Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The talent we've let go in recent seasons due to mis management

Ah - sorry, my evidence is soley based on what I have read on here as 'fact'!

Schoolboy error!

IMHO, it's all very well bemoaning the fact that these players, Darius Henderson being another one, have gone on to better things but invariably they weren't actually very good for Brighton - I don't remember any real outcry when Iwelumo, CKR or Henderson left. Whether that's down to mis-management (which would have to levelled at Coppell as well as McGhee) or simply the fact they couldn't settle at Withdean is the real question.

Conversely, it's interesting how indifferently some of our so-called young stars have fared since leaving: Virgo, Harding, Hammond. Is that down to how WELL managed they were here?

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Steve Sidwell

Don't know about this... gutted we didn't get him but wasn't just what Reading offered a lot better than we could?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Okay maybe Steve Sidwell was pushing it a bit, it does strike me that we could have SNARED him if we had pushed the boat out a bit.

fyi the term mis-management is not limited to the manager. It's the club as a whole.

Wayne Gray (I reckon he would have signed for us).

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Okay maybe Steve Sidwell was pushing it a bit, it does strike me that we could have SNARED him if we had pushed the boat out a bit.
We acted too late. I think Pardew went to Arsenal with an offer of £200k and we then matched it. We were heading for relegation in a 7,000 seat athletics track, they were in a 24,000 stadium and mid-table. From that point there was only ever going to be one winner. :(

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
martin keown

rainer bonhoff

Roy Keane

Ian Wright

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I swear on this website people make things up to suit their opinions. McGhee was never popular here with you lot.

Here's a McGhee quote, he knew exactly how good CKR could be that's why we brought him here:

Quote:
We brought him to Brighton because he had potential but he was impossible to work with. I can't say anything positive about the boy apart from he had potential and he has still got potential. How he is in the Turkey team I don't know but their manager has taken them to the last four so he knows what he's doing.

It's funny how McGhee considered CKR as unmanagable, Leon Knight was unmanagable, Mark McCammon was unmanagable, etc, etc, yet other managers never had the same problems with players that McGhee did.

Part of the problem i felt was that if McGhee ever fell out with or was questioned by a player, then that player was deemed unmanagable and had to go rather than McGhee being able to forgive or to be able to work with them again even if the player apologised for any outburst

It is also telling that the players he fell out with were our better players, those who may have been unhappy with the constant critism by McGhee such as his constant line of we have know strikers / players here - despite having CKR or Knight. - Also was skin colour an issue to McGhee as the players he deemed unmanagable were all black? or was that just coinsidence?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here