Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

the swan inn , falmer

newhaven seagull 85

SELDOM IN NEWHAVEN
Dec 3, 2006
have applied for planning permission for a new entrance and car parking .

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Wouldn't it be a shame if people objected...

scooter1

How soon is now?
If he was planning to cash in he should pick his pub up and put it on the other side of the A27. I can't see he'll get a lot of football trade where he is. Most fans would be better placed going to the Uni bars, nearer the station and cheaper - thats assuming there would be no issues surrounding non-students getting a drink in there. There never was in all the years I worked over the road at Southern Water and drank in the Uni bars at lunchtimes

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
I heard he was in support of the stadium and had been for a few years, don't know where that came from though?

His bank manager ???

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I got a PM from a certain well-known NSC member telling me that the landlord was closing down the pub and converting it back to houses - so much for that rumour.

Would the uni bars be open? They seem to have strange opening hours, I tried to get a drink there when I went to a concert at the Gardner Centre and they were shut - it was only 6.45 in the evening.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
If he was planning to cash in he should pick his pub up and put it on the other side of the A27. I can't see he'll get a lot of football trade where he is. Most fans would be better placed going to the Uni bars, nearer the station and cheaper - thats assuming there would be no issues surrounding non-students getting a drink in there. There never was in all the years I worked over the road at Southern Water and drank in the Uni bars at lunchtimes

I thought The Swan was in the half of the village on the south side of the A27 but then i've never actually been in the village

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
I am not AT ALL suggesting that you go to

http://www.lewes.gov.uk/AF3/an/default.aspx/RenderForm/?F.Name=JbZraDFbFHu

And fill in the details to lodge an objection to application number LW/07/0813 before August 24th. Oh no.

I feel that a new pub entrance and car park will UTTERLY RUIN the beautiful view across the HISTORIC chalk downs to the SUPERB new stadium for the community. What's more, to allow more people to use the pub car park is BOUND to lead to an increase in drinking and driving, meaning that pubgoers are MORE LIKELY to collide with members of the local bat community.

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Would a large ugly car-park not impinge upon the tranquility of this historic, beautiful, unspoilt downland village?

scooter1

How soon is now?
I heard he was in support of the stadium and had been for a few years, don't know where that came from though?

I'd say judging by the Anti-Football stadium petitions in both bars he was'nt fully in support of our new ground.

As for location, its on the university side of the A27 - on the Lewes side of the footbridge - hardly even Falmer really, more of a no mans land. IMHO its a horrible little place regardless of the landlords political leanings

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
There are much better, economically viable, feasable places around Sussex to have a new car park.
May I suggest to him that he considers putting the car park at either
Brighton Station
Upper Beeding Cement Works
Toads Hole Valley
Sheepcote Valley
Coral Greyhounds Stadium
Shoreham Harbour

At any of those sites, there is less chance of vehicle/badger collisions than at the AONB of Falmer Haven

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here