Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Sheffield United golden ticket thread

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Can't believe people are whingeing about the system not being "fair".

If, as the club says, the ballot is a genuinely random process, and each game's ballot is independent of the ballot in every other game (in the sense that what you get in one ballot has no influence on the outcome of any other), then I struggle to imagine what system could be fairer, in the normal sense of the word.

Your chance of getting the opportunity of a ticket for every match in the rest of the season is the same as that of every other STH. Similarly your chance of getting no opportunity to go to any match at all is the same as that of every other STH. Sounds pretty fair to me.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
"Priority" 3 for Saints
"Priority" 4 for Utd
Sod all chance
Very unfair that people should get good priority for one game and then for the next. I can't blame anyone for going but just think that the system is completely useless - they should be doing like I believe Arsenal and Chelsea are - after you've been picked you don't get to go again until everybody has been once (or had the chance to go once). Barber's way could end up with someone getting to go to all games and someone else not getting to go to any. Just very wrong.

I disagree. There’s no totally fair way. Even your suggestion disadvantages people who, for whatever reason, cannot make the game of their guaranteed ticket. The only way is to make it completely random, which is what the club appear to have done.

As an aside, if you’re in 1 you’re guaranteed, 2 and you stand a good chance if you log on at 9am, and I even managed to get a ticket by logging on at the very start of P3. I also logged on a day later to try and buy a parking ticket and noticed a ticket available then. I also know people who really wanted to go and were able to utilise the exchange. My point being is outside of P1 there’s still a reasonable chance of getting a ticket if you want one...which is quite remarkable given there’s only 2000 and 20000 plus ST holders.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Not everyone can sit all day in front of a computer and press the refresh button

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree , if you are working , you aren’t going to have time to keep refreshing the ticket site . Seems like a lot of tickets went on the ticket exchange after 6pm

If the complaints about unfairness now are anything to go by, wait til the ballots for the Arsenal game....
All the conspiracy theorists will be in action!

Can foresee many a triple 4 outrage

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
It's a strange one because the only rises are in Hastings and Rother.

[tweet]1336581195782557696[/tweet]

Just heard from a morning meeting report Conquest Hospital in Hastings is worst its been, much higher than at the worst earlier in the year, people are very worried. Pretty much guaranteed its Tier 3 over here next week.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
If Brighton go into tier 1 and East Sussex stay in tier2 would we be able to attend the Sheffield Utd match. Anyone know?

Yes, it’s only if an area is in tier 3 that you’d be prohibited from travelling and attending games. For example any Brighton fans living in Kent shouldn’t be currently attending games as Kent is tier 3.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
If you're in 2 you've got to be up with the lark on your day and ready to hit the site on the dot at 9.00 am otherwise forget it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here