Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Referee's a Wanker.......

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Bakesy said:
Sounds good to me, SO LONG AS YOU DON'T TRY TO MAKE ME DRINK ANYTHING WITH ALCOHOL IN IT.:lolol:

i never drank til i met you :lolol:

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.

Gwylan said:
I disagree. He could well have been sympathetic but Cox's refusal to go over to him - twice - was not the most sensible thing to do. I don't know whether the ref was going to book him or talk to him initially or not, but I do know that Cox's behaviour made sure he was off.

I thought the ref had a good game, it's not his fault that the laws following celebrations are bollocks. But I thought he missed little and let the game flow well.

I was at the game but missed the events leading up to the sending off. If Cox refused to go the ref after being previously booked then that was just asking for trouble.

I do like the crap excuse the ref gave McGhee according to the Argus:

McGhee said: "It was made difficult for us by the sending off but it was an unnecessary sending off. They make the rules and the referee told me at half-time that if he hadn't booked him he would be suspended by his own authorities.

A ref being suspended for not bookiing one player in one match, utter utter crap.

Gwylan said:
I disagree. He could well have been sympathetic but Cox's refusal to go over to him - twice - was not the most sensible thing to do. I don't know whether the ref was going to book him or talk to him initially or not, but I do know that Cox's behaviour made sure he was off.

I thought the ref had a good game, it's not his fault that the laws following celebrations are bollocks. But I thought he missed little and let the game flow well.

Albaman

Equatorial Splitter
Apr 22, 2006
Singapore lah
Robert Lester Zamora said:
Hmmm ... he did - maybe we should "lose" that photo!

Did Hammond come straight back on ... i.e. before the ref really noticed .... i.e. did Cox/Revell linger longer?
Revell was booked as the scorer. Cox stopped then went towards the crowd right in front of the ref. I think the thought that 2 bookings were enough.

The ref is stilll a :tosser: though

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
surely el abd and hammond should of been booked as well, as they were celebrating with them?

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
Scotty M said:
surely el abd and hammond should of been booked as well, as they were celebrating with them?

and what if the whole side ran off the pitch? Surely he woudln't hand out 10 yellows?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
A ref being suspended for not bookiing one player in one match, utter utter crap.

The Fa and FIFA are starting to clamp down on refs not booking/sening people off.

You cant have it both ways - have a go at a ref for not booking a player for the other side for doing the same but then have a go for booking a player from your team.

Domsdad

brother of Patch
Sep 24, 2003
Its grim up north
A lot of folk seem to be making excuses for the ref. I was at the match and the fact is that he was bent as a 13 bob note. Do you think he would have booked and sent off Rotherham players for the same offences - he would not. And where did the 4 minutes injury time come from? Who was he working for?

I only go to away matches and I'm sick of bent refs - its not in the rules that the home team gets the benefit through the match. A performance as biased as the one by that nerk at Millmoor if seen on TV for a high profile match would have filled the back pages of the sunday papers for weeks. Utter crap. Looking forward to seeing a match when its 11 versus 11. Saturday started as 13 versus 11 and ended as 12 versus 10.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I wasn't there so didn't see the incident, but I think the authorities are a bit "twitchy" on players running over to celebrate and actually embrace the fans, after a couple of incidents where people were injured in the surge. I think it was at Charlton last season, where van Nistelrooy ran over the the fans after scoring, and a steward was trampled as fans rushed to the front of the stand to pet the horse.

All a bit poe-faced I suppose, but you don't want kids at the front getting mashed by a load of 18 stone starstruck scarfers lunging for a grope of their heroes after scoring.

Kinky Gerbils said:

The Fa and FIFA are starting to clamp down on refs not booking/sening people off.

You cant have it both ways - have a go at a ref for not booking a player for the other side for doing the same but then have a go for booking a player from your team.

I have been looking at various websites today about refereeing and could find no evidence to suggest that if a referee had not booked a player he would be suspended himself. It seems referees are assesed betweeen March and March, so for this guy on Saturday to be at risk of suspension he must have made some pretty bad mistakes already this year. the only referee that I can remember in the past that was suspended for doing something wrong in amtch was Andy D'Urso.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/3619252.stm
He didn't send a player off after giving him two yellow cards, slightly more serious that not booking a player for a 50-50 challenge as what happened to Cox on Saturday.
Incidentally I am not in the camp of one rule for the Albion and one rule for other teams when it comes to refereeing decisions.
All I would like to see is some common sense and consitency.
Because I can guarantee a similar incident like Cox's sending off will happen elsewhere this season and the player will not be sent off.

Southover Street Seagull said:
I was at the game but missed the events leading up to the sending off. If Cox refused to go the ref after being previously booked then that was just asking for trouble.

I do like the crap excuse the ref gave McGhee according to the Argus:

McGhee said: "It was made difficult for us by the sending off but it was an unnecessary sending off. They make the rules and the referee told me at half-time that if he hadn't booked him he would be suspended by his own authorities.

Yeah, only you could get an anti-McGhee whinge out of this one :rolleyes:

Domsdad said:
And where did the 4 minutes injury time come from?
Yep, can't think of a significant stoppage in the second half.

London Irish said:
Yeah, only you could get an anti-McGhee whinge out of this one :rolleyes:

How the hell is that an anti Mcghee whinge?!!!!

I am criticising the referee, please read my post correctly.
I repeat I am not criticising McGhee.

Southover Street Seagull said:
How the hell is that an anti Mcghee whinge?!!!!

I am criticising the referee, please read my post correctly.
I repeat I am not criticising McGhee.

Yes, I didn't read your post correctly - my apologies :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here