Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Sheffield United golden ticket thread

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I think IF that scenario would play out then the club would block and cancel the tickets for all persons with a tier three address and resell them themselves via the ticket exchange. I imagine that if any ticket holder moved into tier three the ticket would be removed from them and it won't be down to them putting them on the exchange.

Can't see the club doing that.
It was raised on the last Forum with PB about people travelling from Kent (Tier 3) to the Southampton game. PB said there would be no checks at the gate, but clearly the 'fan' would be in breach of the ground /supporters regulations and if came to light would expect severe punishment.
Also one fan on the video conference stated that the club have his details as living in tier 3, but is currently away from home in a tier 2 area, and asked if he could attend if got a ticket. The response was that if not in a tier 3 area then yes.

Clearly the club are expecting fans to be responsible and not attend if they live in a tier 3 area, and I would expect this to continue us it became clear that there was widespread breaches.

On the basis thatfans want to see full grounds rather than the current ballot approach I would expect that people would stick to the Government regulations.

So if East Sussex did go to Tier 3, I would expect just to see a deluge of tickets going on the exchange.

Ken Newbury

Feb 6, 2006
1/2 mile from LDC country
Can't see the club doing that.
It was raised on the last Forum with PB about people travelling from Kent (Tier 3) to the Southampton game. PB said there would be no checks at the gate, but clearly the 'fan' would be in breach of the ground /supporters regulations and if came to light would expect severe punishment.
Also one fan on the video conference stated that the club have his details as living in tier 3, but is currently away from home in a tier 2 area, and asked if he could attend if got a ticket. The response was that if not in a tier 3 area then yes.

Clearly the club are expecting fans to be responsible and not attend if they live in a tier 3 area, and I would expect this to continue us it became clear that there was widespread breaches.

On the basis thatfans want to see full grounds rather than the current ballot approach I would expect that people would stick to the Government regulations.

So if East Sussex did go to Tier 3, I would expect just to see a deluge of tickets going on the exchange.

Makes sense, thanks for clarifying ��

I would hope that has been done.

We could be in the situation that East Sussex goes into Tier 3 while B&H and West Sussex go into Tier1. If the Amex is in B&H then 4,000 supporters could attend meaning they could put on an extra 2,000 tickets on 16 December at the same time all the East Sussex ticket holders put theirs onto the exchange hoping to get their money back.

Are things bad in East Sussex? Or are you just constructing an illustrative

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
That's strange because last game it forced me to select a car park even though I was intending to cycle. I then had to remove the parking space from my basket before I checked out.

We’ve removed the need because we’ve booked in to the Brighton campsite for the weekend.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I would say that the Sheff Utd game is likely to have no supporters as East Sussex is heading towards Tier 3 while B&H and West Sussex could be Tier 1 - if the Amex is in East Sussex then nobody will be going

It's a strange one because the only rises are in Hastings and Rother.

[tweet]1336581195782557696[/tweet]

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Are things bad in East Sussex? Or are you just constructing an illustrative

Depending on if they are looking at East Sussex as a whole or individually there is possibility of East Sussex heading to tier 3, or at least Rother and Hastings ending up there. Cases are rising in hugely in Hasting and steadily in Rother, both are now well above the national average for England (on a par with Manchester), which is rather annoying as before the second lockdown Rother was one of the lowest areas in the country. Wealden and Eastbourne are not seeing any rise but not seeing any fall either, both below the national average. Only Lewes of the 5 areas that make up East Sussex are seeing cases fall.

Last edited:

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
If my understanding of the tier system is correct, then it’s a flawed system given the size of Sussex. Splitting it to just East and West isn’t enough. If the whole of East Sussex goes to T3 because of the rises in the region closer to Kent it won’t be fair to other places. I live in Adur for example (West Sussex) and can walk 1 mile east to Portslade which is in East Sussex. Adur has one of the lowest infection rates in the country, yet portslsde will be put into T3 because of an area 40 miles East. Also, if the whole of East Sussex isn’t put into T3 because some areas balance out the higher rate area, the higher rate areas which justify it get away with it.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
If my understanding of the tier system is correct, then it’s a flawed system given the size of Sussex. Splitting it to just East and West isn’t enough. If the whole of East Sussex goes to T3 because of the rises in the region closer to Kent it won’t be fair to other places. I live in Adur for example (West Sussex) and can walk 1 mile east to Portslade which is in East Sussex. Adur has one of the lowest infection rates in the country, yet portslsde will be put into T3 because of an area 40 miles East. Also, if the whole of East Sussex isn’t put into T3 because some areas balance out the higher rate area, the higher rate areas which justify it get away with it.

