Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Specials - Brighton Centre tonight

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
well you lot had better get yer kilts on and wrap those tea towels round you heads for the next " sensational " re-tread.. Spandau Ballet :laugh:

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Was good, very good but sad to say the Beighton Centre is a horrible venue, so preferred Brixton earlier this year

The whole Brixton - Brighton thing made me laugh last night. Apart from Brixton having that great slope so you can see the band wherever you are the crowd summed up the venues.

Brixton crowd all in rude boy uniform, braces, loafers, DM's, women with mulleted skinheads, the works, was like going back in time. The place exploded on the lively numbers.

Brighton crowd, hippies, rastas, rudeboys, punks, parents with kids, middle aged school teachers dressed in like. On the lively numbers you could still saunter around or jump to the front in a few moves.

Great gig. How I love Brighton at times.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
quick, get on board !

Attachments

• spandau-ballet.jpg
    spandau-ballet.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 370

goring dazza

Jul 19, 2004
Goring
What a fab gig! All those that saw them first time round and think they couldn't capture it all again well ur loss lol! They are better than first time round as much tighter!
That was my 6th time this year seeing them and still got Hammersmith next week and cant f***ing wait!
Seen Madness loads of times and love em but nothing compares to The Specials!
You couldn't breathe in the mosh pit lol!
:rave::rave::rave::rave::rave:

rudeboy

Sep 17, 2008
what a load of crap. tighter what do you mean by that? i went both times and 81 down the old top rank suite beat this hands down.

markw

Aug 28, 2009
can you explain tighter what the fk is that all about?

I went in 1979 and on last thursday and at a guess i would say its just a word used to say they are better, which i agree with. In 30 years the standards have been raised, better equipment, better lighting, better management,better sound systems, better organisation and the fact that they have all become better musicians over the years makes it a great concert, the only thing that has changed a little is Nevilles and Terry's voices :clap: saying that i enjoyed both eras all the same and thank them for making me a happy man all these years later, i love the specials :D

rudeboy

Sep 17, 2008
thanks for clearing that up mark. is that what you had it down as goring dazz?
i prefer the selector any day of the week only my opinion though

goring dazza

Jul 19, 2004
Goring
Yeah thanks Mark exactly what i meant! Musically they are better now but obviously cant capture that moment in time when it was all fresh and raw and that special atmosphere but none the less absolute quality performance the other night!
Off to Hammersmith for tonights gig and can't wait!:D
Personally The Selecter are great and would love to see them live if they all get back together (ive heard rumours) but still not in the same league as The Specials:bowdown::bowdown:

markw

Aug 28, 2009
Yeah thanks Mark exactly what i meant! Musically they are better now but obviously cant capture that moment in time when it was all fresh and raw and that special atmosphere but none the less absolute quality performance the other night!
Off to Hammersmith for tonights gig and can't wait!:D
Personally The Selecter are great and would love to see them live if they all get back together (ive heard rumours) but still not in the same league as The Specials:bowdown::bowdown:

I have a seat ticket for Hammersmith tonight but do not think i can make it :mad: I know what you are saying about selecter, i loved all ska back in the day but the Specials are in the premier league.

markw

Aug 28, 2009
I have just got back,they get better and better, great gig tonight and i had a seat although everybody stood in their seats.... Legends :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

goring dazza

Jul 19, 2004
Goring
I have just got back,they get better and better, great gig tonight and i had a seat although everybody stood in their seats.... Legends :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
I agree another fantastic performance:thumbsup:
This was my 7th and usually in the mosh pit but this time stood at the back and just admired how good they really are!:clap::clap::clap::clap:
Heres to 2010 and what looks like a European tour could be on the cards:drink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here