Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Royal Concert - Is there one single act you are looking forward to seeing ?

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
Well, you've told us it is next week. And yesterday. :lolol: Nobody knows.

well it is a saturday in June i do belive it usually is a bank holiday weekend well the next one not till august now so putting two and two together i would say it was this one.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
well it is a saturday in June i do belive it usually is a bank holiday weekend well the next one not till august now so putting two and two together i would say it was this one.

It could be today for all I know/care. I just thought the happy birthday thing was entirely cringeworthy and extremely awkward to watch. Funny though.

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
Just waiting for one of Madness to start crowd surfing, and forget they're on top of the Palace

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
ffs does anyone actually care when it is

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Have been arguing with my wife that she became queen when he dad died in February 1952 but her coronation was 2nd June 1953. Her Damond Jubilee was in February so why the celebration this weekend.

People saying the Birthday thing is Embarrassing i think its more embarrassing people dont know when the Queen birthday is

I am usually the first to moan about the "punctuation police" but I am really sorry this is taking things too far.

Surely it its - "People saying the Birthday thing is embarrassing, I think it's more embarrassing people don't know the the Queen's Birthday is". Or something.

According to Wikipedia (and we all trust that, don't we) the answer would seem to be "depends where in the former Empire you are" - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queen's_Official_Birthday

I had always assumed that it was the Anniversary of when she was officially appointed to the job, 2nd June, but you live and learn.

I think it is a sad reflection of our times (I blame Dick Knight) that people have nothing better to do than watch something on TV that they are not enjoying, whilst others can only sit, read and comment on their postings!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Have been arguing with my wife that she became queen when he dad died in February 1952 but her coronation was 2nd June 1953. Her Damond Jubilee was in February so why the celebration this weekend.

I'm with your wife on this one, the celebration should deffinitely be on Coronation day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here