Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Royal Concert - Is there one single act you are looking forward to seeing ?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Did anyone else think grace jones was both brilliant and absolutely bonkers?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Did anyone else think grace jones was both brilliant and absolutely bonkers?

Along with Madness ("One's House" and the projections on the front of Buckingham Palace - brilliant) she was the standout of the whole event. As someone said on Twitter, an oiled-up 64-year-old with a hula hoop isn't something you'd normally expect to enjoy (although come to think of it I do know a couple of people who might) but she manages to blend the sublime and the ridiculous.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Some of the singing was terrible......Stevie Wonder was the best, even though he thought it was the Queens birthday.

Stevie Wonder is one of my all-time favourite musicians, but I had low expectations last night, and as I predicted he did some of his dullest but most popular songs. I suppose "Sir Duke" would have been appropriate for all the royalty present, but it's a novelty song. And the appearance of the massively untalented Will I Am was aother example of Stevie W allowing lesser artistes to intrude on his fans' enjoyment. At the Super Bowl in Detroit he was joined by John Legend, who was okay but not as good as the man himself. Very decent of you, mate, but not what we wanted to see.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Madness madness madness madness !!!!

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I thought it was OK. Usual fare dished up for these occasions.

Some of the links between acts were cringeworthy and some of the singing was appalling (was that Cheryl Cole with Gary Barlow?). Madness, Kylie and Alfie were good, Tom was ok but a bit subdued, Grace was bonkers, Elton did his best under the circumstances but it was a huge shame he was ill, Cliff - not good. The Sing people did very well I thought, all things considered. Not sure why we had to have 2 lots of Robbie - one was quite enough.

Queeny did not look like she was enjoying it, but the others seemed to, although I suspect Mike Tindall was taking the micky throughout.

Could have done with someone to rock it up a bit, like Ozzy did at the last one.

A reasonable evening's entertainment I thought.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The best by far was Alfie Boe and Rene Fleming the majority of the rest seemed to show their age and the fact that they are probably now well past their best before or sell by date. I would exclude Robbie Williams from that as I thought that he was quite good with a good rendition of Mack the Knife.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here