Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The sign here if you hate Pompey thread

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I really thought that they would lose this case and be made an example of.
It really is up to the Football management to take action against clubs doing this, like they have in the past against clubs like Swindon and Peterborough who had automatic relegation. I think Swindon were relegated two divisions.
Thats Leeds, Palace and Portsmouth now from the top two divisions who have escaped lightly.
It has got to stop and football controlling bodies must make it happen.
Pleased for the fans though, they like us have no control of what goes on at their clubs

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Black day for football.

Actually, it's a great day for football. It can now be used as a crime syndication's money-laundering service, knowing that there will be no comebacks. It also knows it can look after its own quite happily while screwing everyone else over.

It's just a black day for everyone else.

It's not often ANYONE roots for HMRC, but in this instance, I hope the Court of Appeal goes with their claim, and wipes the floor with Portsmouth FC.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
unbelievable result.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
What a load of old shit.

Still. Time for us to go out and spank millions that we don't have on twenty players to win us League One this season then. So we might be essentially spending the taxpayers' cash and leaving hundreds of creditors out of pocket in the end but f*** it, we'll get promotion and nobody will ever do a damn thing to punish us so we'll get away with it.

Stinks to high heaven :angry:

Cheats, no argument.

webbyson

Pre & Post..*Gullsworth*
Jul 26, 2004
Mudhut
I think this was the appeal, so the decision is final.

Appart from all the companies that have been screwed over they havent even had a football punishment, last seasons points deduction was meaningless as they would have been relegated anyway.

In fact the F.A. almost sanctioned it by advancing them money to carry on, this whole saga is a fuckin disgrace!

It really is a disgrace............Things started to stink when Rednapp took over and spent money like water to buy players they never had the money for. They bought an F.A cup, Premiership lifestyle, another cup final all this when they were an average size championship club with a tin-pot ground and glory-hunting fans. Remember all this was taking place while they owed millions to the tax-man (you and me) and millions to other hard working organisations. Where was the level playing field. What about the teams they beat in the F.A cup? How did it effect their revenue after a failed cup run.

How come other clubs who have gone into admin have been treated a lot harsher and had longer spells in administration and larger points deductions?
Well i off out to buy a plasma tele, new car, holiday and then tell my credit company i am only going to pay for 20% of the bill and then carry on as normal as if nothing has happened...............sake

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
So. Let me get this straight. They reach the top division, have a good run in that division, win the FA cup and then reach the final of the FA cup. And all along they were spending money they didn't have and cheating the taxman. And then when the taxman takes them to court to get the money that rightfully belongs to HMRC, Pompey win the case.

All the clubs that have lived within their means, followed the rules year after year but with no reward i.e won diddly squat must be absolutely livid.

This just sends out a message - It's fine to cheat your way to success boys! You can wipe out all your debts as long as you pay off your friends in football. But don't worry about local businesses and dont worry about the taxman. f*** em! Just do what you like!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Well that sends out a great message to all, I'll repeat ALL businesses being chased by HMRC. Build up a fund of debts (made up) as long as it larger than that owed to the HMRC you can do what ever you want.

Added to this the FA the League and the Premiership have aided and abetted this crime.

Stinky Pete

Aug 31, 2009
London
This is just a kick in the bollocks to every club that has played fairly and won f*** all. The Message is cheat, win a trophy, and piss on every business you touch while laughing in the face of the public, who are millions of pounds out of pocket, just so you can make some tattooed meat head with a bell and a stupid f***ing hat actually have something to smile about. *****. I'm actually furious. :tantrum:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
TH1_58201010mann.jpg

Mr Justice Mann said: 'I find that none of the five heads of attack by HMRC amount to unfiar prejudice nor have they been materially affected.

'In my view, HMRC will not be worse off by the situation left by the CVA bearing in mind what the alternatives could be for the club.

'Those alternatives are liquidation, or expulsion from the Football League or worse, bearing in mind the loss of a lot of their assets.'

Giant Seagull

That was textbook
Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
So. Let me get this straight. They reach the top division, have a good run in that division, win the FA cup and then reach the final of the FA cup. And all along they were spending money they didn't have and cheating the taxman. And then when the taxman takes them to court to get the money that rightfully belongs to HMRC, Pompey win the case.

All the clubs that have lived within their means, followed the rules year after year but with no reward i.e won diddly squat must be absolutely livid.

This just sends out a message - It's fine to cheat your way to success boys! You can wipe out all your debts as long as you pay off your friends in football. But don't worry about local businesses and dont worry about the taxman. f*** em! Just do what you like!

This :thumbsup: cheating inbred fucks

webbyson

Pre & Post..*Gullsworth*
Jul 26, 2004
Mudhut

This post about sums it up..........there will be a lot of bitter Bournemouth, Leeds, Luton, Southhampton fans tonight.

* i would not cheer at any club going to the wall but where is the consistancy in the punishments of clubs who break the rules..........Portsmouth have just walked scott-free from probably the biggest tax-evasion conected to British Football, not to mention the millions owed to over creditors...........stinks

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Think I'll be giving Meridien, sorry Hampshire Tonight a big swerve this evening.
I don't think I could stomach the sight of Pompey fans popping the champagne corks in celebration of the successful and legally endorsed theft of tens of millions of pounds from local businesses and the taxpayer.

webbyson

Pre & Post..*Gullsworth*
Jul 26, 2004
Mudhut
Think I'll be giving Meridien, sorry Hampshire Tonight a big swerve this evening.
I don't think I could stomach the sight of Pompey fans popping the champagne corks in celebration of the successful and legally endorsed theft of tens of millions of pounds from local businesses and the taxpayer.

Well put Easy

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
TH1_58201010mann.jpg

Mr Justice Mann said: 'I find that none of the five heads of attack by HMRC amount to unfiar prejudice nor have they been materially affected.

'In my view, HMRC will not be worse off by the situation left by the CVA bearing in mind what the alternatives could be for the club.

'Those alternatives are liquidation, or expulsion from the Football League or worse, bearing in mind the loss of a lot of their assets.'

This is really fuckin annoying me, he wasnt their to rule on the alternatives for Portsmouth f.c., he was supposed to rule on whether they had gained their cva through improper means i.e. cooking the books, it seems that he ruled in favour of Portsmouth so they wont go bust!

Your not fit to wear the wig m'lord

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here