Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The "Season Ticket Renewals 2021/22" thread

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Do not include me in this illegal activity, I've only missed two games at the Amex when we were allowed to attend (MK Dons November 2015 & Southampton in lockdown when I couldn't get a ticket) and didn't pass my ST to anyone

Makes me laugh all this "illegality" - as said previously, the club allowed me to buy two season tickets named Mr X and MrX1 back in 2011 because...... they wanted the ground filled. They kinda forgot the illegality then and it was me not them who later changed that second ticket into the name of a real person. Not that I'm complaining, loved having a spare ticket and taking all sorts of friends and family. Just makes me laugh a bit now.

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast
On the ‘My Albion’ page I have a number of family/friends listed, all with fan numbers. What I don’t know is whether they are eligible for ST transfer as I haven’t a clue whether they’re Albion+ members. Could anyone enlighten me on this, and, if necessary the cost of enrolling them? Cheers!

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Appreciate it is reasonable for your circumstances. Think you will be surprised how many people find it a positive to be able to pass ticket on when cant go.

And you will still be able to pass it on. But the people you pass it on to will need to be MyAlbion members for a fee of £20 a year. Forgetting the legalities for a minute (because I never supported that law), when demand exceeds supply it doesn't seem unreasonable that the most committed get the opportunity to attend. So STH lending their ticket to people who are so uninvested in the Albion that they cant even be bothered to join a scheme that will cost them less than 50p a week seems wrong.

herecomesaregular

Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
And you will still be able to pass it on. But the people you pass it on to will need to be MyAlbion members for a fee of £20 a year. Forgetting the legalities for a minute (because I never supported that law), when demand exceeds supply it doesn't seem unreasonable that the most committed get the opportunity to attend. So STH lending their ticket to people who are so uninvested in the Albion that they cant even be bothered to join a scheme that will cost them less than 50p a week seems wrong.

This is true. Although one of the casuals I took became a fan and bought a season ticket. Others really enjoyed it and spent more at the club shop and food and drink than I do or the regulars around me. Also be wary regarding demand outstripping supply with covid and a bad season and relegation (not this season!)

Last edited:

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Makes me laugh all this "illegality" - as said previously, the club allowed me to buy two season tickets named Mr X and MrX1 back in 2011 because...... they wanted the ground filled. They kinda forgot the illegality then and it was me not them who later changed that second ticket into the name of a real person. Not that I'm complaining, loved having a spare ticket and taking all sorts of friends and family. Just makes me laugh a bit now.

Times change. Systems improve. What are they supposed to do, continue to operate something that they know is illegal (and dangerous)? Sadly the improvements don’t work in everyone’s favour.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

There are arguments on both sides - if I took my old dad to a game (never been to a game before, lived in Devon but was staying with us) on my son’s ticket when he couldn’t use it would that be wrong in the basis I’d paid for my son’s ticket anyway ?

The club have taken (probably rightly) the opportunity to close a loophole that they’ve traditionally turned a blind eye to, but it will impact a fair number of people and will result in a lot of empty seats IMO.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Absolutely, we were very fortunate that the club largely turned a blind eye to tickets being passed on to friends and relatives in previous seasons. Sooner or later that had to stop.

Now for one season at least, we have the chance to pass the ticket on to others legally, subject to that nominal £20 fee.

Not the only club. In recent years have used friends ST at Chelsea Arsenal, and Old Trafford. In addition have passed on tickets for Theatre Royal and Chichester,
It wont stop me but at a time when every chance will be harder to fill grounds I think this and ticketless is a mistake. Would doubt there will be a waiting list.
For those that go on about legality of passing on tickets. No establishment has any concern about tickets passed on to known contacts. Seat is responsibility of ST holder and if friend I passed it on to caused disruption would fully expect my ST to be withdrawn

herecomesaregular

Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Times change. Systems improve. What are they supposed to do, continue to operate something that they know is illegal (and dangerous)? Sadly the improvements don’t work in everyone’s favour.

I know, you're right. Such is life. I'm gutted I'm giving up my seat really, that's the crux. Having decided I have to I'm feeling really nauseous. Wasn't expecting that reaction! End of an era for me. But of course I'll still go whenever I can.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
To ensure the person attending is in fact the legitimate holder of the ST, which is part of the Ts &Cs of a ST, to comply with a law that pre-dates Covid by years.

Sure I am wrong but dont think it will happen. Always buy guest tickets couple of times a season . Never asked for name or guests fan no

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I know, you're right. Such is life. I'm gutted I'm giving up my seat really, that's the crux. Having decided I have to I'm feeling really nauseous. Wasn't expecting that reaction! End of an era for me. But of course I'll still go whenever I can.

Feel for you. I’d be gutted in similar circumstances. Hope you get to see some games.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Any non-STH know the process for match day tickets.

We won't be renewing ours but will still want to go to the occasional game (subject to full capacity returning, etc etc).

