Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The single worst televised game of football I have ever seen

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
I was half-watching the game in the first half and thought it was alright. I thought the second half was pretty exciting and we played well and shaded it. I must have been watching a different game to some on here.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
I didn't think it was that bad either. You should see some of the Conference games they show, or the early FA cup rounds. Actually some of the lower Premiership games used to be pretty rotten too.

The single worst televised game of football I have ever seen?

Somebody obviously doesn't remember watching us against Orient for Shilton's 1000th game.

I have that game on video if anyone has forgotten and actually still has a video player. Amazing match, with our one effort being Derek Allan shooting from 40 yards. I dont know why i taped it as i was there? To prolong the agony maybe?

Surf 'n' Turf

Sep 21, 2008
I am chuffed we won.

But all to aware that some people on here will be heralding this as a reason to keep the faith for another six months...

Yes and that is how it is going to be, Adams is going nowhere and I'm glad.

So please come back in 6 months.

nobody's dupe

Old Fart
Feb 12, 2004
I'm behind you!
I was amused when the television camera dwelt on Ken Barnard the kit man and had a caption underneath CRICHTON. Just imagine if Sully had been injured and Tash had come on his place. I think we would have had our chips.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Does it matter how we played? WE DAMNED WELL WON!!!!!!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
To be honest if you didn't know it was a cup match you would have believed it was a top of the table clash in League 2. Some nice touches here and there but we didn't impress over the 90 minutes as we should have done.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
To be honest if you didn't know it was a cup match you would have believed it was a top of the table clash in League 2. Some nice touches here and there but we didn't impress over the 90 minutes as we should have done.

I blame negative tactics by MA, seems as though we went there to win on Penalties from the very start and thats the view of a few people in the pub I was in (including moi), shit live game of the highest order!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I blame negative tactics by MA, seems as though we went there to win on Penalties from the very start and thats the view of a few people in the pub I was in (including moi), shit live game of the highest order!
Micky's tactics were affected by the injury picked up by Muzza last Friday which basically meant we only had one striker as Fleetwood was ineligible.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Micky's tactics were affected by the injury picked up by Muzza last Friday which basically meant we only had one striker as Fleetwood was ineligible.

like we said in the pub, why did'nt Fraser or Robinson then start up front alongside Forster!?!

Horney

Oct 12, 2008
Does it matter how we played? WE DAMNED WELL WON!!!!!!

Exactly...Thats all that matters....Thats why I went to bed in a good mood last night...went to work today with a spring in the step and head held high.
I would give every good performance in BHA history for a crap performance in the 1983 FA Cup Final and a WIN !!!!!!
I only go to see Brighton win and I am a miserable git when they don't ( it ruins the whole weekend )..Lets see another horrendous performance v Luton resulting in a WIN !!! and then an appalling display at Wembley with NForster esq lifting the trophy.
Sod the performance...we were pretty ordinary at the Millenium Stadium but we won !!!!
Playing well and not winning stinks....we have a group of players who have set their sights on Wembley and I believe we are going to get there.

-----------------------------------------------------------
As Mullery strode purposefully towards Bamber he felt a million dollars...he'd privately agreed a deal with Big Ron the night before...his star player was going to Man. Utd for a huge fee.
Little did he realise the bombshell the chairman was just about to drop...................

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
the worst televised game - rubbish

There have been an aweful lot of televised Premiership matches that were far worse, they were extremely boring to watch, there have been Premiership matches where neither side has even managed to have a shot on target, Our match wasn't a bad game to watch, and we won so either cheer up, or please go and support another team if you only support the Albion because you expect top drawer premiership quality and you will moan if the team fail to deliver.

Thats one of the things about football, which makes people turn up and watch - that you never know what will happen, what the result will be, or how either side will play.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here