Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Referee's a Wanker.......

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
What a way to go down in the books though. In 10-20 years time we will recall him with god like revere, the man who scored on on his debut and took a booking for kissing the badge, what a hero. Yes the booking does sound very harsh

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
Robert Lester Zamora said:
No - they both got booked for leaving the field of play

It's not exactly the longest distance from leaving the field to the stands, at Rotherham, must be what, all of 2ft how did they find their way back. Yes is the rules but what a pathetic rule, don't remember Jobi Wankenuff getting booked for the same thing last year, thought this rule had been around for a couple of years now, consistency would be nice

What annoyed me about the sending off was just the stiff-necked view that the ref took of the two incidents together.

The first yellow card, the ref is right that he has little discretion, fair enough - can't blame him that it is inconsistently applied by other refs.

But the foul on the touchline - a ref with sympathy for the game and footballers would have brought him over to read the riot act, giving him the benefit of the doubt on that one so soon after such a technical booking. He DID have discretion on this one, what other fouls had Cox committed priot to that?

What also annoyed me was that it seemed initially that the ref WAS going to take no action but then the crowd has a massive whinge, then lo and behold, he walks towards Cox and gets the yellow out and then red :nono:

The ref had boxed himself in with another 50-50 yellow against one of the Rotherham players earlier.

Just a poor ref with little sympathy for the game, could have ruined it for us but thank heavens we held our nerve and righted an injustice the best way, on the pitch :clap: :clap:

Last edited:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
London Irish said:

The first yellow card, the ref is right that he has little discretion, fair enough - can't blame him that it is inconsistently applied by other refs.

But the foul on the touchline - a ref with sympathy for the game and footballers would have brought him over to read the riot act, giving him the benefit of the doubt on that one so soon after such a technical booking. He DID have discretion on this one, what other fouls had Cox committed priot to that?

What also annoyed me was that it seemed initially that the ref WAS going to take no action but then the crowd has a massive whinge, then lo and behold, he walks towards Cox and gets the yellow out and then red :nono:

The ref had boxed himself in with another 50-50 yellow against one of the Rotherham players earlier.

Just a poor ref with little sympathy for the game, could have ruined it for us but thank heavens we held our nerve and righted an injustice the best way, on the pitch :clap: :clap:

I disagree. He could well have been sympathetic but Cox's refusal to go over to him - twice - was not the most sensible thing to do. I don't know whether the ref was going to book him or talk to him initially or not, but I do know that Cox's behaviour made sure he was off.

I thought the ref had a good game, it's not his fault that the laws following celebrations are bollocks. But I thought he missed little and let the game flow well.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
The other rule that annoys me is being booked for timewasting. Why don't they just add on the time at the end? Unless it's taken to ridiculous lengths of course.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Robert Lester Zamora said:
No - they both got booked for leaving the field of play

Are you sure, I swear I saw the ref telling Revell it was for lifting his shirt up, the ref (wanker) even demonstrated to Revell by lifting his own shirt up, then got the yellow card out. Seems to me the ref thought that was tantamount to taking your shirt off.

Anyway, :tosser: :tosser: :tosser:

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
dougdeep said:
The other rule that annoys me is being booked for timewasting. Why don't they just add on the time at the end? Unless it's taken to ridiculous lengths of course.
And waste valuable drinking time?Shame on you........:nono:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Unnecessary bookings means less chance for the fans to see the best players.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
dougdeep said:
Unnecessary bookings means less chance for the fans to see the best players.
Supporting Brighton means less chance for the fans to see the best players:nono:

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
London Irish said:
What annoyed me about the sending off was just the stiff-necked view that the ref took of the two incidents together.

I totally agree with you, (i know its not very ofton i do :lolol: )

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
hitony said:
I totally agree with you, (i know its not very ofton i do :lolol: )
He talks more sense than many on here, yet faces constant criticism.:nono:

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
Gwylan said:
I disagree. He could well have been sympathetic but Cox's refusal to go over to him - twice - was not the most sensible thing to do. I don't know whether the ref was going to book him or talk to him initially or not, but I do know that Cox's behaviour made sure he was off.

I thought the ref had a good game, it's not his fault that the laws following celebrations are bollocks. But I thought he missed little and let the game flow well.

Ahh now i wasnt at the game, and if the ref did try to speak to him twice and the player took no notice, then thats a differant thing

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
If Cox and Revell were booked for leaving the field of play I'm sure I saw a photo of Hammond with them too - so why wasn't he booked?

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
Bakesy said:
He talks more sense than many on here, yet faces constant criticism.:nono:

fair comment mate,

hey we will have to meet up again and have a few beverages at an away game again soon ? obviously it will be tea or coffee !!! :lolol: :lolol: spose we could live life on the edge and have a hot bovril :eek: :smokin: :O

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
hitony said:
fair comment mate,

hey we will have to meet up again and have a few beverages at an away game again soon ? obviously it will be tea or coffee !!! :lolol: :lolol: spose we could live life on the edge and have a hot bovril :eek: :smokin: :O
Sounds good to me, SO LONG AS YOU DON'T TRY TO MAKE ME DRINK ANYTHING WITH ALCOHOL IN IT.:lolol:

Mustela Furo

Advantage Player
Jul 7, 2003
Superphil said:
Are you sure, I swear I saw the ref telling Revell it was for lifting his shirt up, the ref (wanker) even demonstrated to Revell by lifting his own shirt up, then got the yellow card out. Seems to me the ref thought that was tantamount to taking your shirt off.

Anyway, :tosser: :tosser: :tosser:

Spoke to Alex after the game and that is what he said the ref put it down as .... possibly the ref was going to book him for taking his shoirt off, then realised he didn't actually do that, so got him on the other rule instead ?

Mustela Furo

Advantage Player
Jul 7, 2003
Jim D said:
If Cox and Revell were booked for leaving the field of play I'm sure I saw a photo of Hammond with them too - so why wasn't he booked?

Hmmm ... he did - maybe we should "lose" that photo!

Did Hammond come straight back on ... i.e. before the ref really noticed .... i.e. did Cox/Revell linger longer?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here