Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The sign here if you hate Pompey thread

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
think i might take a drive down to hampshire tomorrow and fill up the car with whatever i like the look of... because seemingly its now okay to thief stuff down that way.

and if caught, i'll just point out that a prison sentence would be a touch inconvenient so perhaps you could just kindly let me off?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Joke. Absolute f***ing joke.

Never liked Pompey in the first place. Now I f***ing hate them.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I hate Pompey. 3 things irked me about their FA Cup Final last year:

The berk of a commentator stating the following:

1. "This would be gibber than a giant killing" - Yeah right, a team of Premier League internationals beating another team of Premier League internationals. WAY bigger than when Barnsley beat Liverpool and Chelsea.

2. "Portsmouth have the best fans in England" - Brighton would fill Wembley if they got to an FA Cup Final. How many Pompey fans will still be there when they are in League One?

3. "Its so hard to support a club through these times" - True, but I imagine its harder being a Stockport fan, or a Southend fan whose board didn't buy two FA Cup Finals.

Also, it'll go to the court of appeals.

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
I hate Pompey. 3 things irked me about their FA Cup Final last year:

The berk of a commentator stating the following:

1. "This would be gibber than a giant killing" - Yeah right, a team of Premier League internationals beating another team of Premier League internationals. WAY bigger than when Barnsley beat Liverpool and Chelsea.

2. "Portsmouth have the best fans in England" - Brighton would fill Wembley if they got to an FA Cup Final. How many Pompey fans will still be there when they are in League One?

3. "Its so hard to support a club through these times" - True, but I imagine its harder being a Stockport fan, or a Southend fan whose board didn't buy two FA Cup Finals.

Also, it'll go to the court of appeals.

The whole 'Dunkirk spirit' thing as well?! Yeah just like Dunkirk, except hundreds of people haven't DIED. I hope they get relegated this season. Unbelievable breaking of the rules and if the fans are happy about this (rather than ashamed), they can f*** off too.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
The cheating scum have got away with it.They should have been thrown out of the league last year - but then nobody should expect the Premier League to do anything which might damage its squeaky clean self-righteous image. Whilst I can sympathise with the supporters of any club which faces extinction, the simple fact is that successive owners operated outside their means. If you or I did that we would be hounded to bankruptcy. Why should "football creditors" be protected whilst others aren't?The whole thing stinks as much as the mud in Portsmouth Harbour.

Very little more to add to that, really ...

littlehamptonbha

Jan 24, 2010
littlehampton
6 fingers 14 toes 6 fingers 14 toes 6 fingers 14 toes 6 fingers 14 toes 6 fingers 14 toes 6 fingers 14 toes 6 fingers 14 toes 6 fingers 14 toes 6 fingers 14 toes 6 fingers 14 toes.poxy wrongens,,,we hate pompey we hate pompey.:albion2:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
It would be totally wrong not to add my name on the list, especially now the ***** have got away with it.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Perhaps we should all write to the Board of Trade or Chancellor of The Exchequer or whoever in the government to complain about this faudulent operation of a business that was trading whilst insolvent and not paying its taxes.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Shocking. I remember being disgusted when dirty Leeds ripped all their debtors off, but this seems worse.
As for the HMRC, how they can just give up on this I have no idea.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Fuc$king disgrace:angry:
Also spending beyond their means and somehow escaping severe punishment means they have also pumped up their history and overtaken us.Two cup finals and years in the top flight with money that wasn't there.:angry:

Before these days they was getting 7k:angry:

I hate pompey:tosser:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I'll sign !

Two things really piss me off :

1. Why the hell HMRC aren't appealing - IT'S OUR MONEY !!!!!!!!!!!

2. Why did the judge rule based on what would happen to the scum NOT what the law was ?

Last edited:

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I'll sign !

Two things really piss me off :

1. Why the hell HMRC aren't appealing - IT'S OUR MONEY !!!!!!!!!!!

2. Why did the judge ruled based on what would happen to the scum NOT what the law was ?

Agreed. Also, Pompey won't get a points penalty this year as they'll be out of administration before the season starts.

Slap in the face for those clubs who aren't fortunate enough to be sheltered by parachute payments.

:angry:

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Perhaps we should all write to the Board of Trade or Chancellor of The Exchequer or whoever in the government to complain about this faudulent operation of a business that was trading whilst insolvent and not paying its taxes.

Strangely I can't find a sensible "Contact Us" link on HM Revenue Customs: Home Page !

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Not sure who I despise the most, Pompey or the retarded legal entity that gave this judgement, a victory for Portsmouth but a huge loss to football.

krakatoa

Jan 21, 2010
HOVE
The pondlife responsible for Pompey's plight - Redknapp, Gaydamak, Storrie, are all gone now though. Why hate the fans and current staff, they're not to blame?

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The pondlife responsible for Pompey's plight - Redknapp, Gaydamak, Storrie, are all gone now though. Why hate the fans and current staff, they're not to blame?

I don't hate the individuals themselves - I hate the fact that Pompey broke all the rules and have got off scott free. The ONLY people to suffer are the creditors and that includes you and me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here