Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The talent we've let go in recent seasons due to mis management

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
So were the fans who used to abuse Knight at every chance. The vitriol hurled at him during home games by people who should have been pleased we had a talented goalscorer was close to disgraceful.

I don't think anyone can blame him for the way he has spoken about Brighton since leaving, considering the all round treatment he got when he was here.

agreed

The trouble is that we have some so called supporters who are now doing the same sort of thing towards some of our current squad, wait til the player has had enough of it and leaves, i bet you might get some similar type of quotes from them too, or the surprise from someof those fans moaning about the loanees if they then decide against signing as a result.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
agreed

The trouble is that we have some so called supporters who are now doing the same sort of thing towards some of our current squad, wait til the player has had enough of it and leaves, i bet you might get some similar type of quotes from them too, or the surprise from someof those fans moaning about the loanees if they then decide against signing as a result.

Is your name actually Micky Adams?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
A decent manager could have embraced Knight's ability.

I honestly think his time here at Withdean was a crossroads in his career. Sadly for him, and ultimately us, we know which way it went.

But, for one season or more he was on fire.

Can't disagree with that.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Everyone - EVERYONE - embraced Leon Knight's ability. Managers, players, fans - the lot.

Everyone at the club (including Coppell), bar his little gang, despised his attitude and his manner.

Anyone solely blaming his time at Brighton for his subsequent fall from grace through the divisions is living in a fantasy state.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
And who selected to take Paul McCarthy on loan rather than Roy Keane?

That is re-writing history, seeing as it was Paul McCarthy who recommended to the club that we take a look at Roy.

1066gull

Joel Lynch
Dean Hammond
Wayne Henderson
Seb Carole
Alex Frutos
George O'Callaghan

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
well in that f***ing spirit. was it mullers who chose robert codner ahead of ian wright?

I think it was Chris Cattlin who chose Steve Penney over Ian Wright.......& Penney was a full international long before Wright, he also played in the 1986 world cup finals.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here