Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The "Season Ticket Renewals 2021/22" thread

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
Pretty sure Barber would say you'd need to ask the transport providers because how you get to the ground is out of the club's hands.

Possibly Yes
But isnt the use of public transport to and from the ground one of the T&C s of operating the stadium ?
Those train and bus queues If the 2 m spacing s are still required :eek::eek:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
My only photo ID is my passport, not sure I am that happy about this. A little bit of a thin end of the wedge for me. Other than Glastonbury I do not have to show photo ID to gain access to anything other an airplane.

I’ve got into the habit of keeping my D/L photocard with my phone.....

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Speaking as a non STH, if the strict enforcement of ST Terms and Conditions puts an end to the practice of STs being casually lent out, then that will ultimately be a good thing.

I recognise that I should probably have posted this on the 'Unpopular Opinion' thread.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Possibly Yes
But isnt the use of public transport to and from the ground one of the T&C s of operating the stadium ?
Those train and bus queues If the 2 m spacing s are still required :eek::eek:

Social distancing is supposed to end in June.......if it’s still needed then grounds will be open under reduced capacity, because you can’t be 2m away in your seat either.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I suspect that it will be because if an adult ticket is put into the exchange but is then bought for a child, the club loses out financially since they refund the STH for an adult ticket but only get back the price of a child ticket.

Not seen anything but presumably the cost of a child ticket would likely be less than the club have refunded the STH so they’d be losing money ?

Will all this lead to a ‘trade’ in STs between STHs and F&F ? Presumably no bar to who you sign up as F&F as long as you exchange details.....

At one of the fan forums I think Barber explained it as the club has to refund the adult price of the seat to the STH so if they then sold it at a child price they'd lose money. I'm not convinced by the argument myself though may have misinterpreted what he said.

Thank you. Makes (commercial) sense.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Just a thought , if complying to track and trace upon entering the ground
Are there any plans in place for the transport situation to and from the ground ?

All pile on to a train, crushed together Tokyo underground rush-hour style.

Seriously though, transport is the most likely way of transmission when attending a football match, so if track and trace is still a requirement in late August then I can’t see us being allowed more than a few thousand, in which case transport will probably be by car.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
What is the justification for photo ID. I understood it for the Covid games and to an extent the Palace away game, but for regular attendance I just do not get it.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
"Take over Season Ticket Ownership
Following a very unusual season we are allowing supporters to change the names on season tickets and take over a season ticket holder’s seat. This is only for the 2021/22 season and will not be offered for future seasons, so please use this opportunity wisely."

Seems like a good plan... but will probably reduce the availability that might have been expected by those on the waiting list.

Solved an ongoing issue for me :thumbsup:

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
What is the justification for photo ID. I understood it for the Covid games and to an extent the Palace away game, but for regular attendance I just do not get it.

I'm guessing that in a post covid world in order to allow a large gathering the rule is going to be that the venue must ensure that they have the details of each attendee.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
That was for 2000 fans with loads of Covid restrictions though. Can’t see it for 30,000 mostly turning up to the turnstiles between 2-45 and 3pm. The queue to get through the turnstiles would be insane.

Don’t hold me to it though; I’m not presenting this as fact. It’s just from the experience we had as away fans back in 2017 being told that we’d need ID for every game and never having been asked to show it or ever seen anyone asked.

Can't vouch for whichever part of the ground you're in but in West Upper I would guess most are on the concourse by 2.30 at the latest, drink in hand. Those that aren't are probably at their seats enjoying the pre match entertainment.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
It does seem that there are a lot of people that have been spending a lot of money on season tickets over the years oblivious to the terms and conditions! I think we have all taken advantage of passing the ticket on to a friend now and again but I've always know you're not supposed to due to the law. I thought the rule regarding 6 times a season was fair as I think it's wrong for people to have a season ticket and only go to the big games when there are people on the waiting list.

I don't think it's a major problem at Brighton but the ticket touting at other clubs is ridiculous.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

To ensure the person attending is in fact the legitimate holder of the ST, which is part of the Ts &Cs of a ST, to comply with a law that pre-dates Covid by years.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

Probably to discourage people from informal (illegal) ST sharing and to use the official means or ticket exchange.

I’m probably going to look like a tit by this post being bounced in 5-6 months, but I cannot realistically see them doing cross checks of 30,000 IDs with tickets every week. We’re supposed to have had ID to present for every away game since 2017, anyone ever been checked apart from Palace.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton

ok thanks for that info, appreciated.

I'm out - as a soon to be shift worker again, I can't afford to organise others to go in my place when I can't swap a shift and persuade them to be £20 BHA members blah blah blah. It's fair do's by the club but that's the final straw for me. Had two season tickets from the start of the Amex as it coincided with the sad death of a friend and i was oh-feckit life's too short (both in my name by the way, the club didn't worry so much about T&C back then). Took many work colleagues, family and friends to games. Loved it, had a good run of 9 seasons. But before the Amex, Withdean and the Goldstone was a dozen games a season when I could get a ticket (for the Withdean). I'll go back to cheap cup games and cheaper C games, you never know might be able to get the odd away again.

Feel really quite sad about it :-( But don't really blame the club. Although I do think covid, once we're all vaccinated, will really not "change the world forever". It'll be like a dangerous flu in a few years but business as usual.

Also think while capacity is up 2k, crowd numbers will be well down.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Apart from the question of legality, you may have missed the fact that there is a global pandemic. I'm guessing that a big driver for this is simply the absolute necessity of being able to know exactly who is in the stadium.

But the good news for you (and the rest of us) is that the club IS allowing you to pass on your ticket to a friend, provided you notify the club in advance, and they therefore know who that friend is. It seems a pretty good solution to me.

Hope it is as simple as that.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
It is literally illegal to pass on a football ticket, like it or not, even if you don't accept cash in return.

But the club IS permitting this, subject to the STH paying a £20 fee for the season and the recipient being a club member. It really doesn't strike me as unreasonable at all.

Appreciate it is reasonable for your circumstances. Think you will be surprised how many people find it a positive to be able to pass ticket on when cant go.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I think we have all taken advantage of passing the ticket on to a friend now and again

Do not include me in this illegal activity, I've only missed two games at the Amex when we were allowed to attend (MK Dons November 2015 & Southampton in lockdown when I couldn't get a ticket) and didn't pass my ST to anyone

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here