Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Public Sector pay freeze

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2009/oct/06/george-osborne-conservatives

hmmm

Does this even mean anything?

and what does this mean?

Like any party is going to doing ANYTHING to upset the bankers.

Not one of them has said a thing about the fact they are letting the banks borrow OUR tax payers money at 0.3% giving 0.5 interest to savers on their money and charging 7% on overdrafts and anything up to 29.9% on loans!

Its a complete swindle

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Job creation can only really be solved by the creation of new small businesses or persuading existing businesses to take on more staff.

To do this businesses either need capital or tax breaks. Unfortunately, there's not much spare cash sloshing around, and the young entrepreneurs of the future are presently saddled with student and credit card debt.

In addition, the growth of the public sector and the increase in benefits and "have it easy" lifestyle has, IMHO, stifled entrepreneurial spirit.

If Cameron was worth his salt he would come up with bold policies like "No Employers NI for the first year of salary on a new employee". Having recruited staff myself in the last 2 years the recruitment fees are a big disincentive and impact on cashflow significantly. The government need to help cushion the blow, and the easiest way would be a credit via the PAYE system and lower corporate tax.

I'm a small owner-manager of a limited company, it's me and 3 other staff and every year we pay around £64K in VAT, PAYE/NI and CT. So every month I'm responsible for seeing the government get more than £5K in taxes, yet I've had no assistance with the costs of recruitment, training, renting a bigger office etc.

Maggie correctly identified that small businesses were key. Cameron's just tinkering, he's not coming up with REAL policies to make a difference.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Is it not possible to make all benefit claims time related. ie if you have been on JSA for 6 months it is reduced automatically by 50% after each 6month period. The problem I see with that is in the case of families the adult claimers would have the deficit made up by Income Support but at least it may stop the youngster never working from school age etc.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Job creation can only really be solved by the creation of new small businesses or persuading existing businesses to take on more staff.

To do this businesses either need capital or tax breaks. Unfortunately, there's not much spare cash sloshing around, and the young entrepreneurs of the future are presently saddled with student and credit card debt.

In addition, the growth of the public sector and the increase in benefits and "have it easy" lifestyle has, IMHO, stifled entrepreneurial spirit.

If Cameron was worth his salt he would come up with bold policies like "No Employers NI for the first year of salary on a new employee". Having recruited staff myself in the last 2 years the recruitment fees are a big disincentive and impact on cashflow significantly. The government need to help cushion the blow, and the easiest way would be a credit via the PAYE system and lower corporate tax.

I'm a small owner-manager of a limited company, it's me and 3 other staff and every year we pay around £64K in VAT, PAYE/NI and CT. So every month I'm responsible for seeing the government get more than £5K in taxes, yet I've had no assistance with the costs of recruitment, training, renting a bigger office etc.

Maggie correctly identified that small businesses were key. Cameron's just tinkering, he's not coming up with REAL policies to make a difference.

I'm becoming convinced that small businesses are not wanted by governments - they prefer large corporations that can help control a growing population by paying wages into bank accounts and taking tax from source ie the large employer. Much better than having small businesses that struggle to pay VAT NICC & PAYE and then go bust on them.

larus

I'm becoming convinced that small businesses are not wanted by governments - they prefer large corporations that can help control a growing population by paying wages into bank accounts and taking tax from source ie the large employer. Much better than having small businesses that struggle to pay VAT NICC & PAYE and then go bust on them.

The facts don't agree with that. More people are self-employed or employed in small companies (under 10 staff), than in 'large' companies. Don't know if this includes those employed by the government though!!!!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
If Cameron was worth his salt he would come up with bold policies like "No Employers NI for the first year of salary on a new employee".

Would that give you an incentive to sack people after a year and recruit a replacement though?

Maggie correctly identified that small businesses were key.

Identifying the contribution that small businesses is one thing, helping them is another though.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Means test all benefits.
Weed out the IB scroungers from the genuine article. Any savings should be passed back to the genuine disabled and their carers.
Anybody on JSA should be forced to do voluntary community work. The fact is, just stopping their benefits is not going to create jobs. So get them used to working with the voluntary stuff so when a real job comes along it's not such a shock to the system.
If any of the banks show massive profits this year, hit them with a windfall tax. They are the bastards that caused this mess with irresponsible lending and now they are being propped up by our taxes, they refuse to lend.
Re-introduce powers to Ofgem to control energy prices. Another market where companies have been ready to fleece the consumer when oil prices rise but are too slow when they come back down again.
Tax any company that uses overseas call centres. They cost jobs in the uk and most of the bloody time are useless and a pain to deal with.

Abolish second home allowance for MPs and make there pay relevant to their attendance at the House of Commons and the number of votes cast. Each PPC should be voted for by their constituency party members and not the respective party head office.

Ban second jobs for MPs. It's a load of bollocks that they need them to know how business operates. Are they going to spend a few weeks living rough so they know what that's like? Are they going to spend a few weeks in Helmand so they know what that's like? Are they f***.

Crime - build more prisons and keep bastards lock up for their entire sentence unless they have demonstrated rehabilitation and exceptional good behaviour. No reduced sentences for anyone in jail for a second time.
Ban supermarkets from selling crates of booze at ridiculous prices. Lets get back to a society where, if you want a drink, you go to licenced premises. It will keep our pubs open, create jobs and hopefully prevent underage scum walking the streets pissed. Landlords and club owners who are irresponsible lose their licence.

Finally, all England games home and away to be shown on BBC TV.

(oh and I forgot, just for Bushy, demolish Eton)

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Typical tories - huge tax cuts for inheritance tax paid for by hitting the weakest. Am I surprised? - not at all. We need some smart thinking about the economy not same old

I did honestly think that Shameron was going to change politics in this country for the better and really I am the one who should have known better .....same old, same old

And with with their public spending cuts, they'll be thousands more unemployed

that does not surprise one little bit and again......same old, same old

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
MPs should have to get "student" type loans to get them through their parlimentry years and fund their temporary homes.

After all they all seem to earn fortunes when they finish their duty and like graduates it won't take them long to pay it off

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here