Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The single worst televised game of football I have ever seen

Lord Large is absolutely SPOT ON.
It was nowhere NEAR as good as Barcelona v Real Madrid the other night. Not even close. I tune in to Shrewsbury v Brighton fully expecting to see dazzling skills on the ball, audacious wing play, samba-style tricks and flicks from the forwards, grace and guile from the defenders, and all played out amongst a cauldron-like atmosphere with fireworks and shit. Incredibly, I saw NONE of that.

I want my money back.

So do I. I will be emailing Justin TV shortly.

Slough Seagull

Bye Bye Slough
Nov 23, 2006
it was a better game than the Man Ure v Chelsea cup final a couple of years back - that really was a pile of overhyped shite!

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Nice to win, but that was absolutely dire.

It resembled one of the early round FA Cup games between a League 2 team and some non-league minnows the BBC insist on screening. But without the romance...

I just can't believe how over the top the pundits were being just to try and make the match sound better. Praising Brighton's creative midfield and movement? Oh DO come on...

Oh, and did Adam Virgo actually do anything?

And why the hell did Thornton get taken off just as he was getting the upper hand on the full-back?

I have not read any other post's, so possibly others have said Similar, but all said and done it was third & fourth division football, and in my opinion that has to be remembered.

And lets be honest, what do you expect the pundits to say ? "Oh that was a load of gash, should'nt have bothered showing the game" :lol: they do the same with premiership games, from a personal point of view i treat the pundits part like i do the adverts, I ignore them.

Just because it was shown live on telly, maybe your expectations were very high ?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I enjoyed it, but then I only watch League 1 football. We won, there was some good end to end stuff and we were not an embarrasment. We also took our penalty tally to 15 out of 15 this season. I didn't get wet or cold and it took me 5 mins to get home after the game. What's to moan about??

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I very much doubt that there's ever been a worse game than the 1968 Cup Final, a truly dreadful spectacle !

Dizzle.

Aug 9, 2008
Perth, Australia
IMHO i think this was the most enjoyable game of football i have watched since i have been here in Australia. I get to see every game every week of the premier league, and none of them have ever been more enjoyable than the game i got up at 4:30 in the morning to watch.

Just seeing our players live, especially our local lads made me feel so warm inside and made me realise how much i really do love the Albion. 5 years of watching text commentry and listening to radio commentry just isnt the same. I really cannot wait untill i come back to see the start of next season when i am back in England. I dont care what league or position we are in i just cannot wait to watch my local football team play and get the feeling that i have had all day. It is truely remarkable.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Lets be honest it was not the greatest game ever not the worst either but its good that Sky even bothered to show the game. The coverage was good IMO and at least the presenters seemed to have a reasonable knowledge of both sides.

We were hardly Brazil last night but a lot of positives to take from the game in particular the performances of Hinsh and Sullivan who were both outstanding

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
I enjoyed it, but then I only watch League 1 football. We won, there was some good end to end stuff and we were not an embarrasment. We also took our penalty tally to 15 out of 15 this season. I didn't get wet or cold and it took me 5 mins to get home after the game. What's to moan about??

14 out of 15 isn't it? Savage. I enjoyed the game too, but I was drinking Harveys including a pint of the Christmas brew.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Or the cup replay at a frozen Goldstone Ground against Fulham. :nono:

Or the away game at Sheffield Wednesday
or the away game at Chester i think when we got a late penalty
or the home FA cup game against Rushdon......................

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Overall, a truly dreadul match, only perked up by 15 minutes in the second half where we actually played well.

Thats because we had all Wilkins players on the pitch :jester:

Dire game, bit of a rubbish cup, not sure why our fans were going so mental when we won the shoot out, but still enjoyable never the less.

It could be like 1983 all over again. Wembley cup final and relegation in the same season :dunce:

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
The game was what it was. Two teams in the lower reaches of the football league. One that has scored a bucketfull of goals and one low on confidence. So I think we did bloody well and I enjoyed it although I wasn't drinking Harveys. So a two legged affair with Luton for a place at Wembley, is the dream still on!!!!

minnieme

Sep 10, 2006
Brighton
Nice to win, but that was absolutely dire.

It resembled one of the early round FA Cup games between a League 2 team and some non-league minnows the BBC insist on screening. But without the romance...

I just can't believe how over the top the pundits were being just to try and make the match sound better. Praising Brighton's creative midfield and movement? Oh DO come on...

Oh, and did Adam Virgo actually do anything?

And why the hell did Thornton get taken off just as he was getting the upper hand on the full-back?

Get a life mate FFS. People moan when we lose & moan when we win, Are you never happy? Some great goalkeeping & second half we looked really good against a team that have scored 10 goals in 4 matches. Support the boys or go follow another team. :salute:

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
Oh forgot to add, if we conducted a poll as seems to be the fashion these days. Would we come out on top as the Club with the most moaners and whingers. Because you lot would f***ing moan that if you were left stranded in the desert and and were thirsty, then when a saviour came up with a bucket of water to quench your thirst you would moan that it wasn't bottled mineral water. So get real and enjoy life.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I tried listening to the SCR commentary with the new guy and Dick Knight, whilst watching the TV. The TV was about 10 seconds behind the radio commentary!

It was strange hearing about something and then seeing it happen 10 seconds later. I gave up after 5 minutes :D

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I tried listening to the SCR commentary with the new guy and Dick Knight, whilst watching the TV. The TV was about 10 seconds behind the radio commentary!

It was strange hearing about something and then seeing it happen 10 seconds later. I gave up after 5 minutes :D

You should have put a bet on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here