What level of membership is required? The MyAlbion+ or just having a fan number? Of we don't get MyAlbion+ do we lose our fan numbers? Do we still retain our loyalty points? Do they matter?

amexer

Aug 8, 2011

Your right. Have a relative who him and his friend both have 2 STs at Leicester and take different people each game. They havent been arrested yet

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Sure I am wrong but dont think it will happen. Always buy guest tickets couple of times a season . Never asked for name or guests fan no

That’s not the same though..........as an STH you’re responsible for the behaviour of the guest ticket holder, and that was also pre-covid. ID checks will be the norm now for STHs and other ticket holders, and the enforcement is quite simple - even if you get through the ID check on someone else’s season ticket are people going to pass their phone to whoever they would hand their ticket to ?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Any non-STH know the process for match day tickets.

We won't be renewing ours but will still want to go to the occasional game (subject to full capacity returning, etc etc).

What level of membership is required? The MyAlbion+ or just having a fan number? Of we don't get MyAlbion+ do we lose our fan numbers? Do we still retain our loyalty points? Do they matter?

Wouldn’t think that will change ? Ticket sales will still be on a priority basis - so I’d think ‘members’ will be able to buy tickets that go on general sale....the club still has all your details.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
That’s not the same though..........as an STH you’re responsible for the behaviour of the guest ticket holder, and that was also pre-covid. ID checks will be the norm now for STHs and other ticket holders, and the enforcement is quite simple - even if you get through the ID check on someone else’s season ticket are people going to pass their phone to whoever they would hand their ticket to ?

Without knowing the technology behind the proposed electronic season tickets, won’t it just be simple to forward your ticket on to the recipient?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Without knowing the technology behind the proposed electronic season tickets, won’t it just be simple to forward your ticket on to the recipient?

Possibly....I’m not tech savvy enough to know.......but as an STH would you risk it anyway given there are going to be ID checks ? Imagine instant and lengthy bans will be issued (particularly if the club have committed to ID checks as part of return of fans, or it’s a legal requirement). The website is clear on the fact ID checks will be in place.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Possibly....I’m not tech savvy enough to know.......but as an STH would you risk it anyway given there are going to be ID checks ? Imagine instant and lengthy bans will be issued (particularly if the club have committed to ID checks as part of return of fans, or it’s a legal requirement). The website is clear on the fact ID checks will be in place.

Current e-tickets are just emailed to phones and you can store more than one on a phone. I expect some IT geeks can tell us whether or not it's possible to prevent a ticket being stored on more than one device at a time.

My ST usually goes to the same recipient whenever I don't use it, so I'm certainly going to make use of this ability to share it officially by paying the extra £20 and him signing up for Albion+. Like I said, I'm sceptical that the requirement to show ID would ever actually be implemented in practice, but on the other hand I will also wait a few games to check whether or not this is the case before I shared it informally/illegally again.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Current e-tickets are just emailed to phones and you can store more than one on a phone. I expect some IT geeks can tell us whether or not it's possible to prevent a ticket being stored on more than one device at a time.

My ST usually goes to the same recipient whenever I don't use it, so I'm certainly going to make use of this ability to share it officially by paying the extra £20 and him signing up for Albion+. Like I said, I'm sceptical that the requirement to show ID would ever actually be implemented in practice, but on the other hand I will also wait a few games to check whether or not this is the case before I shared it informally/illegally again.

If you have just one person that typically uses the ticket when you can’t it’s great - will really help people (he’ll have to pay his £25 to sign up as well). I suspect the ID checks will be in place for the first game, and when the back of the queue the for the East Stand gets to Rottingdean they’ll stop it :)

FAQ

We expect the ID requirements that were in place for 20/21 to continue for the foreseeable future. For those who are unaware, all supporters had to show photo ID to match their named season ticket on arrival at the stadium. This was in line with the government test and trace system, which meant we must ensure those registered to attend matches are the ones who come, and that tickets are not passed to unknown third parties.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yes....but it’s still a clamping down on STs being used by people other than the holder though. Anyone with a casual group of friends who might attend a game or two a year on an available ST with another STH won’t be able to unless they sign up and the STH pays £20.

I don’t have an issue with the club doing it, it strengthens compliance with the T&C and raises a bit more revenue but I think it’s going to impact a lot of people.

On the plus side I can finally take the name of my ex (we split up 8 years ago) off my second ticket for a mere £20. On the downside, Mrs T rarely attends games so I use my second ticket to take one of my brothers or various pals to the games. If I can't do that any more I'll have to bin my second ticket. :annoyed:

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
All pile on to a train, crushed together Tokyo underground rush-hour style.

Seriously though, transport is the most likely way of transmission when attending a football match, so if track and trace is still a requirement in late August then I can’t see us being allowed more than a few thousand, in which case transport will probably be by car.

Indirectly that’s what I was getting at
Its s all dependent on too many factors to try to second guess it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here