Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The round club badge back>

Jamie

Jun 28, 2008
When the club re launches itself at Falmer does anyone else want the round blue badge with a white seagull in the middle back. The one used at the cup final. For me that was the Albion's best badge as it was unique in shape and well I thought pretty cool. The crest badge is like every other crest in the league

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I thought that there was a rebranding exercise in the offing?

(this information, I seem to remember, came from NSC and so may not actually be true)

From a personal point of view I prefer the shield crest, but thats is because it is the crest I have grown up with. I perfectly understand why other fans would want the older round crest, however as a fan in his early 20s the only association with the round crest I can make is from the Archer/Bellotti era.

Last edited:

Jamie

Jun 28, 2008
hopefully we might get the round badge back then (blue background circa 70s & 80s not red as was used last year at the soldstone)

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
When the club re launches itself at Falmer does anyone else want the round blue badge with a white seagull in the middle back. The one used at the cup final. For me that was the Albion's best badge as it was unique in shape and well I thought pretty cool. The crest badge is like every other crest in the league

YES I DO!

My tea mug has 14 of the old crests on it, I have had customers wanting to pay me good money for it.

I think we should adopt something new and relevant that encapsulates everything it means to be a Brighton fan. The despair, the struggle, the passion. How about a pink striped man bag with a diamante seagull motif on the front of it?

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I think we should adopt something new and relevant that encapsulates everything it means to be a Brighton fan. The despair, the struggle, the passion. How about a pink striped man bag with a diamante seagull motif on the front of it?

Under an umbrella?

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009

Yes please, along with an update on the old 'Bukta' 78/79 promotion kit. If they walk out at Falmer for the first game with that on then I'll feel all the years of pain will of been worth it.:albion2:

brighton___hove_albion_1978-1979.gif

Last edited:

Jamie

Jun 28, 2008
Yes please, along with an update on the old 'Bukta' 78/79 promotion kit. If they walk out at Falmer for the first game with that on then I'll feel all the years of pain will of been worth it.:albion2:

brighton___hove_albion_1978-1979.gif

I'm with you, with white sleeves and the Bukta logo down the aarms that looked like seagulls. Same down the side of the shorts. The yellow away kit with the blue seagulls/bukta logo down the arms was cool as well.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
On the subject of badges how many changes have we had over the years? Anyone got an images of the older ones??

Not that many - about four or five.

We've had the seagull in a shield since 1999. Before that, it was the seagull in a circle - or variations therein - from 1977 to 1999. We've also had the twin crests of Brighton and Hove, as per the cententary shirt - that was used in the late 50s and through the 60s.

There was also the black shield with white script 'BHA FC' in the 1940s-50, and the monogrammed 'BHAFC' in the 70s.

There was a dolphin design done, but I can't find any reference to it actually being on a shirt. Apart from that, as far as I am aware, we've had a badge-free shirt.

Tim Carder's book has plenty of images of the shirts with their different badges.

Last edited:

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I personally LOVE the Brighton and Hove crests on the centenery Kit, thought they were tops and if we are going to change badges id opt for them instantly.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
or a small white seagull like the hollister logo but bigger as its for a football shirt, with BHA FC underneath it! that would be f***ing mint.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Myself, I'd be happy to see the round badge back - not that there is anything wrong with the shield, and I could understand the reasoning behind the change.

I have done one or two designs off my own bat, and attracted much scorn for it - especially as the current seagull design, which I do think is now sorely dated, was changed.

Personally, I would like to incorporate the elements of the seagull, the county martlets of Sussex, the stripes, and the club name and nickname into a new round badge. All very do-able.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here