Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The 'special' player

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I don't know about contracts or what not, just saw him taking a tour of the ground with Tony, Gus and another coach (not sure who).

I only registered to let you guys know this, hopefully we are signing him, however rumor has it he has also been offered a deal at Leeds?

Would be a risk but would definitely cause a stir if he signs! See you at the Amex! :bhasign:

So could be Woodgate then. Or Alan Smith?

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
Well he has played for England and Real Madrid, kinda shows his talent.
...... I was jesting btw

I don't think there are too many who wouldn't be excited by him signing, but the reason he hasn't stayed at Spurs is because he won't accept "pay as you play deal"

If we pay him £15 / 20 k a week (or whatever) for a year or two and he only plays 5/10 games a season I think fans attitudes will change. It would all be in the deal.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I don't know about contracts or what not, just saw him taking a tour of the ground with Tony, Gus and another coach (not sure who).

I only registered to let you guys know this, hopefully we are signing him, however rumor has it he has also been offered a deal at Leeds?
Would be a risk but would definitely cause a stir if he signs! See you at the Amex! :bhasign:

Game over,,got to be Alan Smith,,,,,would be great imo

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
does_he_look_like_a_bitch.jpg

This is the FUNNIEST post I have ever seen on here, f***ing congratulations man I laughed loudly for a long time

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
MrK has already indicated that it's Woodgate, but please carry on guessing who it was! :wave:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
This is the FUNNIEST post I have ever seen on here, f***ing congratulations man I laughed loudly for a long time

as did I. top work fella

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Thank f*** he's named Woodgate. I had a horrible fear it was going to be Sol Campbell.

Woodgate when (if ever) fit is a superb defender

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
the reason he hasn't stayed at Spurs is because he won't accept "pay as you play deal".
Presumably that would be because of injury worries, in which case we'd struggle (understatement) to offer a better deal than spurs. Doesn't make sense.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Joking a side, I was told yesterday by a Scaffolder (good honest trade, so can trust everything they say!!) who said he no's John Keeley and He said that Woodgate has been there a couple of times with a view of signing on a pay as you play contract, I wasnt going to say anyhting as I can be bothered with rumours, but hey maybe theres some truth in it...

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I have recently got a job working at the new stadium, I can't tell you what my job as this is confidential, .

What, is the stadium a new facility for MI5/6 now? What on earth sort fo job at the Amex could be confidential? :tosser:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Can someone remind me how many 1st team games Woodgate has played in the last 3 seasons? If he's the special one I'm seriously underwhelmed as I was with Kitson although I accept both were/are fine players, more than good enough to wear the stripes, when fit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here