• Total voters

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Or in a couple of days some ex Big Brother contestant will reveal she had an extramarital affair with some former dart player back in 2008 and everyone will forget about it and move on to the next scandal.

Such scandals never last long. Johnson being an example.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Whatever the truth, if the staff at The Mail have taken arms against Johnson then the word on Fleet St will be that Johnson is about to go down. Big hitters like the Mail don’t start mutiny’s until the rifles have been handed out.

It’s not new, The Holy Grail have run anti-Johnson/anti-government stuff on and off over the past year at least.

The poor old Mail readers though, talk about being caught between a cock and a hard place.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Possible full quote?

"Of course I'd rather not have another lockdown and we all want to get the economy up and running again, but we just can't let the bodies pile high in their thousands."

Enough there for someone to be selective and make mischief. Not saying that's what happened, but it'd be good to know what other words surrounded those eight that The Mail picked on and flashed across the world as headlines..

I am sorry, but I'm sure you didn't mean that to sound as hilariously desperate as it does :lolol:

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
It’s not new, The Holy Grail have run anti-Johnson/anti-government stuff on and off over the past year at least.

The poor old Mail readers though, talk about being caught between a cock and a hard place.

tumblr_lnrmogIZSj1qkld3fo1_500.gif

The whole point of the thread and poll, no matter what your political persuasion :wink:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Funny how many people now believe Cummings when it suits their agenda.

Exactly.

I always thought government employees had to sign an official secrets declaration.

I would think Cummings has broken this and should be subject to prosecution, after his ‘journey’ last year probably a year too late.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Exactly.

I always thought government employees had to sign an official secrets declaration.

I would think Cummings has broken this and should be subject to prosecution, after his ‘journey’ last year probably a year too late.

You really wouldn't believe the hoops, laws and security clearances a senior civil servant goes through. The vetting includes interviews with family, friends, associates as well as questions about every aspect of their personal lives etc.

MPs, Cabinet Ministers, Prime Ministers, Political appointees, such as Spads, not so much (as in none). Guess which Cummings was ???

Last edited:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Possible full quote?

"Of course I'd rather not have another lockdown and we all want to get the economy up and running again, but we just can't let the bodies pile high in their thousands."

Enough there for someone to be selective and make mischief. Not saying that's what happened, but it'd be good to know what other words surrounded those eight that The Mail picked on and flashed across the world as headlines..

My cat Oscar, knows Larry , the Downing Street mouser. He tells me that the actual quote was “We have to have another lockdown, that Pinko commie Starmer will only make me look like an incompetent, jelly brained buffoon if we let the bodies pile high in their thousands “.

Trust Larry, he always speaks the truth.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I am sorry, but I'm sure you didn't mean that to sound as hilariously desperate as it does :lolol:

It's one possibility of many. Neither you nor I were there (if there was a 'there' to be at at all) so we don't know. You're welcome to try a better guess (bearing in mind that your guess will not be one iota better than mine).

So, no quibbling, prevarication, and no neutral option available, whose side are you on - Boris or the Daily Mail?

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
My cat Oscar, knows Larry , the Downing Street mouser. He tells me that the actual quote was “We have to have another lockdown, that Pinko commie Starmer will only make me look like an incompetent, jelly brained buffoon if we let the bodies pile high in their thousands “.

Trust Larry, he always speaks the truth.
TBH, I'd sooner believe Larry than Cummings! Not so sure about the Daily Mail though ......................... :)

Looking at other possibilities, if you just put a question mark behind "let the bodies pile high in their thousands“ it potentially takes on a totally different meaning. as in "let the bodies pile high in their thousands FFS?“ Small margins. Infinite potential for mischief. Who knows?

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
It's one possibility of many. Neither you nor I were there (if there was a 'there' to be at at all) so we don't know. You're welcome to try a better guess (bearing in mind that your guess will not be one iota better than mine).

So, no quibbling, prevarication, and no neutral option available, whose side are you on - Boris or the Daily Mail?

I'm really not on anybody's 'side'.

Of course I wouldn't trust either of them, I would be hard-pressed to think of two people/institutions I would trust less, but on this question I voted Mail.

You don't think I would ask a question I wouldn't answer myself. I'm sure you'll disagree with a lot of things I say but at least you know I'm honest :wink:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
You really wouldn't believe the hoops, laws and security clearances a senior civil servant goes through. The vetting includes interviews with family, friends, associates as well as questions about every aspect of their personal lives etc.

MPs, Cabinet Ministers, Prime Ministers, Political appointees, such as Spads, not so much (as in none). Guess which Cummings was ???

I would think Cummings was classified as civil servant?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
The Mail - which I buy on behalf of my elderly neighbours - is a nasty, spiteful rag. One of its tropes over recent months is that Johnson is in thrall to Carrie. (Not dissimilar to the same paper's narrative slant on Harry and Mrs Sussex.) So they are not the Boris fan-sheet and can sniff a 'good' story. They also have some insider contacts that might be denied to other newshounds.
I'd be inclined to think that they've got something approaching a scoop on this one. For some reason, I can't stop myself from seeing the fingerprints of M. Gove on this (married, of course, to the DM's very own Sarah Vine). He's been keeping his powder dry for a long time and is waiting for an opportunity to take Johnson down. This might be it.

But, of course, they are all bloody dreadful and deserve each other rather more than the country deserves them.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I'm really not on anybody's 'side'.

Of course I wouldn't trust either of them, I would be hard-pressed to think of two people/institutions I would trust less, but on this question I voted Mail.

You don't think I would ask a question I wouldn't answer myself. I'm sure you'll disagree with a lot of things I say but at least you know I'm honest :wink:

Watford zero, admitting in print to voting for The Mail .................. I'll quit this while I'm winning! :lolol:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I would think Cummings was classified as civil servant?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe it was Tony Blair who got the law changed, Senior Spads are paid by the Civil service (our taxes), but don't go through any of the recruitment/structural requirements of Civil servants.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here