Sussex is split into 3 areas. West, East and Brighton and Hove. Portslade is not part of East Sussex it comes under Brighton and Hove for Covid restrictions, if Portslade goes into Tier 3 the whole of Brighton and Hove would be. East Sussex is made up of Lewes, Wealden, Rother, Hastings and Eastbourne. West Sussex is Worthing, Arun, Chichester, Horsham, Crawley, Mid Sussex and Adur.

Given they put the whole of Kent into tier 3 despite the massive difference in cases between places like Sevenoakes and Medway region you'd hope that they revise that plan and break it down to each district rather than the whole county,

Last edited:

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Portslade is not part of East Sussex it comes under Brighton and Hove. East Sussex is made up of Lewes, Wealden, Rother, Hastings and Eastbourne.

The East / West Sussex boarder is in Portslsde / Mile Oak. If not the council really need to move the welcome to West Sussex sign outside of Mayberry’s on the old Shoreham Road. From what I’ve seen the government tier segregation is just East and West Sussex for our region.

The stats the BBC publish are split into smaller regions. Portslsde is included with Brighton and Hove there.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
It's a strange one because the only rises are in Hastings and Rother.

[tweet]1336581195782557696[/tweet]

Something is clearly going horribly wrong in Kent and it is Spreading. They just don’t seem to be doing anything about it over there. Need to lockdown the whole county and test like they did in Liverpool

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
"Priority" 3 for Saints
"Priority" 4 for Utd
Sod all chance
Very unfair that people should get good priority for one game and then for the next. I can't blame anyone for going but just think that the system is completely useless - they should be doing like I believe Arsenal and Chelsea are - after you've been picked you don't get to go again until everybody has been once (or had the chance to go once). Barber's way could end up with someone getting to go to all games and someone else not getting to go to any. Just very wrong.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
"Priority" 3 for Saints
"Priority" 4 for Utd
Sod all chance
Very unfair that people should get good priority for one game and then for the next. I can't blame anyone for going but just think that the system is completely useless - they should be doing like I believe Arsenal and Chelsea are - after you've been picked you don't get to go again until everybody has been once (or had the chance to go once). Barber's way could end up with someone getting to go to all games and someone else not getting to go to any. Just very wrong.

“Completely useless” seems a bit strong given the circumstances and time restrictions. In their wildest dreams I doubt if the ticketing system was designed to accommodate a ballot, let alone one every few days!!

What about a 5 year old STH getting drawn Window 1 for an 8pm ko on a school night? Or are you suggesting they don’t take it up and their bubble goes back in the ballot? But what if someone else in that bubble wants to go on the Monday? What if the allocation goes to Window 3 for a crap game? Does the person who takes up that ticket not go in the next ballot?

Not “very wrong” or even “wrong”. Just not perfect, but there is no perfect solution.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
"Priority" 3 for Saints
"Priority" 4 for Utd
Sod all chance

I was 4 for Saints and got a ticket.

Depending on if they are looking at East Sussex as a whole or individually there is possibility of East Sussex heading to tier 3, or at least Rother and Hastings ending up there. Cases are rising in hugely in Hasting and steadily in Rother, both are now well above the national average for England (on a par with Manchester), which is rather annoying as before the second lockdown Rother was one of the lowest areas in the country. Wealden and Eastbourne are not seeing any rise but not seeing any fall either, both below the national average. Only Lewes of the 5 areas that make up East Sussex are seeing cases fall.

Huh that's worrying. Wonder if it will affect Brighton's chances of going to tier 1 as it seems bizarre you could have one foot in tier 1 and another in tier 3

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
What if the allocation goes to Window 3 for a crap game?

Not “very wrong” or even “wrong”. Just not perfect, but there is no perfect solution.

Cup games will be allocated on loyalty points not ballot, but agree that the current approach is probably the best way of doing things, as whatever is used will always give rise to someone complaining that it's not fair.

The best way out of this, is get back to normal so that all ST holders can attend as usual.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here