Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Ting Tings

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I saw The Ting Tings on Saturday night at Concorde2. I thought they were brilliant. Someone mentioned that they were poor live, and 'that's not my name' was especially poor. I struggle to believe this as they did a lengthy version of this track and it was amazing the way they worked it and the crowd certainly liked it.

I heard the girl on Radio 1 saturday morning, she was at Newport Pagnal service station on route to that nights gig in Newcastle, she said that the Brighton gig the night before was the best yet. Definately putting in the miles Brighton one night Newcastle the next.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I see you are 40 in a few months, Pavilionaire, welcome to middle age. :lolol:

I'm considerably older than Mr Pav and I like them a lot, it's not an age thing, it's a snob thing, I bet Pav listens to Coldplay.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Or maybe it's just a taste thing, eh? I don't like them, I don't like Coldplay. I have a really eclectic taste in music. Doesn't mean that my opinions are any more or less valid than anyone elses, does it?

O shut up you toss pot, he wasnt having a go.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
wtf is wrong with you? Jesus, people express an opinion, get shot down, I defend him and for some unknown reason that fucks you off?:shrug:

It's a messageboard. This isn't real life. :wave:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'm considerably older than Mr Pav and I like them a lot, it's not an age thing, it's a snob thing, I bet Pav listens to Coldplay.

Have to agree, good little novelty song imo. No idea what their other stuff is like and no doubt overplay of this one is gonna make it fecking irritating BUT it IS a good pop song.

I'm not making a comparison of talent here but the oldies in the '50's hated Buddy Holly for allegedly making a din with that electic guitar thingy. Older people traditionally don't like modern pop music. I'm no different I want to run from the room screaming when I hear gangsta rap..

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Or maybe it's just a taste thing, eh? I don't like them, I don't like Coldplay. I have a really eclectic taste in music. Doesn't mean that my opinions are any more or less valid than anyone elses, does it?

My point was simply what right has anybody got to dismiss anybody as 'crap' just because they don't like them. There's a whole load of genres I don't like and even within the ones I do there's a load of bands that will make me return my radio, Pink Floyd and Queen are but two bands I don't care for but I can hardly dismiss them because of my personal tastes.

I would say that my tastes are reasonably eclectic but I don't pretend to be the arbiter of good taste. If I hear a bit of music I like it's immaterial who or what made it, it's just something I find agreeable.

My point was simply what right has anybody got to dismiss anybody as 'crap' just because they don't like them. There's a whole load of genres I don't like and even within the ones I do there's a load of bands that will make me return my radio, Pink Floyd and Queen are but two bands I don't care for but I can hardly dismiss them because of my personal tastes.

I would say that my tastes are reasonably eclectic but I don't pretend to be the arbiter of good taste. If I hear a bit of music I like it's immaterial who or what made it, it's just something I find agreeable.

Yeah I see your point; but at the same time he was only voicing an opinion. I say a lot of things are 'crap' without putting 'in my opinion' in front of them, but that's what I mean. I don't mean to be the only judge of musical ability/good-ness.

Sorry if I was offensive earlier :down::kiss:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent

Oh I see, so you're trying to win the 'Most Pretentious Poster' award. I just love the way some people rave on about some artist that virtually nobody has ever heard of.

I listen of XFM in the main so does that make me cool ? Actually I just listen to that station as I prefer the music they play, no other reason. I have no idea who Pendulum are and I would hazard a guess that most people haven't. Still they must be good if you say so.

Double Hard Bastard

Oct 16, 2006
Vampire Weekend were quality at the electric ballroom last tuesday! Any body else been to see them? If not get along asap their shit hot!

Kukev31

Feb 2, 2005
Birmingham
Oh I see, so you're trying to win the 'Most Pretentious Poster' award. I just love the way some people rave on about some artist that virtually nobody has ever heard of.

I listen of XFM in the main so does that make me cool ? Actually I just listen to that station as I prefer the music they play, no other reason. I have no idea who Pendulum are and I would hazard a guess that most people haven't. Still they must be good if you say so.

I'm not a massive fan of Pendulum but I'd assume a lot of people have heard of them to be fair.

Padders

Jul 5, 2003
Cheadle Hulme
Very good last night, in my opinion only of course.

CD (album) arrived this morning and I am looking forward to playing it over an over in the car.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here