Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Referee's a Wanker.......

Skintagain 1983

And Smith Did Score!
smudge said:
He's sent one of ours off, therefore he is a wanker!

(Do we know him?)

Well actually, Staffs Gull and I know of him.

Mr Webster was a work colleague of our late friend and Albion fan (honourary BHAlba) Colin Pryor, who was tragically killed in a caving accident last year.

Colin was a civil servant working in Newcastle who used to meet up with Staffs and I when we managed to get to Albion away games in the North of England.

On at least one occasion I recall Colin chauferring Mr Webster to an Albion away game to officiate, and despite Colin's attempts to convince Mr Webster to give us a dodgy penalty if we were need ing one with 5 to go, Mr Webster proved he was whiter than white.

The first time I saw Mr Webster out in the middle for an Albion game was in Sheffield (Weds or United I can't recall), in about 2003 when the Ref's assessor marked him down for not sending off Bobby Zamora.

Anyway, if you check out "Rate the Ref" you will see that of the Refs "National group" of 65 refs outside of the Premiership, Mr Webster was rated 9th overall for his performance last season.

http://www.ratetheref.co.uk/ref/league/RefLeague.aspx

The referee's not a wanker... well not all the time obviously.. :eek: :lolol: :blush: :angel:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here