Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The "Season Ticket Renewals 2021/22" thread

Gary Hart's Stalker

Jul 17, 2013
Gary Hart's Bush
Why can't we move seats? My father in law was on the waiting list and finally/typically got an ST at the end of last season. He is sat a row in front and a few seats along which is ok but not ideal. Wouldn't mind shifting both our seats if necessary so we can sit together - but it is saying the move window isn't available...

Actually, just noticed this on the website:

Moving Seats
Due to supporters not being sat in their seats for the 20/21 season we are not offering a move window this season.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
For those who have unofficially taken over a ticket what a great opportunity to get ticket in users name.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Phone Tickets.
Whilst getting my jab recently at the Brighton Centre (over 65's) I was amazed how many people had paper tickets where they printed off there reference number. The ref number was available on your mobile via many sites or email or just download. This summed up to me how us 'oldies' get on with technology. Myself, I just wrote down the number on a scrap of paper.

ID. For Palace away my ST could be used for ID, so can I use my ST for ID at the Amex? Thought not.
I wasn't checked for the Sheff Utd game either and do wonder how long the 'check everyone' will last with queues lining up outside. Remember, next season we have outside entertainment and toilets so more and more will be rushing in with minutes to spare.

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
For the Sheffield Utd game, they wouldn't accept a picture of my passport as ID, had to physically take it with me to get in.

Same for me but going forward it would be useful if the club accepted verified online ID apps such as YOTI.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
sorry for the most basic of questions. I haven't watched the video.

do STH have to positively renew their ST for the upcoming season? In previous years "renew" has been the default

secondly, believe it or not some people don't have smart phones. Will we be given a ST card (on request)?

apologies if these have already been answered

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Phone Tickets.
Whilst getting my jab recently at the Brighton Centre (over 65's) I was amazed how many people had paper tickets where they printed off there reference number. The ref number was available on your mobile via many sites or email or just download. This summed up to me how us 'oldies' get on with technology. Myself, I just wrote down the number on a scrap of paper.

ID. For Palace away my ST could be used for ID, so can I use my ST for ID at the Amex? Thought not.
I wasn't checked for the Sheff Utd game either and do wonder how long the 'check everyone' will last with queues lining up outside. Remember, next season we have outside entertainment and toilets so more and more will be rushing in with minutes to spare.

7.2. By accepting the Terms & Conditions of Entry, you confirm that you have a suitable Smart Device on which you can receive and display the Club’s E-Tickets clearly. If you do not have a Smart Device you will need to contact the Club’s Supporter Services team at supporter.services@bhafc.co.uk or 01273 668855 from 1 June to request a physical form Season Ticket and provide a photo ID to be loaded onto you ticketing account.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Are they thinking that I can get out my phone as I prepare to enter and I'll get a fast enough data connection to display the currently acceptable barcode when I reach the barrier?
Think I may have to claim I don't have a smartphone

Usually this sort of system doesn't need a connection.

Gary Hart's Stalker

Jul 17, 2013
Gary Hart's Bush
sorry for the most basic of questions. I haven't watched the video.

do STH have to positively renew their ST for the upcoming season? In previous years "renew" has been the default

secondly, believe it or not some people don't have smart phones. Will we be given a ST card (on request)?

apologies if these have already been answered

From Club website:
Currently paying by Direct Debit

If you already pay by Direct Debit and wish to continue doing so, either monthly or annually, your season ticket will automatically renew so no action is required.
If you have a credit balance on your account, this will automatically be taken off of your Direct Debit payments before they start.

Your Direct Debit payments will start from 1 July

No-one in my party has a phone with an NFC chip. What options do I have?

Print at Home tickets are the only other option currently available. These must be printed, as they cannot be scanned from a phone. Failure to do so may result in you not being able to access the stadium.

There is no facility to print tickets at the stadium at this time. The club will no longer be issuing tickets on club ticket stock – tickets will be available as print at home, or by loading tickets to your Google pay/Apple wallet, to reduce touchpoints and meet safety requirements

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I think that is to do with buying single match tickets. The talk of the app that creates a barcode every 20 seconds sounds much more like it would be similar the 2 factor authentication/vpn log in apps lots of us have been using to work from home with.

It does sound that way, but it was linked from the FAQ on this page (17th question):

https://tickets.brightonandhovealbi...page=custom/documents/html/strenewalfaqs.html

I can imagine that lots of U10s won't have their own smartphone, so will need to have the ticket on a parent's phone.

May 5, 2020
Sussex
......because you might pass/sell your ST on to someone else. I also suspect the Covid requirements will require the club to ensure the attendee is the person named on the ticket (track and trace).

Yes you're right.
It must be for the governments track and trace requirements which the club have to adhere to let us in.
But if track and trace is not needed then I don't see why we need the photo ID.
We will have to see what's going on closer to us being allowed back in.

May 5, 2020
Sussex
I can't see anything on the club website about them making mobile tickets compulsory.
It just looks like it's a service they are offering so hopefully ST cards will still be the main way of getting in to the ground as before,but with me having to show some photo ID if track and trace is still needed.so it doesn't seem too bad.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I can't see anything on the club website about them making mobile tickets compulsory.
It just looks like it's a service they are offering so hopefully ST cards will still be the main way of getting in to the ground as before,but with me having to show some photo ID if track and trace is still needed.so it doesn't seem too bad.

Cards will not be the main way. Default will be mobile unless you contact supporter services and make arrangements for an alternative.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

FAQ on the website states :

Following successful trials in 2020, all season tickets for the 21/22 season will be issued as mobile tickets. This is for security and safety reasons. The mobile ticket will work whether you have a phone with an NFC chip or not, as the ticket will work by either scanning the chip in the phone OR by scanning a barcode that is displayed. For extra security the barcode changes every 20 seconds so photos of the ticket will not work. If you do not have a smart phone please contact Supporter Services in June. STHs are reminded that photo ID must be shown every matchday, confirming the named attendee matches the name on the season ticket (under-12s are exempt from showing photo ID).
Click here for our Mobile Ticket Guide
Please Note: Mobile Season Ticket passes will be emailed to the email address held on season ticket holder's account prior to the first home league game in front of full crowds.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Will study tonight but on face of it and maybe have this wrong but not pleased unable to pass my ticket on. Both friend and I usually cant attend 3/4 games each . When this occurs great opportunity to pass on to friend or contact as a favour. Will go as far as saying these usually go to someone who would not be able to justify cost of a ticket which is good. Appreciate can sell back to club but that misses the point.
As I said maybe I have this wrong because I cant think of another event whether sport ,music or theatre that I cant pass on my ticket

May 5, 2020
Sussex
Cards will not be the main way. Default will be mobile unless you contact supporter services and make arrangements for an alternative.

I can't see that on the website anywhere?they seem to be saying mobile NFC tickets are limited but an option if you want one?edit I just seen dazzer has a quote I am reading now above.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here