Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The sign here if you hate Pompey thread

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
Agreed. Also, Pompey won't get a points penalty this year as they'll be out of administration before the season starts.

Is this right though as they've got less than 48 hours to come out of administration? Don't know the ins and outs of what that entails but would have thought it would take longer than 48 hours and so would they incur a further points penalty if they're not out of it by 3pm on Saturday?

D

Deleted member 2719

F*cking cheating scum...............................................:rant:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I hereby, heartily, sign this thread to show my disgust at the decision and my entirely rational dislike for Portsmouth.

I am struggling to find work, but I am happy that my previous tax contributions have funded a jolly for all those marvellous fans to Wembley (twice) and paid CVA voting cnuts like Utaka and the rest of them to kit out their Bentleys with Cherry Wood or the latest home cinemas.

I dearly hope that all companies will now treat Portsmouth with disdain and refuse to offer their services. I hope that their club dies a slow and eventual death.

I hope those fans celebrating will choke on their Cava.

I hope they return to the days of 6,000 fans rattling about Fratton Park.

I hope people make a stand against this rather than just shrug it off.

Action is needed.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Absolute joke decision. Wait until Pompey use the 'Solidarity' payments to get back into the Premiershite and then all history will be written off, whilst the clubs who have spent within their means find it harder and harder to compete with the big boys.

Seriously, how can one, as a football fan and a taxpayer, make more of a fuss of this? The whole thing completelt stinks.

Billy Mays

Aug 14, 2008
Fruit Cove
Signed with enthusiasm. At a loss to find the words to express my disgust with this. What are the rules on points deductions? Does the fact that they have this ludicrous CVA in place get them off the hook? I thought being in admin - which they still are - meant an automatic points deduction.
Hope they go down this season and the knuckle dragging inbreds desert them in their droves. They are a stain on football in every possible way.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I want it known that I've always hated Portsmouth. Really f***ing hate them
This. And like you, I hate them far more than I'll ever hate Palace.

Bunch of inbred cünts. They'll be crowing about their Premiership history and cup final appearances for years now. It makes me f***ing SICK.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
The decision was a joke. The way Portsmouth FC have behaved over the last few years has been scandalous. The success (?) they have had has been built on a foundation of theft and when they couldn't pay the loot back, oh well administration.

HMRC must have felt they would not win at the court of appeal to give up.

My question.......where do the parachute payments go? Please tell me not into the Fratton cofferrrs.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
The decision was a joke. The way Portsmouth FC have behaved over the last few years has been scandalous. The success (?) they have had has been built on a foundation of theft and when they couldn't pay the loot back, oh well administration.

My question.......where do the parachute payments go? Please tell me not into the Fratton cofferrrs.

I think you're going to be disappointed...

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven

I think you're going to be disappointed...

That would be a bigger crime than the original crime. £30m parachute payments to play with...that is if I have the parachute payment correct...what a disgrace

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
they know they are the joke of the league and everyone hates them.

hope they sink like a stone through the leagues and never climb back.

what will south today do then with bornmuff and the mighty albion above them

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
That would be a bigger crime than the original crime. £30m parachute payments to play with...that is if I have the parachute payment correct...what a disgrace

Well I'm not sure, but I still think they have to pay back 20% of the 130 Million total debt as agreed by the CVA, so that must be 26 Million gone anyway.

k2bluesky

Sep 22, 2008
Brighton
So just where is the money coming from to pay the players this coming season - the taxman and others owed money should have the right to say how much the players are on - so that's £500 a week max, lets see who really wants to play for Pompey!.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
I'm signing this with enthusiasm. Not just for the reasons others have given above, but because it is the one place I have been genuinely frightened after leaving a football match. The last time we played there (2002-03), they were waiting as we were led down that filthy alleyway at the back of the away stand, and then as Hampshire Police were leading us back to Fratton Station, a whole group of knuckle draggers were standing along the road straining to get at us. I would normally reckon to be able to put up a fight if I had to in defence, but I didn't fancy it against that lot. As for the fans, yes I would have some sympathy, but why should they be any different from Bournemouth, Aldershot, etc. If they had gone out of business, they would just have had to come back as Aldershot did. I don't recall there being much sympathy when they went out of business.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Cock Piss Pompey

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
BBC - Matt Slater: Pompey snatch last-gasp victory over taxman

Sums up the whole thing very clearly - looks like HMRC f***ed up big time in its approach to get the CVA dismissed.

Portsmouth have been "let off" due to HMRC not clearly understanding what it was owed.

The 9m Parachute payments won't go anywhere near the Fratton Park coffers, it will go to the Football League clubs it owes.

The CVA has become legal which means that Portsmouth get to pay back their debt over 5 years at a 1/10th of what they actually owe.

Absolute shocker - I wouldn't piss on Portsmouth if they were on fire. In my house.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here