Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The talent we've let go in recent seasons due to mis management

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Chris Iwelumo was mis-management because the manager didn't think he was good enough for the championship. He is 3rd in the Championship top scorer list at the moment and surely would have been top were it not for a few weeks out due to injury.

Although, I very much doubt that he would have enjoyed the same level of service from the wingers at Brighton as he does with Wolves.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
İbrahim Tatlıses;2729460 said:
Don't make stuff up strings. We couldn't afford to give him what he demanded so he left for Germany.

Ah - sorry, my evidence is soley based on what I have read on here as 'fact'!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Chris Iwelumo was mis-management because the manager didn't think he was good enough for the championship. He is 3rd in the Championship top scorer list at the moment and surely would have been top were it not for a few weeks out due to injury.

Although, I very much doubt that he would have enjoyed the same level of service from the wingers at Brighton as he does with Wolves.

Not forgetting the small matter of being offered UEFA Cup football by signing for Aachen.

:rolleyes:

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey

Nail.... head.. you've answered yourself... not mismanagement just recognising the fact that we couldn't play to his strengths.

Actually I'm being a bit disingenious here... I always understood Iwelumo didn't want to stay.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Not forgetting the small matter of being offered UEFA Cup football by signing for Aachen.

:rolleyes:
And then after one season was desperate to re sign for us but our manager at the time said he was not good enough for the Championship (despite wanting him a year earlier). And then we signed Turienzo.

Sergio Torres.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Good players not offered what they should have been or treated in a way that made them want to leave.

My go again, Leon Knight.

hahahahahahahahahhahhahaha. Chappers you ARE funny. Leons subsequent career I think puts paid to that accusation.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Good players not offered what they should have been or treated in a way that made them want to leave.

My go again, Leon Knight.

That would have more weight if he hadn't been to and left acrimoniously a number of clubs since. Think that's more down to his unbalanced personality than mis-management!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here