Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The single worst televised game of football I have ever seen

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Oh forgot to add, if we conducted a poll as seems to be the fashion these days. Would we come out on top as the Club with the most moaners and whingers. Because you lot would f***ing moan that if you were left stranded in the desert and and were thirsty, then when a saviour came up with a bucket of water to quench your thirst you would moan that it wasn't bottled mineral water. So get real and enjoy life.

Seconded.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
The single worst televised game of football I have ever seen?

Somebody obviously doesn't remember watching us against Orient for Shilton's 1000th game.

blackpool at withdean a couple of years back???

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Watching it on television was quite sobering.

And there in lies your problem. I've no idea what it looked like on tele, but being there was pretty damn good to me. A decent game, penalties, a win, standing and a good atmos.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Oh forgot to add, if we conducted a poll as seems to be the fashion these days. Would we come out on top as the Club with the most moaners and whingers. Because you lot would f***ing moan that if you were left stranded in the desert and and were thirsty, then when a saviour came up with a bucket of water to quench your thirst you would moan that it wasn't bottled mineral water. So get real and enjoy life.

Well really... is it that much harder to carry a few bottles of water than a bucket? Not to mention if you have a bucket it's open and the breeze could blow sand in the water that isn't slopped out from swinging the bucket as he walks. It's not too much to ask for bottled water, is it?!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
the match was a great advert for non-league football!

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
As the landlord in my local pub said. 'Thank God I only have to put up with this team darkening my TV screens once a year'

One of the locals even went home to his wife rather than be subjected to the 2nd Half. Its the earliest I've seen him leave the pub and I don't think he has spoken to her in about 20 years either. From a neutral perspective - A truly dire game of football.

footychick

Nicola
Dec 8, 2005
Soham, United Kingdom
Lord Large is absolutely SPOT ON.
It was nowhere NEAR as good as Barcelona v Real Madrid the other night. Not even close. I tune in to Shrewsbury v Brighton fully expecting to see dazzling skills on the ball, audacious wing play, samba-style tricks and flicks from the forwards, grace and guile from the defenders, and all played out amongst a cauldron-like atmosphere with fireworks and shit. Incredibly, I saw NONE of that.

I want my money back.

:D:D:D

I thoroughly enjoyed it too although I was a bag of nerves towards the end.

Last edited:

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Oh forgot to add, if we conducted a poll as seems to be the fashion these days. Would we come out on top as the Club with the most moaners and whingers. Because you lot would f***ing moan that if you were left stranded in the desert and and were thirsty, then when a saviour came up with a bucket of water to quench your thirst you would moan that it wasn't bottled mineral water.

Make that a hat-trick of us. :thumbsup:

I'm glad I got off my arse; took advantage of the free transport laid on; & played some small part in helping our lads achieve a much-needed victory. Great atmosphere last night created by us all too. :clap:

So, if any of you negative bastards are reading this: please - at the very least - stay the f*** away from the Luton matches, as the live Albion experience will again be a damn sight better without your presence.

Just seeing our players live, especially our local lads made me feel so warm inside and made me realise how much i really do love the Albion. 5 years of watching text commentry and listening to radio commentry just isnt the same. I really cannot wait untill i come back to see the start of next season when i am back in England. I dont care what league or position we are in i just cannot wait to watch my local football team play and get the feeling that i have had all day. It is truely remarkable.

Internet TV football is now of a watchable quality (just), so I don't know why the FL is not exploiting this world-wide market for every match.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Make that a hat-trick of us. :thumbsup:

I'm glad I got off my arse; took advantage of the free transport laid on; & played some small part in helping our lads achieve a much-needed victory. Great atmosphere last night created by us all too. :clap:

So, if any of you negative bastards are reading this: please - at the very least - stay the f*** away from the Luton matches, as the live Albion experience will again be a damn sight better without your presence.

I have to agree to the comments with regards to the atmosphere. I had a really good time, got home and had totally lost my voice. I was really proud to be a Brighton fan last night.
:)

Slough Seagull

Bye Bye Slough
Nov 23, 2006
And there in lies your problem. I've no idea what it looked like on tele, but being there was pretty damn good to me. A decent game, penalties, a win, standing and a good atmos.

well said! - football on TV is a very poor substitute for being at a game.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Yes, we won which was good.

But the game was rubbish. Shrewsbury just looked a long-ball team. Thankfully that played into our hands somewhat.

Patched up team? Well Sullivan has played in goal during some of our better wins this season and losing Hawkins was hardly a huge blow.

I would say the only real loss was not having Johnson and Murray.

Shrewsbury look like they will indeed be promoted this season, at times our midfield was absolutely crap. When Nicky won a header he had absolutely no support upfront. Hopefully Glenn will be back for Saturday, or we will be stuffed.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Any neutral watching that would have been bored shitless, but given Shrewsbury are prolific at home the Albion had the better of the match and deserve enormous credit for getting through.

Seagull's Return

Nov 7, 2003
Brighton
Any neutral watching that would have been bored shitless, but given Shrewsbury are prolific at home the Albion had the better of the match and deserve enormous credit for getting through.

Agreed (well, maybe not enormous credit, but credit nonetheless) - and there aren't all that many matches at this level a neutral would enjoy much anyway, really, are there?

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
:D:D:D

I thoroughly enjoyed it too although I was a bag of nerves towards the end.

Likewise, watched it thanks to some bloke called Justin...it was my first sight of the Albion this season as I am yet to attend a game, have to say that I thought we were better than many of the doom-mongers on here would have us believe...unless of course that was a flash in the pan and we are usually rubbish!

For a side that is probably fairly low in confidence to take on another that is doing very well thank you it is always going to be a bit of a hard one to call, but I thought we nullified the shrews pretty well and were good value for a win in a difficult away fixture.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Some right victor meldrews in ere ffs! you need to get out more! even if it means leaving ya pc ! go on you can do it! go to a game! nah thats too fooking scary eh? :shrug:

SICKASAGULL

Aug 26, 2007
Now that we can see the standard of Div2 football it should give the team a boost to avoid relegation otherwise they will only need two turnstiles next
season

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here