Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Specials - Brighton Centre tonight

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Shut it, you schlaaaaaaagggggg.

You're in for a treat tonight, me old mucker. If Brixton that Friday was anything to go by this will be the gig that you measure all other gigs by.

Nice one, looking forward to it. Never seen them before, so don't quite know what to expect. Won't bother with the acts before The Specials though, will just get in there for 8.30/9.00.

:drink:

The best 'indie' band out at the moment also come from Coventry. There's a bit of useless information for ya'.:lolol:

Lush

Mods' Pet
I wasn't going to go but my sister had a spare ticket, as I saw them at the Top Rank in 1979 on the Two Tone tour with Madness and The Selecter, and am kind of keen to preserve the memory.

The thought of The Brighton Centre (bleargh) full of forty-somethings re-living their youth and younger people playing catch-up fills me with dread a bit. I hope I'm not being elitist and I'm sure everyone has a fantastic time. I dunno, it's probably just me who feels like this ...

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I wasn't going to go but my sister had a spare ticket, as I saw them at the Top Rank in 1979 on the Two Tone tour with Madness and The Selecter, and am kind of keen to preserve the memory.

The thought of The Brighton Centre (bleargh) full of forty-somethings re-living their youth and younger people playing catch-up fills me with dread a bit. I hope I'm not being elitist and I'm sure everyone has a fantastic time. I dunno, it's probably just me who feels like this ...

I may have been stood by you back in 79......

what a night that was!!!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest

Im 37 what does that make me then :down:

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire

I have to agree. Its all a bit sad

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Fancy a beer later?

Spoke to a fella in Doha who saw them last week in Margate, he said not to bother with the support.

Myself and Tubby will be in town from 6ish.

will text you later, meeting Liz at Brighton station at 7pm and then heading for some food!

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
I won't hide the fact that I'm looking forward to the Madness concert , in 13 days time more! :blush:.

Still, well up for tonight though.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
They had ONE on sale in Jump The Gun earlier, when I was in there.
My Navy Blue Harrington will be making it's debut tonight.

Are you mental Mr Dazo ???

either that or you aint seen them before ???

The custom is when they come on people throw the beer all over the show, well it was in brixton both times i went this year.

Save ya new jacket or put it in the cloakroom, young man

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Are you mental Mr Dazo ???

either that or you aint seen them before ???

The custom is when they come on people throw the beer all over the show, well it was in brixton both times i went this year.

Save ya new jacket or put it in the cloakroom, young man

Really? Are you allowed beer in the main bit then?
Also, are they strict on I.D in the centre?

Cheers :drink:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Really? Are you allowed beer in the main bit then?
Also, are they strict on I.D in the centre?

Cheers :drink:

No of course not, Only wine gums for you sunshine :lolol:

I.D ..............Oh to be asked such a question, sorry last time i was asked for id was about 5 years ago, im that old now i dont even get asked for id in the states anymore . :glare:

Enjoy :wink:

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes

I think I was there at the Suite with you and your sis (or maybe that was The Beat slightly later), but I took the same view I didn't want to try and relive things now we are all middle aged! Part of me is regretting this and wishing I was going tonight, but only part of me! Say hi to Lesley.

PG

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here